Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 03:52 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Okay, so I am dumb. Thank you for your careful appraisal.

Please see my post #78. You have the wits, as most creationists and believers have the wits, but what they believe is dumb, the way they argue is dumb and much of the the argument put forward by creationists is dumb.

You do make some good points about the origins of the cell and the gaps in the fossil record. But you try to use them to prove that the evidence FOR doesn't exist and that looks dumb. Trying to play the "I am being abused, therefore I must be right' card is also dumb. As is the kneejerk reversal of arguments. And the one -line response to an explanatory post and a video that I can hardly hope you'd watch. Even the first 5 minutes of intro, which is compelling enough.

Nor, I suppose, this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvprBLhJx_o

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-03-2016 at 04:07 AM..

Old 05-03-2016, 05:58 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Firstly, humans did not evolve from monkeys. Instead, monkeys and humans shared a common ancestor from which both evolved from around 25 million years ago.

Kind of like asking...How can I share common grandparents with my cousins if my cousins and my grandparents are still alive?

Evolution is not a linear process...it's a branching process.
Evolution has not stopped.
  • Monkeys are evolving
  • Apes are evolving
  • Humans are evolving

Evolution is not a process in which species universally progress up a "ladder".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlNLT_qy4F0
The only problem with your theory, and it is a big one, is that Monkey's, Apes, nor Humans for that fact are evolving.

Monkeys 2000 years ago are the same as monkeys today. No evidence for your claims at all.

Just a number of stories that keep changing in an attempt to make their religious ideology less ridiculous, and there is plenty of evidence for this. Just look in the high school text books over the years.

The sad thing this religion what is taught in our public schools.

Old 05-03-2016, 06:20 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,638,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Please see my post #78. You have the wits, as most creationists and believers have the wits, but what they believe is dumb, the way they argue is dumb and much of the the argument put forward by creationists is dumb.

You do make some good points about the origins of the cell and the gaps in the fossil record. But you try to use them to prove that the evidence FOR doesn't exist and that looks dumb. Trying to play the "I am being abused, therefore I must be right' card is also dumb. As is the kneejerk reversal of arguments. And the one -line response to an explanatory post and a video that I can hardly hope you'd watch. Even the first 5 minutes of intro, which is compelling enough.

Nor, I suppose, this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvprBLhJx_o
Everything that is created has a Creator. That is a logical premise. No one looks at a painting and believes that happened by random chance over billions of years.

On the other hand, the whole idea of abiogenesis that is proposed is not based in what is observed. It's entirely taken by the Evolutionist community on Faith.

This is what we observe.

Adding energy alone breaks down not builds up.

Otherwise we wouldn't have to replace our roofs after the sun beats down on them for 20 or so years.

Adding energy with a already existing complex molecule does assemble more complex molecules. In this case it is glucose.

Chlorophyll is very complex molecule. How did this evolve? Pure speculation that is could.

This is what we OBSERVE. This is SCIENCE. This is what we should be teaching people in the public school system.

No mention of a Creator even necessary. Of course that would be what inferred however.

Because that's the only logical conclusion.

This info isn't for the pro die hard Evolutionist evangelists on this board whose opinions won't be persuaded by the facts but for those that actually might be looking for information on this site.

It takes a great deal of Faith to believe in Evolution, and i'll add to that ignorance of the facts.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:22 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Everything that is created has a Creator. That is a logical premise.
Then who/what created your 'creator'?

Old 05-03-2016, 07:48 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am not responsible for what anyone else thinks, buddy or no. I have figured you out, Eusebius. Your silly rationalizations (Freeze dried food, etc.) expose your willingness to suspend all rational thought and knowledge to simply excuse and accept what you read as fact no matter how preposterous it might be.
Oh, not only am I dumb, now I have silly rationalizations and have suspended all rational thought and knowledge. Thank you so much for that assessment.

Old 05-03-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Then who/what created your 'creator'?
Who says a Creator had to create the Creator?

Old 05-03-2016, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Everything that is created has a Creator. That is a logical premise. No one looks at a painting and believes that happened by random chance over billions of years.
I put all the pieces of a model car in a bag, along with the tube of glue and little bottles of paint and paint brushes. Then I put it in a machine to shake it for over a year. When I stopped the machine, out came a beautiful model, all glued together and painted rather nicely I might add:

Quote:
On the other hand, the whole idea of abiogenesis that is proposed is not based in what is observed. It's entirely taken by the Evolutionist community on Faith.

This is what we observe.

Adding energy alone breaks down not builds up.

This info isn't for the pro die hard Evolutionist evangelists on this board whose opinions won't be persuaded by the facts but for those that actually might be looking for information on this site.

It takes a great deal of Faith to believe in Evolution, and i'll add to that ignorance of the facts.
Yep

Old 05-03-2016, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You are certainly quite clever I the way you argue, but the arguments you present do indeed look dumb. because they wilfully refuse to argue sensibly. Defining human and animal on the basis of what the Bible says is a useless definition in Biological terms.

The interest in finding out what the origins of life were is or course relevant to the whole subject of evolution but it irrelevant to the question of whether evolution actually happened. You are smart enough to understand this, so I can only say your persistent refusal to do so is just being Dumb on purpose, because discussing intelligently and reasonably would require you to go with the scientific evidence rather than the faith -based 'evidence' of Genesis as Interpreted by Eusebiius.

As to the cell to all life on earth, the evidence has been presented many times. Maybe Proof to you is compelling evidence. Maybe it, as I suspect, what you are willing to accept. If you refuse to listen is is not 'proven'. Therefore there is no proof and therefore no evidence. I don't know, and it doesn't matter anyway.

What matters is which way the evidence points. And I recently saww a presentation that answered a heck of a lot of the Creationist objections and many of the ones posed by Eusebius here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFgcOId-ZY

While I was watching it, I could hear the Creationist objections.

You may have a sequence, but that is merely micro -evolution. Unless it changes to a different critter and then of course they are a different 'kind'; each Micro -evolving separately.

And you say the 'Cambrian Explosion' was over 25 million years and so cannot be called an 'explosion'? But if it was over one day as per genesis, then 'explosion' is what it was.

Of course two micro -evolved 'kinds coincidentally matching at the end of one and start of the other JUST in the same strata is a coincidence too far, and that the rock dating emerging from the RATE -challenge stronger than when it went in does make the Cambrian 25 million years and not one day. But Creationists like to bat away these points individually and never look at a 'Big Picture'.
It is quite possible the Cambrian Explosion took place in Genesis 1:1. Obviously a God Who is powerful enough to create the entire universe as we know it, is powerful enough to bring to life on our planet massive amounts of differing life. And since in Genesis 1:2, the earth became chaos and vacant of all life, we know that all life from Genesis 1:2 onward could not have evolved from life in Genesis 1:1. All life on earth today is from Genesis 1:2 and then, all land creatures today are from Noah's ark.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:20 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
The only problem with your theory, and it is a big one, is that Monkey's, Apes, nor Humans for that fact are evolving.

Monkeys 2000 years ago are the same as monkeys today. No evidence for your claims at all.
Why are people who don't know anything at all about Evolution the ones to tout the dumbest things about it?

It's clear you know nothing at all about Evolution or how it works.

Evolution is a continuous process.

Educate yourself!

MISCONCEPTION: Humans are not currently evolving.

CORRECTION: Humans are now able to modify our environments with technology. We have invented medical treatments, agricultural practices, and economic structures that significantly alter the challenges to reproduction and survival faced by modern humans. So, for example, because we can now treat diabetes with insulin, the gene versions that contribute to juvenile diabetes are no longer strongly selected against in developed countries. Some have argued that such technological advances mean that we've opted out of the evolutionary game and set ourselves beyond the reach of natural selection — essentially, that we've stopped evolving. However, this is not the case. Humans still face challenges to survival and reproduction, just not the same ones that we did 20,000 years ago. The direction, but not the fact of our evolution has changed. For example, modern humans living in densely populated areas face greater risks of epidemic diseases than did our hunter-gatherer ancestors (who did not come into close contact with so many people on a daily basis) — and this situation favors the spread of gene versions that protect against these diseases. Scientists have uncovered many such cases of recent human evolution.

— genetic evidence regarding recent human evolution

— the recent evolution of adaptations that allow humans to thrive at high altitudes

— the recent evolution of human genetic traits that protect against malaria

— the recent evolution of lactose tolerance in humans

Quote:
Just a number of stories that keep changing in an attempt to make their religious ideology less ridiculous, and there is plenty of evidence for this. Just look in the high school text books over the years.
What is a number game? What evidence are you talking about?

LOL hopefully high school is not where people learn about Evolution...but what do you mean "just look in the high school text book"?
Quote:
The sad thing this religion what is taught in our public schools.
The sad thing is that there are scientifically illiterate humans like you out there that don't understand what a Scientific Theory is. For anyone to call a Scientific Theory religion goes to show how scientifically illiterate they are. It's only sad for you.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:24 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Why are people who don't know anything at all about Evolution the ones to tout the dumbest things about it?
Ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality