Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 05:33 PM

1,606 posts, read 1,261,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider's Pantheon View Post
YHWH told Moses to kill a man for picking up sticks on his Sabbath.
This is what I am talking about. You deem this as 'immoral' without any authority to back up your claim. You simply state, 'It's wrong!'

Well, 'Says who?'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 05:45 PM

995 posts, read 960,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maxx View Post
This is what I am talking about. You deem this as 'immoral' without any authority to back up your claim. You simply state, 'It's wrong!'

Well, 'Says who?'

Just making the law stating that it is a capitol crime to work on a certain day is immoral. It's called totalitarian. Big Brother. It is HIGHLY immoral. It is terrorism.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:50 PM

The laws of the Prophets, which Jesus showered with all kinds of respect for, is what was used to put him to death. Jesus scolds the Pharisees and Scribes for murdering innocent people (supposed Prophets that God sent to guide the people of Israel,) while at the same time Jesus never lifted a finger against the doctrine they were dutifully following. The doctrine of the Bible makes it a capitol crime to be Jesus-like. To heal on the Sabbath, or teach of God that differs from Moses. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Old 09-09-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Just making the law stating that it is a capitol crime to work on a certain day is immoral. It's called totalitarian. Big Brother. It is HIGHLY immoral. It is terrorism.
Again, says who?

Old 09-09-2014, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Again, says who?

Anyone with a moral compass. It is because of this law Jesus, along with many other innocent people were put to death. They were murdered. You will probably argue that anyone who woks on Sunday, and doesn't think about YHWH for more than a few seconds deserves TO DIE?

Old 09-09-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Anyone with a moral compass.
Really? Where does this moral 'direction' come from? We can go at this for a long time before you reach the conclusion that I came to a long, long time ago. Your version of what is 'right' or 'wrong' or 'moral' or 'immoral' is simply your opinion, your taste, your preference and it means exactly nill. Hitler had a moral compass. What makes his compass less 'right' than yours. What makes my compass less 'moral' than yours? Nothing. Why? Because morality requires an authority in order for there to be a moral duty, or why something is an 'ought'.

You say, 'murder is wrong' and you think you are saying something concrete, but a careful examination reveals the statement to be impossibly ethereal.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,970,272 times
Quote:
Really? Where does this moral 'direction' come from? We can go at this for a long time before you reach the conclusion that I came to a long, long time ago. Your version of what is 'right' or 'wrong' or 'moral' or 'immoral' is simply your opinion, your taste, your preference and it means exactly nill. Hitler had a moral compass. What makes his compass less 'right' than yours. What makes my compass less 'moral' than yours? Nothing. Why? Because morality requires an authority in order for there to be a moral duty, or why something is an 'ought'.

You say, 'murder is wrong' and you think you are saying something concrete, but a careful examination reveals the statement to be impossibly ethereal.

Easily solved as to what is moral.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Easily solved as to what is moral.
By all means... enlighten me.

Old 09-09-2014, 08:40 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,970,272 times
Quote:
By all means... enlighten me.
Guess showing you the picture is not good enough (or are we just trying to be obtuse).

"If if feels good, do it."

"If it harms you or someone else, don't."

Old 09-09-2014, 08:46 PM

Quote:

That argument doesn't work, because the God of the Bible and his prophets are guilty by their own standards. They set the rules and broke them. Thou shalt not kill, unless of course, a God of murder in Heaven asks you to. Then it's ok. That is what makes God's prophets so holy, after all. They are like Muhammad, and Charles Manson. If a voice in Heaven tells them to murder innocent people, they have no moral compasses, they go through with it.

If a voice in Heaven asks a typical Shaman to kill an innocent child, assuming the Shaman has a moral compass, he would tell that voice of murder to jump in the lake of fire. That would be the responsible thing to do. It is not having a moral compass, or a conscious that makes it ok to murder. And the Bible makes it OK to murder. It is the doctrine of murder and terrorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality