Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2016, 12:51 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
So that is the difference between Neil and yourself. He does not extrapolate anything from our ignorance
Neil is my Superman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by monumentus View Post
Annnnnnnd straight back to the personal attacks on anyone who does not simply fall over and accept you nonsense. Real "agape love" stuff in practice there huh?
This is why I offered up a bit of advice for him to make time for self-reflection and introspection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2016, 12:54 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Yes...I understand your delusion old beast. Just label ANYTHING as 'god' and then claim that it's proof that god exists. As I said....please don't operate heavy machinery with that sort of logic.
Not "label"..."title".

Old 05-18-2016, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
WHEEEEEE lets get the god party started WHOOP WHOOP!

Cheers!
Yes Matie you are also God(dess).

Old 05-18-2016, 01:06 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Not "label"..."title".
It's the same thing old horse.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:06 AM

11,027 posts, read 5,991,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Neil is my Superman!
Yup. Mine too! He's a great guy.

Old 05-18-2016, 01:21 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Yup. Mine too! He's a great guy.
Got to be a Superman to survive! I wish I could fly like Superman!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWGOtxSNhEs

Old 05-18-2016, 01:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's the same thing old horse.
That you say that is indicative you are not hip to the difference ol' plug!
Please keep watch for the guys from the glue factory...they're comin' to getcha!

Old 05-18-2016, 03:16 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,377,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
And I might ad that there is NOTHING WRONG WITH CHOOSING NOT TO BELIEVE!
I am sure they will be over joyed to have your permission/endorsement. But I have to admit that in all my experiences with atheists.... which is larger than most given my work with Atheist Ireland, Atheist Alliance International, and now the Atheist organisations here in Germany where I now live........... I have yet to meet a single one who "chose" not to believe.

The issue, since this is a thread about Evidence, is that there is none. Evidence that is. There simply is no arguments, evidence, data or reasoning on offer by anyone, certainly not by you, that there is a god. Therefore the atheists lack of belief is not a "choice". They are simply UNABLE to believe the unsubstantiated.

And when evidence IS provided for a proposition, they do not CHOOSE to believe the proposition.... they are compelled to by the evidence.

So if YOU go around "choosing" to believe things then so be it. But do not assume other people are. You simply have an ability people like me lack. I am not ABLE to choose what to believe or not. I am either compelled to believe by the substantiation, or I am not. And I am certainly not by a lack of any and all substantiation, such as in the case of the claim there is an intentional intelligent agency you might call a god.

One wonders just how labile your credulity is with this ability you have to simply choose what to believe. Can you, for example, when presented with a patently empty box..... simply choose to believe it full of money? It is a remarkable skill, though given the nonsense it has the religious espousing at times I am not sure I envy you it.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozzferrahhtoo View Post
I am sure they will be over joyed to have your permission/endorsement. But I have to admit that in all my experiences with atheists.... which is larger than most given my work with Atheist Ireland, Atheist Alliance International, and now the Atheist organisations here in Germany where I now live........... I have yet to meet a single one who "chose" not to believe.

The issue, since this is a thread about Evidence, is that there is none. Evidence that is. There simply is no arguments, evidence, data or reasoning on offer by anyone, certainly not by you, that there is a god. Therefore the atheists lack of belief is not a "choice". They are simply UNABLE to believe the unsubstantiated.

And when evidence IS provided for a proposition, they do not CHOOSE to believe the proposition.... they are compelled to by the evidence.

So if YOU go around "choosing" to believe things then so be it. But do not assume other people are. You simply have an ability people like me lack. I am not ABLE to choose what to believe or not. I am either compelled to believe by the substantiation, or I am not. And I am certainly not by a lack of any and all substantiation, such as in the case of the claim there is an intentional intelligent agency you might call a god.

One wonders just how labile your credulity is with this ability you have to simply choose what to believe. Can you, for example, when presented with a patently empty box..... simply choose to believe it full of money? It is a remarkable skill, though given the nonsense it has the religious espousing at times I am not sure I envy you it.
The real deal is: Many Atheists take a "No Evidence Whatsoever" premise...and CHOOSE to make particular determinations, draw conclusions, and adopt certain positions based upon that "No Evidence Whatsoever".
They could CHOOSE to make a different derermination, draw the opposite conclusion, and adopt another position...especially based on the incredibly vast amount of indirect and anecdotal evidentiary support it has...But, for whatever reason, CHOOSE not to.
They CHOOSE to make the illogical "Argument From Ignorance"...and use "No Evidence", as evidence.
Of course...this only applies to Religious Deity Gods. There is fully objective evidence to substantiate the known Non Religious Deity definitions of "G-O-D"...but the Atheists CHOOSE to cherry-pick and ignore those other known definitions of "G-O-D". Most often, to prevent "Godophobia" flare-ups.

Old 05-18-2016, 06:29 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,377,197 times
I was not talking about people who choose what to do with the conclusions. I was talking about people who can choose to believe things. Of which I am not one. So I will not be following you down one of your usual unrelated rabbit holes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality