Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 02:26 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Says who? I'm not aware of any meeting of the atheists to determine that. When was that voted on and agreed upon?

Why do you make assumptions that YOUR opinion represents everyone else?
It's been some time since you've gone all presuppostional on us, with the appeal to a higher authority.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:28 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with a poster being obsessed with attacking Christianity on a regular basis?
It had to do with your claims of being a " live and let live" kind of guy. So, yes regarding live and let live on the topics I gave, or just live and let live when you want people to leave you alone ?

Quote:
I'm sorry. I don't see that as the case on this forum.

Oppressors never see themselves as such . I've watched and read religious folk talk negatively about depression and suicide among gays and atheists, without the slightest clue that much of the issue in each is due directly to the mistreatment and ostracizing of each by the predominate Christian culture of America , including often their own close family and friends .

Historically mistreated people react negatively towards their historic oppressors when the shackles loosen and they get semi equal rights . It's just a fact of life . What religious folks reap today from atheists and homosexuals is a direct result of the hatred and mistreatment they have sown for generations when they had the power but did not have the emotional maturity to act responsibly and humanely with that power .

Old 04-23-2016, 02:30 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
It had to do with your claims of being a " live and let live" kind of guy. So, yes regarding live and let live on the topics I gave, or just live and let live when you want people to leave you alone ?

I rarely make posts addressing those issues. Certainly not 2-3 a day.
Quote:

Oppressors never see themselves as such . I've watched and read religious folk talk negatively about depression and suicide among gays and atheists, without the slightest clue that much of the issue in each is due directly to the mistreatment and ostracizing of each by the predominate Christian culture of America , including often their own close family and friends .

Historically mistreated people react negatively towards their historic oppressors when the shackles loosen and they get semi equal rights . It's just a fact of life . What religious folks reap today from atheists and homosexuals is a direct result of the hatred and mistreatment they have sown for generations when they had the power but did not have the emotional maturity to act responsibly and humanely with that power .
It's amazing how you fail to see the irony of your statements.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Says who? I'm not aware of any meeting of the atheists to determine that. When was that voted on and agreed upon?

Why do you make assumptions that YOUR opinion represents everyone else?

I don't make that assumption. I make that judgement from years or discussing and reading with and on atheism .

Try entering the atheist forum here or anywhere else and Gavin an honest discussion with them without judgement . You'll find they are often superior morally to the religious because their morals come not from outside rules imposed upon them by their religion, but from inside based on treating others as they would be treated . Try this sometime . I dare you .

Old 04-23-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
I rarely make posts addressing those issues. Certainly not 2-3 a day.

My question didn't relate to posting on CD . Try again please .

Quote:

It's amazing how you fail to see the irony of your statements.

Point it out instead of making drive by statements. My statements stand as given. I challenge you to rebut them with something specific .

Old 04-23-2016, 02:40 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Says a guy who bases his "morality" on what he thinks is right. And thinks others should do the same....
This guy thinks it is morally wrong to murder all the first borns. Wrong to call someone to sacrifice his son on an alter, wrong to murder someone for adultery, wrong to put the tree of knowledge in the Garden of Eden then go tell Adam it's there. What I'm saying is I think the 'morality in the OT is wrong. Are you in disagreement? Or do you think I should discard my moral judgement in favor of the murderous teachings of the OT?

I think it morally wrong to cheat on one's wife, to abuse children, to sleep with children (your own or other peoples), to steal, to murder, to rape, to lie and so on. Are my morals wrong? Is that what you are saying?

The bible tells us to kill. It tells us it's OK to beat our slaves (as long as they don't die from it within three days). It teaches that we can have children with our maid servants (slave girls). It tells us we can have slaves. Are those the morals I should be adopting?

Old 04-23-2016, 02:41 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
This guy thinks it is morally wrong to murder all the first borns.
Good for you. So what? Who defined that as wrong for all people to do?

Old 04-23-2016, 02:48 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
No such term recognized as "pre-human".

Himinin is the term.

Hominin – the group consisting of modern humans, extinct human species and all our immediate ancestors (including members of the genera Homo, Australopithecus, Paranthropus and Ardipithecus).

Don't confuse this with Hominid - the group consisting of all modern and extinct Great Apes (that is, modern humans, chimpanzees, gorillas and orangutans plus all their immediate ancestors).

Old 04-23-2016, 02:50 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Quote:
Good for you. So what? Who defined that as wrong for all people to do?
You've seen this before, but need occasional reminding:

Old 04-23-2016, 02:58 PM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Good for you. Who defined that as wrong for all people to do?
So when you discover my moral base is better than the one you claim to be God given you say, "So what?" and "Who defined that as wrong for all people to do?" I'm not sure what to make of that last question. I do notice that you didn't answer my question. Are my morals wrong and should I instead adopt the biblical 'morals'? The ones that allow me to have a maidservant to sleep with and to beat her half to death for displeasing me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.