Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2007, 06:53 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,438,946 times

Advertisements

Well, imho it all comes because when God created the universes and his children he created a game where to win it we are supposed to find God, and the only way to do this is by loving him, he gave us free will because if we had been forced into loving him it wouldn't be true love.

So what do you think is the only thing that the Master of the universe doesn't have and desires from you?

your love, God craves that!! But you have the right of choosing not to give it to him.

God bless everybody
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2007, 07:48 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Well, imho it all comes because when God created the universes and his children he created a game where to win it we are supposed to find God, and the only way to do this is by loving him, he gave us free will because if we had been forced into loving him it wouldn't be true love.

So what do you think is the only thing that the Master of the universe doesn't have and desires from you?

your love, God craves that!! But you have the right of choosing not to give it to him.

God bless everybody
So the universe is one giant wheres Waldo game for god to play? That sure makes me want to participate

Old 10-27-2007, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
So the universe is one giant wheres Waldo game for god to play? That sure makes me want to participate
You couldn't have said it better! I think God is as insane as his children or more, but think on this if he hadn't created this game we wouldn't be alive, we would have never experienced both the good and bad things that have happened to us, we would have never been able to appreciate the beauty of his creation.

And the most interesting part, is that God is one, but he created the law of relativity, so he could split into thousands of beings or God's children, actually we are nothing more than God's condensed cosmic thoughts IMHO so he's the one experiencing all the things we do through us until we awake and remember who we really are.

Note, it would be wrong to think I'm God, we are just small parts of Him so it would be better to think my father and I are one, or God's the only reality.

Love and Light!

Old 10-27-2007, 12:23 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Note, it would be wrong to think I'm God, we are just small parts of Him so it would be better to think my father and I are one, or God's the only reality.
Essentially, this is a key element of gnosticism. It's called "the divine spark." Are you gnostic?

Old 10-27-2007, 12:28 PM

^^^^^^

nope nvxplorer, I'm a member of the Self Realization Fellowship

Self-Realization Fellowship: Official Site of Paramahansa Yogananda's Life and Teachings

Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 PM

571 posts, read 853,359 times
Default Just read then think about it, dont immediately go ya right

LOL IF GOD IS REAL HE IS DOING A CRAPPY JOB AND HE IS FOR A FACT NOT PERFECT
by definition its impossible LOL for crying out loud, he told moses to go kill Idolatry in anger. or they could repent. (go look it up) hmmm repent or die hmmmmmmm THATS MODERN TERRORISM lol thats supports all killings of muslims by Catholics in Africa. 2nd if god is perfect he would have foreseen that and not have gotten angry. I will refuse believe in something that requires my believe to get in heaven.

God is also the main reason for death destruction, mass killings, wars, this is also a fact. religious wars there a never ending one in aferica and the middle east today. Dont cry to be about god loving us because truly if he truly loves us, all of this death corruption, destruction would never happen. He wouldn't let innocent people die. He wouldn't let little girls loose their dads because some catholics or muslim decides that God wants your family dead. I really cant stand it. I cant stand the thought of Catholics saying god loves us all. But he requires us to worship. in his way..... i cant stand it i am not going to based on my religion because of a santa like story.

There many things i can say about the belief in god. Such as it is the main reason for intolerance. Against Gays, Athes, other faiths, people who believe in other gods. Love by him is gone. he left this world along time ago

The main point of religion today is morals. not doing a good job but thats it what its ment to teach. virtue, now there is religions that isn't intolerant against others, who truly respect other believes who. dont ask you to worship them. thats Buddhism i dont believe in all of it like recarination. however they are purely moral. You go talk to one you will go see.

The reason it isn't popular is because they don't ask you to join they believe people must find there own way and choose he religion you truly believe in

Another thing against Christians. when two men decided to worship god their own way. by incents. guess what god did when they presented there offerings, he burned them alive (according to catholic religion) I can never worship or even respect a religion like this.

These are all true look them up

PLZ before you go spreading you Pro Catholic false proprogand anwser all the questions truthfully, and instead of turning a blind eye, consider other options instead of just one

plz forgive spelling errors and english errors

I am in Christian school even though i think its bull **** so i know what i am talking about. AND i studied world issues as well

Old 01-11-2008, 10:09 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,004,056 times
Yeledaf asks: Why does God want us to worship Him?

I don't think he does. IMO, God needs nor wants anything from us.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:49 PM

22,211 posts, read 19,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
If God is God, does He really need us to tell Him how wonderful and powerful He is?

Doesn't He know?

What difference would our little opinions make to Him, especially since we are created in His image?

Is our gratititude of any significance to the King of Kings?
I don't do it for god, I do it for me. I give thanks because it then increases what I am giving thanks for, whether it is with people, or with life in general. God loves me no matter what I don't have to earn his love through groveling or praise. It's like any friendship or relationship with a person, it is not very satisfying if I ignore the person, it is much more satisfying and rewarding and uplifting when I engage with the other through conversation, sharing my thoughts and feelings, listening to their response. What fun is a friend or lover or child or dear one if I ignore them?

Old 01-11-2008, 02:14 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
I believe God does desire our worship! Not needing our worship. We are recognizing His love for us....Worshipping is not just singing and so forth. I believe it is acknowledging we desire Him and His fellowship in our lives. He says He knows our coming and going, even when we pray He knows what we are going to say and ask before we come before Him. I kind of think it is more for us, because He becomes more of a reality in our lives and faith is then strengthen in the heart.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:19 PM

479 posts, read 1,142,401 times
I think God desires our friendship and fellowship with him. Worship consists of praise, honor, fellowship and friendship. Actually the real question should be - why do people not want to fellowship with God? He created the entire universe, everything we know to be good...and he is extremely loving, caring, compassionate, and wel..funny..ha ha. So yeah, despite what he can do - that's enough motivation for me to want to have a relationship with him....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality