Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 08:26 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ignorance.
And fear.

Fundamentalists fear truth. It upsets their fairytale worldview.

Old 05-03-2016, 08:30 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,977,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora
Why are people who don't know anything at all about Evolution the ones to tout the dumbest things about it?
I thought of you and Rafius and Transponder when I read the above post by you. Yes, why do you folks, who know nothing at all about Evolution tout the dumbest things about it?

Old 05-03-2016, 08:49 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Who says a Creator had to create the Creator?
Then what is there that says that the concept of a multi-verse is not real (science certainly has evidence it is, although not enough to call it a theory). As such why would it not be a constant spawning of new universes, which collapse and start the process all over again. After all, we know about black holes, and how dense the material in them are. Is that the eventual situation with our universe?

Maybe. I don't know enough about astrophysics to claim it to be so, but those that do, certainly are becoming more and more convinced it is the right direction. Stephen Hawkings and Neil DeGrasse Tyson are two scientists who subscribe to the concept, and I certainly defer to their understanding of the subject matter.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:06 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ignorance.
Pure and utter self-delusional ignorance. I can't imagine willfully choosing that path to walk.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:07 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,265,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I thought of you and Rafius and Transponder when I read the above post by you. Yes, why do you folks, who know nothing at all about Evolution tout the dumbest things about it?
Says the most scientifically ignorant poster on this forum. Says the one who knows as much about Evolution as a newborn knows about Rocket Science.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Then what is there that says that the concept of a multi-verse is not real (science certainly has evidence it is, although not enough to call it a theory). As such why would it not be a constant spawning of new universes, which collapse and start the process all over again. After all, we know about black holes, and how dense the material in them are. Is that the eventual situation with our universe?

Maybe. I don't know enough about astrophysics to claim it to be so, but those that do, certainly are becoming more and more convinced it is the right direction. Stephen Hawkings and Neil DeGrasse Tyson are two scientists who subscribe to the concept, and I certainly defer to their understanding of the subject matter.
It could be the entire universe is destined for a complete collapse to its original starting point. This theory aligns itself quite well with the Bible which knew about it thousands of years before the scientists did:

Rom 11:36 seeing that out of Him and through Him and into Him is all"

All that came out of God will eventually go back to Him. That is nice to know seeing that one day you too will be with God.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Pure and utter self-delusional ignorance. I can't imagine willfully choosing that path to walk.
So why do you?

Old 05-03-2016, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Says the most scientifically ignorant poster on this forum. Says the one who knows as much about Evolution as a newborn knows about Rocket Science.
Thank you! I always appreciate your well thought-out responses.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:22 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And fear.

Fundamentalists fear truth. It upsets their fairytale worldview.
Fundys do, yes. That's why they are so rabid about things. But, one need not be religious to be a Fundy. The latter are just folks who are locked into a dogma, a d refuse rebuke all discourse. They have been the cause of war (an acronym for We Are Right) since man developed the power to be dogmatic. Nothing brings about conflict quicker than refusal to discuss and lofty "rightness".

I've met as many fundys for science as I have that stand on Faith. Me, I'm sorta in the middle. I believe both have things to offer, that are quite valuable to us in our search for our origins. Sbod one not be content to just enjoy life without questioning why we have it. I'm pretty content to enjoy being alive, and feel life from the woman next to me, who is my life. One of the biggest things I'm thankful for, regardless of how it came to be. Not looking a gift horse in the mouth is something I learned early in life.

I'm a Christian, and have aquainte ces who are atheists. ( I only have two true friends) . We don't argue, but sometimes we discuss. This can be done , civil. Tecumsah said, "trouble no man about their religion, and demand they respect yours. ". Words to live by. Its just bad form to hold someone in contempt, based merely on personal beliefs. Even my lady, who I love more than life, and I don't share ALL personal belief , in common. But we don't, and never have, argued about that. Father, we listen, and respect. Learn from each other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality