Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 11:40 PM

11,025 posts, read 5,991,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
303Guy, just because you can find charts such as above does not prove humans are animals. The Bible differentiates between the two. Remember, on day 6 God created the animals and then as His crowning achievement, He created the human. So there is a difference between animal and human.
OK then. Why don't we take a look at the definition of animal. Just for giggles.

https://www.google.co.nz/?ion=1&espv...l%20definition
Quote:
animal
ˈanɪm(ə)l/Submit
noun

a living organism which feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.
Animal | Definition of Animal by Merriam-Webster
Quote:
Full Definition of animal
: any of a kingdom (Animalia) of living things including many-celled organisms and often many of the single-celled ones (as protozoans) that typically differ from plants in having cells without cellulose walls, in lacking chlorophyll and the capacity for photosynthesis, in requiring more complex food materials (as proteins), in being organized to a greater degree of complexity, and in having the capacity for spontaneous movement and rapid motor responses to stimulation
Let's see, we eat food, we respond rapidly to stimuli, we have specialized sense organs and nervous system ... We are animals!

Would you agree that a mammal is an animal? Mammals meet all of the above criteria. What defines a mammal? Breast milk. Or udder milk, whatever. Milk. Do humans have breasts and produce milk? Of course they do. Humans are therefore mammals and mammals are animals. That makes us animals.

However, thinking about it, if God created us in one day that would explain all the stuff ups. Humans are a stuff up. Humans are made in God's image .....

Ok, humans are not made in God's image. Humans are not made by God. God was made by humans in our own image (complete with all our human faults).

Last edited by 303Guy; 04-25-2016 at 11:57 PM..

Old 04-26-2016, 07:23 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
So they really do believe humans evolved from that chimp at the far left of your cartoons! Thanks for clearing that up!
It is symbolic as much as the Michaelangelo painting. You are not stupid, I know. You just look that way when you look at shorthand illustrations over - literally in order to score some cheap point that just makes you look dumb, not evolution. It is the same stomach upset on your behalf when you make plonking claims about Bible reliability as though it was evidence of anything. It pains me to see you doing this to yourself, old mate.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:33 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
It pains me to see you doing this to yourself, old mate.
Hush now old horse! He's on our side.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Hush now old horse! He's on our side.
He never told me.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:30 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
OK then. Why don't we take a look at the definition of animal. Just for giggles.

https://www.google.co.nz/?ion=1&espv...l%20definition

Animal | Definition of Animal by Merriam-Webster

Let's see, we eat food, we respond rapidly to stimuli, we have specialized sense organs and nervous system ... We are animals!

Would you agree that a mammal is an animal? Mammals meet all of the above criteria. What defines a mammal? Breast milk. Or udder milk, whatever. Milk. Do humans have breasts and produce milk? Of course they do. Humans are therefore mammals and mammals are animals. That makes us animals.

However, thinking about it, if God created us in one day that would explain all the stuff ups. Humans are a stuff up. Humans are made in God's image .....

Ok, humans are not made in God's image. Humans are not made by God. God was made by humans in our own image (complete with all our human faults).
I suggest you define "human" and "animal" by how it is used in the historic accounts in what we call the Bible.

I can agree partly with you concerning humanity not being made "perfect." Adam was created soulish and fleshly, both of which makes it so Adam's flesh is at enmity to God and . . . well I'll let this explain it:
Rom 8:6 For the disposition of the flesh is death, yet the disposition of the spirit is life and peace,
Rom 8:7 because the disposition of the flesh is enmity to God, for it is not subject to the law of God, for neither is it able."
Rom 8:8 Now those who are in flesh are not able to please God.

So God knew well in advance that when He laid down the law in the garden that Adam, being made soulish and flesh would not be able to please God and would not be subject to His law because the flesh is not able.

This is why God put the old humanity to death in the death of Christ and so there will be a new humanity, including you and Mordant, Transponder etc. It will be a spiritual new humanity which is being created in Christ Jesus.

I have said this over and over and over but it never seems to reach you . . . as to being made in His image, God is invisible. He is spirit. His image is that of being subjector. When God told Adam about His image he immediately told Adam to sway over all animal life on this planet.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:34 AM

Quote:
It is symbolic as much as the Michaelangelo painting. You are not stupid, I know. You just look that way when you look at shorthand illustrations over - literally in order to score some cheap point that just makes you look dumb, not evolution. It is the same stomach upset on your behalf when you make plonking claims about Bible reliability as though it was evidence of anything. It pains me to see you doing this to yourself, old mate.
What really makes people look dumb is they actually believe all life on earth evolved from a single-cell and that, without a shred of evidence . . . just say-so.

How did that single-cell come to be in the first place? Again, just the say-so of people saying this or that is how it came to be. Yet their say-so is so illogical that I'm surprised you don't see through it.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I wonder what school you went to so you could learn to be so obtuse.

No one can be born that way.
You were.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
What really makes people look dumb is they actually believe all life on earth evolved from a single-cell and that, without a shred of evidence . . . just say-so.

How did that single-cell come to be in the first place? Again, just the say-so of people saying this or that is how it came to be. Yet their say-so is so illogical that I'm surprised you don't see through it.
Well, this is what makes you look dumb. The evidence - the very simple, obvious evidence - has been presented repeatedly, but you keep claiming there isn't any - simply because you ignore it. It doesn't help that we have repeatedly said that the origins of life is irrelevant to the evidence for evolution and the transitional forms, but even then, there are at least some indicators and hypothetical mechanisms for the origins of life, and all you can do is keep chanting the same denialist mantras. That's sad enough with out the mind -numbing insistence of claiming Bibletext as fact. It's hard to avoid the conclusion that you know it is a waste of posting effort as much as we do, but somehow you feel you are winning something by tweaking our collective noses.

Old 04-26-2016, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Well, this is what makes you look dumb. The evidence - the very simple, obvious evidence - has been presented repeatedly, but you keep claiming there isn't any - simply because you ignore it. It doesn't help that we have repeatedly said that the origins of life is irrelevant to the evidence for evolution and the transitional forms, but even then, there are at least some indicators and hypothetical mechanisms for the origins of life, and all you can do is keep chanting the same denialist mantras. That's sad enough with out the mind -numbing insistence of claiming Bibletext as fact. It's hard to avoid the conclusion that you know it is a waste of posting effort as much as we do, but somehow you feel you are winning something by tweaking our collective noses.
I don't look dumb. I look rather sophisticated.

Your "evidence" is based on say-so. There is no actual PROOF all life on earth came from a single celled organism. No, none. Yet they say it is so based on their say-so and you swallowed the bait!

You say "the origins of life is irrelevant for evolution" but that is incorrect. It is relevant. Just because you say it isn't does not prove it isn't relevant. If it isn't relevant, why do scientists search for the origins of life? They state all life began on earth from the single cell and yet they have no verifiable proof. It is just their say-so. They have to say what they say because they just can't bring themselves to bring God into the picture. Anything but God! Even if it sounds stupendously stupid!

Old 04-26-2016, 09:17 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
He never told me.
His posts should tell you. Edgar Alan is our greatest ally here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality