Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 06:43 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,776,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
But your giving the bible to the Christians and your standing for them as being owners and sole possesors of the bible. Your witnessing for them and teaching others that God had the book wrote for them.
Just the opposite: I'm pointing out that there are 2 separate and different Bibles: the Bible, or, if you prefer, the Jewish Bible and the Christian Bible; and, that the Christian Bible, from my Jewish perspective, is a man-made fiction appended to a mistranslation of the Jewish Bible to provide it with undeserved credence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 07:49 PM

5,298 posts, read 4,607,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Just the opposite: I'm pointing out that there are 2 separate and different Bibles: the Bible, or, if you prefer, the Jewish Bible and the Christian Bible; and, that the Christian Bible, from my Jewish perspective, is a man-made fiction appended to a mistranslation of the Jewish Bible to provide it with undeserved credence.

And this is " Why you need it to be the Christian bible", because the enemy needed is the enemy created. Your belief needs a target, and Christianity is that target, so your going along with those Christians who view the bible as their own; you discredit the fighter and his weapon of choice, because your in oppisition with the fighter. But you need to fight.

Its really contridiction on the surface, your people claim the Torah as their own, as if its for no other peoples, so your in favor of the Christians doing the same thing with the bible. You have accepted that their usurping of the bible is valid, in order to support your discrediting of the bible itself. So it goes hand in hand, and its why your consciousness will protect and project that it is indeed the Christian bible, and your consciousness willnot let that go.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:16 PM

Quote:
And this is " Why you need it to be the Christian bible" ...
It is the Christian Bible because it is the Christian Bible.

Quote:
Its really contridiction on the surface, your people claim the Torah as their own, as if its for no other peoples ...
Jews claim the Torah as our own because that is what the Almighty indicated when the Almighty gave the Torah to those at Sinai, their descendents and those who voluntarily accept it through conversion, and to no one else.

Quote:
You have accepted that their usurping of the bible is valid ...
Please do not place words in my mouth: their usurping of the Bible, or, if you prefer, the Jewish Bible is not valid.

Quote:
... in order to support your discrediting of the bible itself.
I do not discredit the Bible, or, if your prefer, the Jewish Bible; the Christian Bible is another matter entirely.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:41 PM

Quote:

It is the Christian Bible because it is the Christian Bible.

I am finished with this, there is no need to continue on this subject with you.

Peace on your journey.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
I am finished with this, there is no need to continue on this subject with you.
Good.

You've learned that there are 2 separate and distinct Bibles:

The Bible, or, if you prefer, the Jewish Bible; and,

The Christian Bible, which is what Christians call the New Testament grafted onto their mistranslation of the Jewish Bible.

Old 02-07-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Good.

You've learned that there are 2 separate and distinct Bibles:

The Bible, or, if you prefer, the Jewish Bible; and,

The Christian Bible, which is what Christians call the New Testament grafted onto their mistranslation of the Jewish Bible.

I have learned some things about you yourself too.

Peace on your journey Walter. I have enjoyed the debate; and I did learn some things about the Torah, and the burial practices of Jews.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:57 AM

Why would Jesus open and shut the understanding of humans; I am not really sure, can only quess; but its an incredible power for sure. I often wonder what a power like that " Could do." Imagine, having the power to totally educate the world, or totally blind it.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:38 PM

Jesus actually didnot convert any people while he taught and basically came to earth only to announce Gods comming Kingdom, to settle a score with satan, and to begin a revolutionary process of reserved evolution. He didnot want to overthrow any governments, or lead any rebellion, and he certainly didNOT want to start the Roman Catholic church.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 PM

When someone " Gets into your head", we mean they have affected your mind. This intrusion has taken residence in your consciousness. This is one of the more incredible, un-talked about powers of Jesus. Look closely at Phil. 3:21, and understand that its refering to Jesus and his power; " Who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of his glory; by the exertion of the power that he has even to " Subject All Things to Himself!" Look here; Jesus has the power to subject EVERYTHING to himself! He can manipulate every single human being into being or not being, whatever he so desires.

This is incredible!

Old 11-21-2012, 03:18 AM

460 posts, read 595,138 times
The so-called Christian Bible holds an interesting story of how it came about. It is unfortunate that the beginning of the story is pinpointed with the Nicene Councils, when the actual beginnings go back much further in time.

There are inconsistencies in the New Testament, at least according to a few folks (groups, perhaps) who have a lot of time on their hands to collect and display these inconsistencies.

It is these inconsistencies that help tell the tale of those turbulent days when the followers of the Christ philosophy banded together and "slogged" out all efforts to exterminate them.

Much of Paul's writing, since he is given credit for most of the content of the New Testament, is situational. Most of the inconsistencies, then, are accredited to Paul's letters. What these inconsistencies really show, however, is the different political climes and attitudes of people, the local government, and the state had towards this new "Jewish" religion.

Come two thousand years hence, however, and much of the angst of the first hundred years of the new "Jewish" movement has been "lost" or forgotten, buried under a ton of dogma cement as well as a fundamental shift of the Christ philosophy in the opposite direction.

One would be better off, in my opinion, to study the words reportedly taught by Rabbi Jesus (Jeshua) and giving Paul a fairly wide berth. Not to ignore the letters collected and deemed more politically correct to the formula and creed passed by the Nicene councils in the late 4th Century, but to gain, perhaps, an understanding of just how chaotic the very foundations of a religion were. The "Christian Church" did not grow up to maturity overnight. Two major sects grew very powerful (one western, the other eastern) that involved itself with the two Roman empires (one western, the other eastern) until Emperor Theodosius finally declared that Jesus was God and allowed the Rome-based bishop license to wipe out all other "Christian" sects. It is within this secular environment that we should form an opinion of the New Testament in addition to whatever spiritual beliefs we wish to attach to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality