Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 03:16 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So when you discover my moral base is better than the one you claim to be God given you say, "So what?" and "Who defined that as wrong for all people to do?" I'm not sure what to make of that last question. I do notice that you didn't answer my question. Are my morals wrong and should I instead adopt the biblical 'morals'? The ones that allow me to have a maidservant to sleep with and to beat her half to death for displeasing me?
Or the slaves you can keep and beat to death, as long as they die after 3 days.

Old 04-23-2016, 03:29 PM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Can you imagine, you die, your idea of god and heaven is real, and then:
Gosh, from the looks of that it appears we should consider being 'apetheists'

Old 04-23-2016, 03:45 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Gosh, from the looks of that it appears we should consider being 'apetheists'
Now that idea might catch on!

Old 04-23-2016, 09:02 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Good for you. So what? Who defined that as wrong for all people to do?
Well, you tell us. If you think it is wrong, why do you think so?

Old 04-23-2016, 09:19 PM

27,576 posts, read 28,680,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
They deep down inside think we came from a monkey or chimp. But I'm sure now you called him on it he will say "No! I don't believe that!" And if he says that then ask: "Why then did you post a cartoon of a monkey as mankind's creator if you don't believe that?"
Humans ARE apes.

It's just that we don't like to call ourselves that.

Old 04-23-2016, 10:52 PM

11,025 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Humans ARE apes.

He's challenging my pedigree!

Old 04-24-2016, 06:42 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Humans ARE apes.

Eusebius has heard -and argued - enough about "Lucy" to understand the point - if he wanted to understand. The only thing I wonder is whether he really doesn't understand (which is hard to believe) or is pretending not to. I saw this some time ago on an evolution -thread on Christianity where the 'dogs from cats' misunderstanding was clearly debunked and two Creationists simply ran away (1) but Eusebius battled on. He posted a video of someone purporting to be a scientist saying that evolution says dogs came from cats. And when I showed that this wasn't what evolution says, he claimed it was a conspiracy by scientists to conceal that evolution says that dogs come from cats ..because they know it doesn't work, and pretend that it claims change through natural selection, which does.

It is the way of thinking and why that fascinates me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6MkESn1v1w

not so much the debate itself, though nobody can beat (2) Eusebius....as a way of debunking Creationism. The pushing away and ignoring of anything that debunks Faith in his own rightness.

I don't mind being proved wrong, though I may be annoyed at having got it wrong - because that's the way to get to a better picture of the way things really are. I would truly hate to have to live in a mental world where facts were sorted and accepted, altered or rejected to fit in with a preconceived conviction.
Cue projection -accusation "That is what Darwinist -evilooshunists do!"

(1) or rather, one did at least claiming that I couldn't answer his question (when I had) so he scarpered squealing that he had won. It was a fascinating insight into fiddling any sort of pretext for claiming a win.
The other I can't quite recall, but I think just refused to listen and denied everything.

(2) I recall he said in the early days: "Nobody can beat me" and in a video talk he gave (wish I could find it again) he said (as I recall) "I know everything" or something like that. It is a fascinating insight into his mindset, and a fascinating indication of the change in Tos as a post like this would have head me plastered with infringements and banned in the old days.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-24-2016 at 07:39 AM..

Old 04-24-2016, 07:46 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
I don't make a habit of posting religious messages attacking atheists on the atheist forum. I'm pretty much willing to live and let live.
Quote:
What does that have to do with a poster being obsessed with attacking Christianity on a regular basis?

I'm sorry. I don't see that as the case on this forum.
Why don't you answer his question. Just where do you draw the line on 'live and let live'?

Old 04-24-2016, 08:37 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
Back when I was a Christian, I believed in evolution. Most Christians I know also did. I don't see why it's so hard for some to reconcile faith and reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
What does that lit dynamite behind the chair is suppose to mean?
I think it's a visual pun, probably meant to imply this is going to blow up into a controversy.

Old 04-24-2016, 10:47 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,823,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Yea, the truth finally comes out. They deep down inside think we came from a monkey or chimp. But I'm sure now you called him on it he will say "No! I don't believe that!" And if he says that then ask: "Why then did you post a cartoon of a monkey as mankind's creator if you don't believe that?"
No, they do not think that. It is you that thinks they think that. And you would be wrong, That is why I went through that whole explanation that this is analogous to you saying that you descended from your cousin. And AIG says not to try that argument anymore because the premise is as wrong as saying that you descended from your cousin. That's the point that keeps flying over your head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality