Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2012, 09:44 AM

5,298 posts, read 4,604,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I suppose you wouldn't care to explain how you equate " he certainly has sentenced this world to death and seperation from him. " with "that he may show Mercy to all."

You are suggesting some sort of Universal reconciliation doctrine here? Or is the 'separation' permanent?
Yes, I think the theme of the bible is Universal Reconciliation for sure, it defintely shows that as Gods intent; the seperation is defintely not revealed as permanent. This is clearly shown in 1 John 4:14 where it is written that the very reason God sent Jesus was to be " The Savior of the entire World." Not just believers or Christians ( Although they are defintely included) but the entire world of born humans; which is why I say the bible is a " World Book", its for everybody, not just any particular group that trys to lay personal claims on it.

God gives death only to later give eternal life , in fact the second death which the bible mentions in Revelations is simply the death of the first death. And there will be no more death. He pronounced seperation from him as the first stage in a historic reunion with him in his reality. The performance of God is always based on Love, Patience and Mercy; but he has his way of doing things, and reasons for doing them. He wanted suffering and death for us first, and then Mercy and Life with him later. Which is why he calls himself the first and the last, because he is the complette cycle of Life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2012, 09:25 PM

646 posts, read 636,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallisdj View Post
Well, my dear Wilson, all you have shown is that you are willing to accept mythology and misunderstanding from unlearned folks because they speak inside a church or a synagogue or a mosque.
????? What are you talking about? I really haven't shown you anything - yet.
Quote:
However, there is a whole world out there that has taken the Bible apart in its pieces, using the original language or as close to it as possible.
Yeah! And the do it in such a way that they cannot be questioned on it. I have sent in many challenges to the things they allege about the Bible and they just ignore it.
On the other hand, if you choose to repeat those allegations on this thread and are prepared to defend them, then I think we can really have something going here.
Quote:
I find it a shame that people will listen to their favorite preacher and internalize the misinformation.
What makes you think that includes me? I don't have a favorite preacher. 'Cept Jesus, that is.
Quote:
But as soon as a theologian or linguist comes along that "rocks the boat," there is antagonism and even a shutting of doors in one's mind.
You lost me again.
Quote:
You haven't "seen" anything in the reading of your Bible because you cannot see. It is not that you are stupid.
There is no need to get personal and judgemental here.
Quote:
Quite the contrary. It is because you haven't opened your eyes to a great wealth of literature out there that is available on the Internet even.
I am aware of what it "out there." But will you get to the point?
Quote:
As a beginning of your journey into the marvelous world of the Bible, may I suggest that you begin with a very simply written book: Don't Know Much About the Bible.
Tell me why I should read it. I know a lot about the Bible already.
Quote:
It will begin to open your eyes to an understanding of this God that will just blow your mind away.
Not as long as it is firmly achored in the Word of truth.
Quote:
Now, as to answer your question:
What question? I haven't asked any - yet.
Quote:
read Habakkuk again.

If God is the author, then why would God be complaining--in Habakkuk--about ITself: questioning God about the suffering of the righteous and the fact that the wicked go unpunished. Again, if God is the author of Habakkuk, then God is questioning ITself about why it allows the righteous to suffer and the wicked to go scott free.

Now, at the end of Habakkuk, the author puts words in the portrayed God as to assure that the ciming judgment will set all things right, especially by the Chaldeans who are going to carry out God's plan by kicking "you know what" and taking names.

Habakkuk ends his "revelation" by asserting that "the righteous shall live by their faith."
Not specific enough. Give me chapters and verses to work on.
Quote:
The Old Testament Gods, depending on which depiction or character one wishes to use or envision, is indeed one God. But this one God is completely unknowable. No one is able to define God or adequately describe God.
Just more allegations. Give me book, chapter and verse.
Quote:
It is completely incomprehesible that a God being the author of anything would be so obscure.
How come he is not obscure to me? But what's with the rambling?
Quote:
While folks like to point out that the Bible has been the best-selling book since the 15th Century A.D., there are a good many reasons other than it being a "good read." Taken by themselves, after undergoing a complete understanding of the times in which the stories were written, the puns used, the figures of speech, the "lost" themes of the stories ("lost" because they have been Christianized), the stories are pretty "good reads."
Book, chapter and verse - please.
Quote:
But a real God wanting to expose ITself to humanity would be straight-forward. IT would not limit itself to a set of rules that are impossible to follow. IT would not be so wishy-washy as to allow whole populations to violate those rules referred to. AND, IT wouldn't be "hiding" in some Never-Never-Land, knowing that mankind will fail every time and not lifting a finger to help. Which IT does constantly.
Book, chapter and verse.
Quote:
IT would be the very ether we breathe and live in. Which IT is.

IT would be exuding love like you wouldn't believe. Which IT does. Just not through the Bible.

IT has demonstrated over and over again throughout at least these 6,000 year eon that IT doesn't really care what is going on in this world. And this the writers of the Bible point out time and time again. Rather, IT concerns ITself with the spiritual, the real life while you and I traverse this miserable valley of Death.

After we have served out our service of this living Death and Separation, we'll get back to the importance of Being. And at that, we won't be needing Scripture; we won't be needing commentaries, we won't be needing explanations (and associated recriminations). 'Cause we are going to "know" for the first time.
If you want to play hide-and-seek, don't pick on Bible students because we won't try to track you down, mash on your belly and force you to cough it up.
If you have nothing specific to point out, I have nothing more to say.

Wilson.

Old 01-28-2012, 08:42 AM

Why would Jesus open and shut the understanding of people? Well I am not totally sure, but my hypothesis would be he does it to protect people, and set them up for Salvation. A manipulation of Grace in their lives. To position them into a mode of consciuousness, best suited for them. Some of us are better off blind; some of us are best left in a position of religious deception; and some of our lives are best lived in unbelief. Some of us are best left in the prodical catagory, destined to come home later.

Old 01-28-2012, 01:05 PM

Jesus said something once in Matt. 9:6, he said that he has " The Authority to forgive the sins on Earth." This means Jesus is sanctioned by God to complettely wipe out any reason that anyone could be condemned; holding that power, I begin to understand why his blinding of people wouldnot affect their Salvation.

Old 01-28-2012, 06:29 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,754,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
Jesus said something once in Matt. 9:6 ...
Said something? Or, was reported in the Christian Bible as saying something?

Old 01-28-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Said something? Or, was reported in the Christian Bible as saying something?

There is no such thing as a Christian bible , that is a misunderstanding which you won't let go of because you " Need the bible to be a Christian bible in order to fuel your own dislike for something." I cannot judge your reasonant for supporting a misconception, I have explained to you plenty of times why it is not a Christian bible, but a world bible for whoever reads it. But as I have said before, the hunter needs a prey, the one who vents, needs something to vent on, and the supporters of misconceptions have their reasons for keeping the flames of deception alive.

Which I think may be contridiction on your part; I respectfully mention that I know you do not like the popular misconceptions out there concerning the Torah and the Jews, so why would you in turn support misconceptions concerning the bible?

Old 01-28-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickiel View Post
There is no such thing as a Christian bible...
So far, you are the only one posting here who makes the claim that there is no such thing as the Christian Bible.

From Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία ta biblia "the books") is any one of the collections of the primary religious texts of Judaism and Christianity. There is no common version of the Bible, as the contents and the order of the individual books (Biblical canon) vary among denominations. The 24 texts of the Hebrew Bible are divided into 39 books in Christian Old Testaments, and complete Christian Bibles range from the 66 books of the Protestant canon to the 81 books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church Bible. The Hebrew and Christian Bibles are also important to other Abrahamic religions, including Islam[1] and the Bahá'í Faith,[2] but those religions do not regard them as central religious texts.

Also see Christian biblical canons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-28-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
So far, you are the only one posting here who makes the claim that there is no such thing as the Christian Bible.

From Bible - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία ta biblia "the books") is any one of the collections of the primary religious texts of Judaism and Christianity. There is no common version of the Bible, as the contents and the order of the individual books (Biblical canon) vary among denominations. The 24 texts of the Hebrew Bible are divided into 39 books in Christian Old Testaments, and complete Christian Bibles range from the 66 books of the Protestant canon to the 81 books of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church Bible. The Hebrew and Christian Bibles are also important to other Abrahamic religions, including Islam[1] and the Bahá'í Faith,[2] but those religions do not regard them as central religious texts.

Also see Christian biblical canons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The bible describes itself as the word of God, not the word of Christians. Wikipedia has no authority to change that, nor do you. You need the bible to be a Christian bible for your own reasons; and you want it to stay that way in your consciousness. The bible " NEVER" calls itself a Christian bible, the term " Christian" does not even appear in the original texts but once , and it was what the Romans called the believers in Jesus.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:32 PM

Mickiel, you are the only one who believes as you do that there is no Christian Bible.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Mickiel, you are the only one who believes as you do that there is no Christian Bible.

I don't believe that. I can't tell you how many others believe as I do, but I am not the only one. I wonder how you would feel if a group other than yours started calling the Torah, " Their personalized book?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality