Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 02:19 PM

874 posts, read 636,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Fine post, Ella. Hope it makes a dent.
Thanks, TroutDude. I know where you stand. Thanks for supporting me.

I hope something will make a dent. I hate to see a Christian-in-name-only be so lost and so far from God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 02:22 PM

5,853 posts, read 5,287,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I finally AGREE with Kim Davis..LETS ALL FOLLOW GOD'S LAW on this one!!

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

ROMANS 13:1

I'm gonna nitpick just a little. Your attachment is wrong-Mike Huckabee was never a senator. He was a governor.

Cat

Old 09-07-2015, 02:29 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I finally AGREE with Kim Davis..LETS ALL FOLLOW GOD'S LAW on this one!!

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

ROMANS 13:1
I assume you are not a Christian. Christians are supposed to be tolerant of others and you clearly are not.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:32 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Do you really think that anyone here would rush to this woman's defense if she were using Islam as an excuse for her grandstanding rather than Christianity?
I would think if she was using Islam then the government would bend over backwards to accommodate her and this wouldn't be a major story.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
It appears that Jeff simply enjoys being wrong. About pretty much everything.
Prove it. Oh wait, you can't.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:37 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,232,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Prove it. Oh wait, you can't.
Prove your convictions.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ella Parr View Post
I'm a Christian and I think it is stupid not to support SSM.

You may have said the words (Lord Jesus Christ I accept you as my Lord and Savior). You may even have been dunked at some point. But, Jeff, you are a Christian in name only. You do not commune with God and He doesn't commune with you. You are not filled with the Holy Spirit. You are not following the teachings of Christ. If you were, you would be very different. We all could see God in your life, if He were there. You can protest all you want that you know God and that you follow Jesus, but you don't. You think you are doing God's work, but you haven't discussed it with God. If you had, God would have put peace and understanding in your heart. Communing with God is the most wonderful, glorious thing I have ever done. Once it happens to you, you will know it. You will not mistake it. Others can see it in you. It is powerful and life-changing. We don't see it in you, Jeff. We don't see God in you, Jeff. You have put blinders on and ear plugs, too. Your soul is so filled with the weeds of the Anti-Christ, they have strangled out the flowers of God.
Only God knows the condition of someone's heart so to stand here and act like you know me personally based on some opinionated posts regarding hot topics is not only offensive, it is being a liar. For all I know, you are an agent of Satan writing these words to get a rise out of me. The fact that I am so despised on this forum is proof alone that I speak the truth. The darkness hates the light and will fight against it. The Holy Spirit guides a TRUE believer away from sin and sin becomes something that we hate and feel absolutely miserable when we betray God and give into it. I'm not going to stand quietly by while people like you celebrate sin and SSM is an blatant betrayal and slap in the face towards the God that you claim to serve. And yet you see nothing wrong with that?

Quote:

I know you are feeling battered, bullied, and defensive. Now, it has just become you (and a small handful of others) against a multitude and you think you must defend your position. I am not asking you to embrace homosexuals or SSM. You don't have to like anybody you don't want to and you don't have to interact with anybody you don't want. I am asking you to take a deep breath, step away from your anger for a few minutes, and embrace God. Commune (that is a two way street) with God.
I may have little support in this forum, but guess what, an internet forum is not real life! In real life, there are millions of Christians out there who do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle. In real life, you would find yourself in the minority. Here, you just a meaningless username to me.

Quote:

You have rejected God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit for the teachings, doctrine, and dogma of some church. You have put your faith in church, not in God. They are not the same thing. Today, many churches are the Anti-Christ and their members are no better. The Anti-Christ is very smart and has roped you into his fold. Give yourself back to God. The Bible tells us that God's light shines through us. Jeff, you do not have the light of God. Don't be a Christian in name only. God is waiting for you.
I will never reject Jesus but I will certainly reject everything you posted here. Wrapping your stone up in a pretty bow doesn't make you look any better.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:51 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
I would think if she was using Islam then the government would bend over backwards to accommodate her and this wouldn't be a major story.
Like the cab drivers that wanted to refuse fares with dogs or alcohol?

Yeah, they were told to do their job or lose their license.

Old 09-07-2015, 02:55 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
Like the Muslim cabbies? Once again you try to defend yourself purely with an unproven and ridulous claim. Can you find one example where in the USA a mulim was able to force all those working for him or her to follow the Muslims belief to discriminate? People on this thread have already stated that they would also oppose a Muslim, Hindu, buddists or atheist doing the same thing as Mrs Davis but you ignore reality and slink back into your world of "everyone is against the Christians ".

Ella gave you great advice. I see that you did read it and then attacked her for what she said. Most people do not despise those that are right we go against those that are not good or kind.

Last edited by badlander; 09-07-2015 at 03:02 PM.. Reason: added to

Old 09-07-2015, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
That's the only point that's needed to destroy most of your arguments, Jeff, and if you find that tiresome all I can say is - then educate yourself. If I were constantly getting into arguments with people who are better educated and better informed than I on the issues we are discussing, and they kept pointing out that my arguments are flawed because I have no idea what I'm talking about, and that made me uncomfortable, I'd make an effort to educate myself so that I wasn't wrong every time I opened my mouth. You can do the same if you wish, but you deliberately choose not to.

Jeff, you need to understand that when you're debating someone, your entire argument hangs on whether or not you know what you're talking about. You usually do not. Over and over again, you post complete nonsense and present it as absolute fact, and you just don't seem to know the difference between the two. Pointing that out is a legitimate counter to your position.
In other words, you can not counter my arguments so you resort to thinly veiled insults. My education is not the problem. The problem is people like you who hold such a deeply ingrained bitterness and bias attitude towards Christians that you would chew your tongue off before ever just once admitting that we are right. I can honestly say that I've never once seen an atheist say to a Christian "you made a very good point". So it has nothing to do with me. I may be wrong about some things, but wrong about every single sentence I ever write? Cmon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality