Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 09:43 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
His posts should tell you. Edgar Alan is our greatest ally here.
Satan is your greatest ally but even he must think you are silly.

Old 04-26-2016, 11:37 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Satan is your greatest ally but even he must think you are silly.
Who is satan?

Too funny all the imaginary entities some of the faithful come up with. Fairies are considered real by many Irish. Ghosts by many in the South, especially New Orleans area. Santa Clause by children. And on, and on, and on.

Old 04-26-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Who is satan?
Satan: "cupper3, I'm your father." in the voice of Darth Vader.

Old 04-26-2016, 01:41 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Satan: "cupper3, I'm your father." in the voice of Darth Vader.
Cool, since Darth ended up being the good guy. Thanks for explaining.

Although both are fantasies.

Old 04-26-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Cool, since Darth ended up being the good guy. Thanks for explaining.

Although both are fantasies.
You are a fantasy too.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:58 AM

261 posts, read 156,730 times
Quote:
You are a fantasy too.
It is you who is living in fantasy land if you really believe the nonsense you come out with is true.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula spider View Post
It is you who is living in fantasy land if you really believe the nonsense you come out with is true.
No, actually it is you who is living in a fantasy land if you really believe the nonsense you come out with is true.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:18 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
I don't look dumb. I look rather sophisticated.

Your "evidence" is based on say-so. There is no actual PROOF all life on earth came from a single celled organism. No, none. Yet they say it is so based on their say-so and you swallowed the bait!

You say "the origins of life is irrelevant for evolution" but that is incorrect. It is relevant. Just because you say it isn't does not prove it isn't relevant. If it isn't relevant, why do scientists search for the origins of life? They state all life began on earth from the single cell and yet they have no verifiable proof. It is just their say-so. They have to say what they say because they just can't bring themselves to bring God into the picture. Anything but God! Even if it sounds stupendously stupid!
You are certainly quite clever I the way you argue, but the arguments you present do indeed look dumb. because they wilfully refuse to argue sensibly. Defining human and animal on the basis of what the Bible says is a useless definition in Biological terms.

The interest in finding out what the origins of life were is or course relevant to the whole subject of evolution but it irrelevant to the question of whether evolution actually happened. You are smart enough to understand this, so I can only say your persistent refusal to do so is just being Dumb on purpose, because discussing intelligently and reasonably would require you to go with the scientific evidence rather than the faith -based 'evidence' of Genesis as Interpreted by Eusebiius.

As to the cell to all life on earth, the evidence has been presented many times. Maybe Proof to you is compelling evidence. Maybe it, as I suspect, what you are willing to accept. If you refuse to listen is is not 'proven'. Therefore there is no proof and therefore no evidence. I don't know, and it doesn't matter anyway.

What matters is which way the evidence points. And I recently saww a presentation that answered a heck of a lot of the Creationist objections and many of the ones posed by Eusebius here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFgcOId-ZY

While I was watching it, I could hear the Creationist objections.

You may have a sequence, but that is merely micro -evolution. Unless it changes to a different critter and then of course they are a different 'kind'; each Micro -evolving separately.

And you say the 'Cambrian Explosion' was over 25 million years and so cannot be called an 'explosion'? But if it was over one day as per genesis, then 'explosion' is what it was.

Of course two micro -evolved 'kinds coincidentally matching at the end of one and start of the other JUST in the same strata is a coincidence too far, and that the rock dating emerging from the RATE -challenge stronger than when it went in does make the Cambrian 25 million years and not one day. But Creationists like to bat away these points individually and never look at a 'Big Picture'.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-01-2016 at 07:38 AM..

Old 05-02-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
You are certainly quite clever I the way you argue, but the arguments you present do indeed look dumb. because they wilfully refuse to argue sensibly. Defining human and animal on the basis of what the Bible says is a useless definition in Biological terms.

The interest in finding out what the origins of life were is or course relevant to the whole subject of evolution but it irrelevant to the question of whether evolution actually happened. You are smart enough to understand this, so I can only say your persistent refusal to do so is just being Dumb on purpose, because discussing intelligently and reasonably would require you to go with the scientific evidence rather than the faith -based 'evidence' of Genesis as Interpreted by Eusebiius.

As to the cell to all life on earth, the evidence has been presented many times. Maybe Proof to you is compelling evidence. Maybe it, as I suspect, what you are willing to accept. If you refuse to listen is is not 'proven'. Therefore there is no proof and therefore no evidence. I don't know, and it doesn't matter anyway.

What matters is which way the evidence points. And I recently saww a presentation that answered a heck of a lot of the Creationist objections and many of the ones posed by Eusebius here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjFgcOId-ZY

While I was watching it, I could hear the Creationist objections.

You may have a sequence, but that is merely micro -evolution. Unless it changes to a different critter and then of course they are a different 'kind'; each Micro -evolving separately.

And you say the 'Cambrian Explosion' was over 25 million years and so cannot be called an 'explosion'? But if it was over one day as per genesis, then 'explosion' is what it was.

Of course two micro -evolved 'kinds coincidentally matching at the end of one and start of the other JUST in the same strata is a coincidence too far, and that the rock dating emerging from the RATE -challenge stronger than when it went in does make the Cambrian 25 million years and not one day. But Creationists like to bat away these points individually and never look at a 'Big Picture'.
Okay, so I am dumb. Thank you for your careful appraisal.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:59 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Okay, so I am dumb. Thank you for your careful appraisal.
Not dumb, just willing to suspend knowledge and judgment to accept what you THINK are God's very own words because you allow that God CAN do anything and make anything work. You refuse to consider whether or not the words you believe are actually from God (you test the Spirit of nothing) or if they are really intended to teach history or just to convey a lesson or principle or whether or not there is any evidence or reason to believe God DID do ANY of the things you think He is capable of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.