Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2017, 12:34 PM

301 posts, read 295,559 times

Advertisements

Short answer: Catholics are Christians. (skip the rest if you want).

This is one of the problems with Religion and beliefs, even between groups that have their beliefs coming from the same source material, namely the bible. It goes further when you start to go to others such as Mormons and "The Book of Mormon" as another source document for a similar belief.

Bottom line, As a practicing Catholic who went to 10 of 12 years of Catholic School and later stayed in the Catholic church for another 10 years before slowly moving to considering myself just a Christian (and then finally becoming what I describe as an Agnostic Atheist for the rest of my life). During my journey, I studied the differences of many of the different "sects" of Christianity trying to find a Church that matched my faith and what I believed best fell in line with my interpretation of the bible which I had read several times. I did even read the Quran and much of the book of Mormon to see if there was something I was missing.

Catholicism is a Christian faith. It simply puts much more emphasis on ceremony. You can take a look at a Catholic mass and a Christian that comes to a Catholic mass doesn't know when to stand, sit, kneel, hold hands, etc. Secondly it puts much more emphasis on the Church itself with Ceremony instead of the individual. Examples are the 7 Sacraments many which require a priest. Confession requiring a priest. etc.

As I said, many other Christian religions have their own rituals although they might not see them as they are not nearly as easy to see Catholicism.

Finally, as a side note: This is another reason that even Christians should look to not have religion in schools. While most Christians believe the major tenet of Jesus being the Son of God and it is through him that you earn eternal life; there are major differences that could find their way into the classroom. There are areas of the U.S. that are 90%+ one type of Christianity. Most Christians would not like their kids to learn about the truth of Joseph Smith and the golden plates etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2017, 01:20 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Just as there are others who wouldn't want their kids to learn about Mary worship and sightings, praying on beads, venerating "saints", or living on the Pope's every breath. I think prayer should be allowed in schools (and it is being done anyway; come on seriously? FINAL EXAMS ), but it should be the option of the individual kids as to what form that takes.

Likely never going to get the genie back in the bottle ever again regarding that, so it's really a moot point, don't you think? Peace

Old 06-09-2017, 01:24 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistAstroGuy View Post
Short answer: Catholics are Christians. (skip the rest if you want).
You DO realize that the Catholic church declared all other denominations to be apostate, and declared those that believe in faith alone for salvation to be accursed (anathema), right? So how can they be in union with other Christians that believe differently? Or do you not believe they are?

Old 06-09-2017, 03:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You DO realize that the Catholic church declared all other denominations to be apostate, and declared those that believe in faith alone for salvation to be accursed (anathema), right? So how can they be in union with other Christians that believe differently? Or do you not believe they are?
Nonono....just saying that "Christian" is a broad tarbrush, ok?

Old 06-09-2017, 04:27 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,308,360 times
Quote:
Have you earned the right to call yourself an apostate?

Old 06-09-2017, 04:36 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Have you earned the right to call yourself an apostate?
O, O, {Got my hand up waving at teacher}

Old 06-09-2017, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
O, O, {Got my hand up waving at teacher}
What? Are you wanting to be an apostate? Fine but you have to start out as a watered down apostate. Just kidding, we don't roll like that.

Old 06-09-2017, 04:43 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal flavius View Post
o, o, {got my hand up waving at teacher}

roflol

Old 06-09-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbbi1 View Post
roflol
apostate!

Old 06-09-2017, 05:00 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:

All these Protestants that have figured out that the book of Revelation is talking about Rome think that the Pope is the Anti-Christ who has put himself in the place of God, they are wrong. Protestants are Catholic.

Revelation is not speaking about the Pope, it is speaking to a person who does have pagan Holy days because it was written in a time when the 7 year war was about to take place or was during or after, but it is showing how many gentile converts to Judaism had went back to their former pagan ways of Rome, and all Rome has is Babylonian Gods. What Babylon and Egypt had for gods, they all come from Babylon, and what Rome had for Gods, they all came from Babylon when Greece and Rome refined the religions of Babylon and Egypt, they perfected them, and many of the Christian Gentile were going back to their former pagan religions as would naturally be expected even today.

People hated Jews, and for a Gentile convert of Judaism to start looking like a Jew in the holy days he kept, this was lethal, and after the war it got much worse.

But even today, I can convince a person that Passover is the only true day, and that the feasts of Jesus are worthy to keep in truth and in spirit, but they will still go back to Christmas and Easter just as those people were doing when Revelation was written.

But Revelation isn't written against the Pope, or even a city. Revelation is written about you, if you keep Babylonian feasts, you are two cities against themselves.

It is written about the anti-Christ in you, and how you are to come back to God, and this is war.

The battle you begin in coming back to God and his ways is sheer war, it is kingdom against kingdom and this is within you.

Seek death while death may be found, and although many are marked with 666 in their foreheads, we still see them in the end, and there can be no mistake of what 666 means and who the Messiah of Babylon is. The Messiah of Babylon was the first supposed resurrected man, a grandson of Noah, and his name can never change, it will forever be,'' Tammuz,''

If you keep Babylonian feasts in Christmas and Easter and you reject the feasts of Jesus, then you are sealed and mark in your forehead and right hand right now.

That anti-Christ is within you, and you have to overcome him.

Exodus 13
7Unleavened bread shall be eaten seven days; and there shall no leavened bread be seen with thee, neither shall there be leaven seen with thee in all thy quarters. 8And thou shalt shew thy son in that day, saying, This is done because of that which the LORD did unto me when I came forth out of Egypt. 9And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD'S law may be in thy mouth: for with a strong hand hath the LORD brought thee out of Egypt. 10Thou shalt therefore keep this ordinance in his season from year to year.

Ezekiel 8 and Ezekiel 9 are showing people who die on 666, and why they die, and it is because of Tammuz, the resurrected Messiah of Babylon and his feasts are the winter solstice and Easter.

The Anti-Christ is here right now just as everyone is marked with Jerusalem or with Babylon, and Jerusalem will be searched with candle light to find and protect all those people who have the seal of God in their foreheads because of what holy days they kept.

In the 6th hour, in the 6th day, in the 6th month, in the 6th year, everyone who believes in the God of Israel but who doesn't have the seal of God in their forehead will die on this day as the last sacrifice to the birds.

If anyone is waiting for an Anti-Christ to come and literally mark their head, they will be waiting a long time because this is not a literal mark and every one is sealed and marked with Babylon or Jerusalem right now.

Jesus officiates Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur to seal all his people who follow him, but to the others, he comes as a thief because they didn't know the days of his visitation, Paul taught people the times and seasons so Christ could not come upon them as a thief, but now the times and seasons have been changed and the servants no longer watches for his master.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality