Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2012, 07:30 AM

707 posts, read 686,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciko View Post

no, beacuse i believe in God more than even before, beacuse science leads me to God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansdad View Post
so very true. excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The false science of Intelligent design may convince,but it is a false trail and is no evidence for your belief.

Why does it threaten you so much AREQUIPA that there are others' who share this belief of ciko and myself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2012, 07:33 AM

707 posts, read 686,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciko View Post
did you watch those 3 above ? they are not to long, and it is scientst who speak, it is not relgious people, so please watch it and then comment.

How can you say false science when even biggest atheist in the world admited that there is inteligent design in nature

look for yourself

Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design

Richard Dawkins admits to Intelligent Design - YouTube

how can you say that it is false science, when you can clearly see natural engines with propellers and fuel, that is inteligent deisgn in nature, how can such complex stuff create by itself? how can non-thinking nature create engine with 40 parts wich use fuel to move in the liquid????

absolutly not.

if you say that it is false, tell me who had rotating propellers with motor before bactera and spermcells?

that person from DNA
Meyer was a professor at Whitworth College. Meyer is currently director at the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture and Senior Fellow at the DI.

then explain this to people

where do you see evolution here

fossil

GARFISH

Size: 39 centimeters (15.3 in) in length; matrix: 29 centimeters (11 in) by 40 centimeters (15 in)
Formation: Green River Formation
Period: Eocene

Hundreds of garfish fossils that have been collected give evidence that these still-living fish have remained unchanged for millions of years. The garfish pictured, between 54 and 37 million years old, is no different from those living in our seas today. This exact similarity is an inexplicable situation for Darwinists and once again proves the fact of creation.

HERRING

Size: 9.3 centimeters (3.7 in)

"Living fossils" reveal that species have not evolved, but are created. Species have not attained their present body structure by chance, as evolutionists claim. They are all created flawlessly by Almighty God and have lived throughout their existence in the form they were created.

The herring fossil pictured also proves this. Herrings have remained the same for millions of years, preserving the form and structure with which they were initially created. Like all other fossils, this herring reveals that the theory of evolution is based on lies

JUVENILE RABBIT

Formation: White River Formation
Period: Oligocene

30-million-year-old fossils that are identical with creatures living today refute the theory of evolution. Fossil discoveries reveal that rabbits have always been rabbits.

SUNFISH

Size: 17.2 centimetrs (6.8 in)

Seas in our day have many species of sunfish. The fossil pictured shows that sunfish have not evolved. For millions of years their physiology has remained the same. The appearance and structure of sunfish that lived about 55 million years ago are the same as those alive today.

CRANE FLY

Period: Cenozoic Era, Eocene epoch

As with all other species, stasis observed throughout the course of crane fly's existence is proof that evolutionary claims are false. The theory of evolution was proposed under the scientifically primitive conditions of the 19th century, adopted merely by ignorance, yet collapsed in the face of the 20th- and 21st-century science

SHRIMP

Size: matrix: 10.5 centimeters(4.1 in) by 15.2 centimeters (5.9 in)
Period: Jurassic, Malm Zeta

The shrimp is an arthropod belonging to the sub-phylum Crustaceae. Its body is covered in armor composed largely of calcium carbonate. Various species of shrimp live in both salt and fresh water. The earliest known shrimp fossil dates back some 200 million years.

The fossil shrimp pictured is around 145 million years old. Shrimps, which have maintained their structure for millions of years with no change, are proof that living things never underwent evolution.

DRAGONFLY LARVA

Size: 42 millimeters (1.6 in) by 35 millimeters (1.3 in)
Perio: Upper Miocene

SPIDER

Size: 1.5 centimeters (0.6 in) (leg to leg ), 0.7 centimeters (0.28 in) (body )
Period: Upper Jurassic

The oldest known fossil spider is of a water spider, 425 million years old. The fossil pictured is 156 to 150 million years old. Such fossils show that spiders have been the same for hundreds of million years. Darwinists have no consistent and scientific answer for these findings
This is very compelling. And also shows there is no evidence of one specie changing into another. The biggest hoax of the Theory of Evolution.

Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 AM

1 posts, read 927 times
Time started at the Big Bang.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:02 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,173 times
Quote:
This is very compelling. And also shows there is no evidence of one specie changing into another. The biggest hoax of the Theory of Evolution.
If you are looking for a crocoduck, you are not going to find any of those as that is not what the ToE claims.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:08 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
If you are looking for a crocoduck, you are not going to find any of those as that is not what the ToE claims.

I'm almost convinced. Certainly more than by the old tosh that Dawkins admitted Intelligent design. That is just their comprehension problems -as is the complete denial of all the evidence for evolution. As you say. Since we do not get a 'Crocoduck' before our werry eyes, they claim there is no evidence and it is a hoax (1) . And this is the sort of fatheadedness to which I feel compelled to respond

Quote:
Why does it threaten you so much AREQUIPA that there are others' who share this belief of ciko and myself?
Perhaps I am over anxious but I always feel that a fatheaded 'God obviously made everything' post with an equally fatheaded 'Yeah, right on brother " response is going to fool some gullible dupe into thinking 'well, they seem pretty sure..'

So I feel moved by the ineffable pseudopod of the FSM to explain that it's just fatheadedness.

(1) the only 'Hoax' we get in recent times is stuffl ike the Paluxy tracks and the carefully clipped sandal prints and other creationist deceptions.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-01-2012 at 08:17 AM..

Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
However we are made of the same chemicals of the earth.
Your point? The two things are massively different claims. Us being made from the same materials found on the Earth... and us being made by magically influencing dust.

Quote:
This is based on the distorted view atheists have of some peoples' belief in God. They have no idea so they use these kinds of ideas to justify their own non-belief.
False. We do not even NEED to justify our non belief. It is justified enough by the fact you have offered literally no substantiation for the claims. More justification than that is not required.

However if you want people to have the "correct" idea about god then start giving them one, rather than just ranting no one has it right.

Quote:
Pointing out your claims are unsubstantiated is not the same as being "Threatened" by them. You are just strawmanning now. I guess it is easier to pretend people are "Threatened" by you than actually refute their pointing out that you are just making unsubstantiated claims. It is not just theists that do this. All kinds of charlatans do. The Snake Oil sales man for example:

SnakeOilMan: Take this and it will cure you.
TheMark: What evidence have you that this will cure me?
SnakeOilMan: Why are you so scared of the medicine?

Creating imaginary biases in others to cover your own failings is a transparently dishonest tactic in these discussion. No one here is "threatened" by you... they just find your claims to be baseless unsubstantiated nonsense and want to know if you can back them up at all. No more. No less.

Quote:
The biggest Strawman of the Theist you mean. Evolution does not claim that any species today turned into any other species today. Yet creationists keep claiming it does.

Why? Because it is easier to attack something they made up than attack the ACTUAL claims of evolution which is that species today share common ancestors. So lizards did not become birds for example. Or birds did not become lizards. But a common ancestor became both birds and lizards.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 AM

584 posts, read 597,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
The biggest Strawman of the Theist ...

... it is easier to attack something they made up than ...
Would Strawman [sic!] be something like you equating Theist with Creationist, or is that simply rank dishonesty?

Old 10-01-2012, 09:15 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker Soule View Post
Would Strawman be something like you equating Theist with Creationist
Pedantry will get us nowhere. Context is everything and if you ignore it you are likely to make such errors as above. In the context it is pretty clear to whom I am referring. If it makes you feel more comfortable however to substitute "Creationist" for "Theist" in my text however then by all means do so as that is indeed the kind of people I am talking about. As was made clear not many words later in text you conveniently left out of your reply to me, where I very clearly said "Yet creationists keep claiming it does.". But do not let my actual text get in the way of you making a snide dig at me when you can just delete it and make it look like I said things I did not.

I am well aware, and have pointed it out on many an occasion, that not all Theists reject Evolution. Just creationist nonsense paddlers like Vansdad and Ciko and Mikiel and so forth on threads such as this.

Old 10-01-2012, 09:20 AM

584 posts, read 597,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
I am well aware, and have pointed it out on many an occasion, that not all Theists reject Evolution.
Great - my apologies.
Parenthetically, and speaking of pedantry, why did you choose to capitalize 'Theist' in your rant if you intent was not to denigrate theists?

Old 10-01-2012, 12:03 PM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawker Soule View Post
Would Strawman [sic!] be something like you equating Theist with Creationist, or is that simply rank dishonesty?
I would point out that the thread (perhaps inevitably) has become yet Creationist arguments against evolution thread so Nozz hardly 'Started it' and of course knows - as I do -that by no means all theists are Creationists.

and of course 'Strawman' is perfectly good shorthand for Strawman fallacy so 'sic' (which, if we have our pedants' headwear on should be 'sic.' as short for sicut. And capitals are not forbidden by law even when applied to Atheism.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-01-2012 at 12:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality