Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 07:27 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Oh, but Jeff could not care less about the gay teens that commit suicide. You should know, unless it involves Christians, Jeff does not care about it.
Another example of someone attacking my character with zero basis of proof. How do you know this? I actually have a heart for anyone who feels so dejected and hopeless that suicide becomes an option. I am firmly against bullying of gay teens and find it reprehensible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2016, 07:51 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Another example of someone attacking my character with zero basis of proof. How do you know this? I actually have a heart for anyone who feels so dejected and hopeless that suicide becomes an option. I am firmly against bullying of gay teens and find it reprehensible.
Yet you are completely comfortable with doing the bullying. You do realize that telling teens that they are abominations, are going to hell, should either repress their sexuality or pretend to be something they are not because your religion says so, is a form of bullying, right?

It is not an attack on your character when it is so obviously true. If you cared, and I mean really cared, you wouldn't tell these gay teens that they should be someone other than themselves, and call them abominations. You wouldn't be on here talking about how terrible gay people are. You wouldn't be telling people that the only way they can be happy is to turn against themselves, and become religious. You wouldn't be trying to deny rights to those very same teens you claim you have a heart for.

Basically, what I am saying, is that you are obviously NOT against the bullying of gay teens, as you yourself are involved in doing it.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:04 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Yet you are completely comfortable with doing the bullying. You do realize that telling teens that they are abominations, are going to hell, should either repress their sexuality or pretend to be something they are not because your religion says so, is a form of bullying, right?

And guess what, I've never told those things to someone's face. Now when people post lies about my faith or the Bible online, I am going to speak up, but that's different than laying down judgement against someone specifically like you do here.

Quote:

It is not an attack on your character when it is so obviously true. If you cared, and I mean really cared, you wouldn't tell these gay teens that they should be someone other than themselves, and call them abominations. You wouldn't be on here talking about how terrible gay people are. You wouldn't be telling people that the only way they can be happy is to turn against themselves, and become religious. You wouldn't be trying to deny rights to those very same teens you claim you have a heart for.

Basically, what I am saying, is that you are obviously NOT against the bullying of gay teens, as you yourself are involved in doing it.
I would never call someone an abomination or tell them that they are hell bound because that is not out of a spirit of love. OTOH, I'm not going to go against my faith and start believing that homosexuality is good either. I will preach that it is sin, but that's not bullying. Running down someone specifically by name is bullying.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:19 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:

And yet you feel free to do that upon others.

With me for example you claimed that I could not care less if Christians were killed

With me you claimed that I what to stop discrimation against everyone but Christians.

If you do not like it happening to you why do you do it to others.

And don't blame your doing it on that others do it too, free will and all that. If you wish to show examples that I have done it to you go ahead. If I have it is my fault not yours or any one else's.

I do think that your posts on the Christian Forum were not called for and I sent a private message of support to her rather than getting involved in a debate among Christians.

We all are the ones most blind to our own faults. I'm no exception. But then neither are you.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:40 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,373,852 times
Quote:
I would never call someone an abomination or tell them that they are hell bound because that is not out of a spirit of love.
No you hide behind your religion which does those things for you. So you can demean, insult, attack, and judge.... but then hide behind "Oh it is not me doing that, it is my god/religion".

This "Do not shoot the messenger" canard you hide behind when you judge and disparage those different to yourself is MUCH more transparent than you seem to think.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:49 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
And guess what, I've never told those things to someone's face. Now when people post lies about my faith or the Bible online, I am going to speak up, but that's different than laying down judgement against someone specifically like you do here.
Oh, well, since you don't say it to their face, that makes it all better!

Do you not think those teens can read? They could be on this very site reading about how much you hate gay people and how little they matter. As badlander posted above, you do that to people here DAILY. You like to act holier than thou, but the fact is, you are just as bad, or worse, than anyone else on here.

Quote:
I would never call someone an abomination or tell them that they are hell bound because that is not out of a spirit of love. OTOH, I'm not going to go against my faith and start believing that homosexuality is good either. I will preach that it is sin, but that's not bullying. Running down someone specifically by name is bullying.
You say that you wouldn't tell them that, I presume to their face, but you do so on this site every single day. Very little of what you say on this forum could be construed as "out of a spirit of love". No one is saying that you have to believe it is good, but you don't have to actively try to deny them rights, or talk about how terrible you think it is on a daily basis either. You don't have to tell people to deny who they are to make yourself and your petty God feel better, either. Maybe it isn't "bullying" per se, but it is certainly not kind. It is certainly something that could make people think less of themselves, or even something that could cause someone to have depression issues or something similar.

Regardless of what you call it, what you do is no better than the bully calling them names at school.

Old 03-16-2016, 08:58 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
...snip...

Regardless of what you call it, what you do is no better than the bully calling them names at school.
Except jeff is too cowardly to do it to their faces.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:32 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Except jeff is too cowardly to do it to their faces.

As strange as it may seem I will defend Jeff on this. I do not think he is a coward. I do get the impression that he was raised and lives in a pretty isolated environment kept away from those too much different from himself. Jeff seems to be an intelligent young person who has been indocternated that those who are not like minded are out to destroy his world and are attacking his God because they hate God and the more they attack Jeff the truer is his belief. I think he has been taught to extemely distrust people like us and the way he goes so overboard when we fight back makes me think that he is honest in his own mind and that this distrust of outsiders overrides his intelligence to see that he is often contradictory and also very illogical in presenting his cases. I think this might explain the fact that he does seem to consider moderate and liberal Christians as athests and seems to think that we are trying to take his religion away from him.

Jeff: that is my honest assessment from the words and tones of your posts. We are not out to get you nor do we hate your God. Many of us do not believe in him existing. Put when people "on your side" wish to use your religion against others do not be surprised if we attack that. This thread shows that even most real religious people do not believe in some of the morals that are written in the Bible and are using words to distance themselves and the Bible from the words within. This morning I heard about a pastor preaching that slavery was in the Bible and condone in it so it should be legal in America. I think his name was Stephen Andersen, not sure. Apparently he gets crowds of up to 17 people to his sermons so very few people follow him.

Old 03-16-2016, 09:44 AM

14 posts, read 9,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
The god of the bible is one immoral dude. Anyone who believes or teaches the unmoral utterances of this animal, because that is all that god is, has the moral turpitude of Catholic bishops who hide pedophilia priests.

Over the top commentary?

Nope, not at all. We all know the story of Lot's daughters, which is bad enough.

In 2 Samuel 12:11-12 that horrible entity threatens husbands with taking their wives, and giving them to other males to RAPE IN FULL PUBLIC VIEW.

What kind of animal does this? What kind of twisted logic must anyone go to support this? How COULD you, whether your are a parent or a church leader. The most disgusting violence against an innocent women? How can you think in any way shape or form that this is moral, right, or justified?
Rape does happen, no ? I interpret that as a structure.

Old 03-17-2016, 08:19 AM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:

Saying someone is sinning by acting upon who they are is judgement with pretty packaging so only one step above bullying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality