Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2015, 03:28 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
No not like the Muslim cabbies. That is such a typical tactic. You find an extreme comparison example and apply an all or nothing standard to make your position appear to be the correct one. No, I don't think religious exemptions should not be applied for every single possible scenario. I can counter with numerous examples where business have accommodated Muslims with their prayer time and attire or they have lost lawsuits regarding such things. It's funny that that doesn't seem to work with Christians. No, we now get tossed in jail.

Accommodating Islam in the Workplace: A Work in Progress | Primerus

Sorry but when someone disrespects me by making a post of unfounded claims against me, I have zero reason to listen to their "advice". If someone can show respect, I'll listen.
Rich coming from you, the master of extreme or made up claims. Your example is ridiculous, you are using the comparison of providing accommodation to defying a court order. No one I know has ever been thrown in jail for asking for the right to pray in private. These Muslims were not forcing anyone else to pray with them. You know you get Sundays, Christmas and Easter off work and school most places. At my place of employment, if a Christian needed off for a special service, my employer would accommodate them 99.9999% of the time. The clerk refused to allow anyone else to do the job, of issuing a government issue piece of paper and you think she has the right to not allow anyone in the county to serve a license to a same sex couple and that is equal to an employer making it so some one can pray at work away from their fellow worker. Who in their right mind would think the two are even similar? If I was religious, I would have to take a day of holidays to observe my services but yours are all holidays anyways and you still com plain because somehow non Christians get some time for their religion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 03:30 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
No not like the Muslim cabbies. That is such a typical tactic. You find an extreme comparison example and apply an all or nothing standard to make your position appear to be the correct one. No, I don't think religious exemptions should not be applied for every single possible scenario. I can counter with numerous examples where business have accommodated Muslims with their prayer time and attire or they have lost lawsuits regarding such things. It's funny that that doesn't seem to work with Christians. No, we now get tossed in jail.

Accommodating Islam in the Workplace: A Work in Progress | Primerus

Sorry but when someone disrespects me by making a post of unfounded claims against me, I have zero reason to listen to their "advice". If someone can show respect, I'll listen.
The clerk was offered an accommodation, let deputies issue the licenses, but she refused.

The only acceptable accommodation she will accept is for the states laws regarding who issues marriage licenses be changed. This is not REASONABLE.

This would be like a Muslim saying that not only would they not touch alcohol or pork, but the entire store could no longer sell those items.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:31 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,661,785 times
Old Native American Saying; It does not require many words to speak the truth.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:35 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,329,567 times
Quote:
A small group of people on a single internet forum = everyone in the entire world. Abertlogic 101

I suppose you have personally interviewed every single Christian in America to obtain this factual information, right? Funny that the major denominations of Christians STILL do not favor SSM in their creeds.

Here I'll make it easy for you. See all that red in the right column? That means you're wrong.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homosexuality
But more religious people support it as opposed to those against it, 47 to 45 percent according to Atlantic magazine. So you are the one wrong because you used denominations rather than people to back your argument about people. You simply are not good at making your cases, that is one reason you usually are wrong.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
I said "for all I know" which means I'm suggesting the possibility, not making the claim like she did.
Why would you even THINK it was a possibility? Are you in a church where you're being told that? Guess who else thought people could be agents of Satan? The people who believed Jim Jones and drank the Flavor Aid. That belief is one of the reasons they committed mass suicide. Dude, you SO need to re-read Ella's post. Then Google "Jonestown" and find out what happens when people buy into extremist beliefs.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-07-2015 at 04:07 PM..

Old 09-07-2015, 03:50 PM

874 posts, read 636,940 times
Quote:
Only God knows the condition of someone's heart so to stand here and act like you know me personally based on some opinionated posts regarding hot topics is not only offensive, it is being a liar. For all I know, you are an agent of Satan writing these words to get a rise out of me. The fact that I am so despised on this forum is proof alone that I speak the truth. The darkness hates the light and will fight against it. The Holy Spirit guides a TRUE believer away from sin and sin becomes something that we hate and feel absolutely miserable when we betray God and give into it. I'm not going to stand quietly by while people like you celebrate sin and SSM is an blatant betrayal and slap in the face towards the God that you claim to serve. And yet you see nothing wrong with that?

I may have little support in this forum, but guess what, an internet forum is not real life! In real life, there are millions of Christians out there who do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle. In real life, you would find yourself in the minority. Here, you just a meaningless username to me.

I will never reject Jesus but I will certainly reject everything you posted here. Wrapping your stone up in a pretty bow doesn't make you look any better.
I am sorry for you, Jeff. I will pray for you and I hope you can find your way to God.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:07 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
But more religious people support it as opposed to those against it, 47 to 45 percent according to Atlantic magazine. So you are the one wrong because you used denominations rather than people to back your argument about people. You simply are not good at making your cases, that is one reason you usually are wrong.
A view of a denomination stance is a more solid representation than claiming some poll as fact which can be easily manipulated. In fact ,a pro-gay researcher was caught red headed tainting the results of one of these big polls to favor gays. People don't just change overnight and it's kinda hard to believe than in less than 2 years, the majority of Americans have suddenly decided to support gay marriage. You've said before how bad my arguments are and pledged to leave me alone. That didn't last long.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:11 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
but you came and posted here - what did you expect?

Old 09-07-2015, 04:12 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Pathetic.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:12 PM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The clerk was offered an accommodation, let deputies issue the licenses, but she refused.

The only acceptable accommodation she will accept is for the states laws regarding who issues marriage licenses be changed. This is not REASONABLE.

This would be like a Muslim saying that not only would they not touch alcohol or pork, but the entire store could no longer sell those items.

That's the first I've heard about the clerk being offered an accommodation. If that's true then I really don't support her actions since she has a way to not directly violate her beliefs. I don't think she is being reasonable by thinking her protest is going to force the Supreme Court to make a new ruling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality