Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 08:36 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How come the fundamentalists aren't on this thread saying fortune telling is from the devil?
They're too darn busy telling me what a horrible person I am for exposing their lack of conscience, compassion and responsibility.

My Big Baba, my maternal great-grandmother, would read my cards and tea leaves regularly while stuffing me with perogies or home-made fries cooked in a great big cast iron frying pan.

I loved that woman more than just about anyone. And she loved me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2016, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Wait what?

Please allow me to introduce myself...............
One of the greatest songs of all time.

I wonder if Christian fundamentalists turn it off when it comes on the radio?

<considers a new thread somewhere>

Old 06-16-2016, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The offer of fortune telling seems to attract the skeptics like flies. Maybe Hannibal should request a rep for each fortune told.
I'm quite certain Hannibal wouldn't do this if he didn't think he could deliver a true-seeing - at least as he perceives it.

Old 06-16-2016, 08:53 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
No, really? I thought he was spoofing...

Old 06-16-2016, 08:58 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

My Big Baba, my maternal great-grandmother, would read my cards and tea leaves regularly while stuffing me with perogies or home-made fries cooked in a great big cast iron frying pan.
My babushka stuffed us with perogies while telling stories about all the nutty relatives. Then she'd say, "Take a walk. You can't digest perogies sitting down."

She didn't read cards...she counted them.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:49 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How come the fundamentalists aren't on this thread saying fortune telling is from the devil?
you just did

Old 06-16-2016, 10:34 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
okay, Hannibal. This is interesting and fun.

light blue
pizza
Cary Grant
October
Blue
Fresh Coffee Grounds

Old 06-17-2016, 01:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You are an extremely proud man and there could not be enough family for you.
No old thing. Family mean nothing to me and I have seen my family for...Oh... 30 odd years.

Quote:
People envy you because of your freedom to do whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it come what may.
Spot on!

Quote:
You are a man's man and you wont put up with any kind of foolishness.
You are correct. I don't suffer fools gladly. Man's man?? I'm a bit of a wimp actually!

Quote:
Many people will laugh at things while you will see the serious side and wonder why all those clowns were laughing...
Yep.

Quote:
Your life has not turned out exactly how you thought it would and this is an irritant to you that you don't feel the need to share with anyone because they wouldn't understand anyway.
Can't give you that one fella. My life has been wonderful.

Quote:
There is a great turmoil brewing within you....
Yep!

Quote:
Within you is a heart of a poet.....
Sort of. I'm a musician

Quote:
...and the spirit of a warrior and it seems that you were born in the wrong era because you would have rather been the warrior...
Ooooo no!
Quote:
...and you will find peace in the backseat of a car one evening when you least expect it,...
Now you have me interested!

Quote:
...you will remember something from your past and it will cause you to write a song, and from this one event, your name will go down in history because it will be a song that lightens the hearts of many.
I haven't got much time left for that!

Quote:
I am going to prescribe that you listen to this song everyday, and for God sakes, dance.
THE BEE GEES!!! Oh no! I'm a rocker! Winery Dogs are more my style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa5I-9uVAWE

...and I dance ALL NIGHT!

Old 06-17-2016, 02:37 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post

THE BEE GEES!!! Oh no! I'm a rocker! Winery Dogs are more my style.
[/youtube]

Yeah, it's not a science lol.

But take your medicine and after some Bee Gee's and disco moves, you will get in the groove.

Here is another dose to help you get in the groove and we want to see you strut. I want you to play this and make a film of you struttin groovy disco with some attitude, change your life.

https://youtu.be/XfwQ_7xqO7Y

Old 06-17-2016, 01:44 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I don't know what difference it makes. I was serious, but I will humor you.

Blue
Cheeseburger
Pacino
April
Blue
Smell of clothes dried outside on a clothes line.

Still don't get much, and this is most likely because you are a free agent but this is good as it can get without seeing a face or how you walk. You can tell everything about a person just by how he walks.

Don't ask what a free agent is.

I will give it a shot.

I think that when you were in school, there was two kinds of people, cool people, and everyone else and you were amongst the cool. I think you are seriously carefree and you would be a lot of fun to hang out with. I told you to think back when you were 17 because I think you had a lot of hope and expectation when you were young but I saw suffering, and by God don't let it be true. I think you are in your 50's and you have finally overcome what had happened to you as a child and this took 20 years.

One thing I do see in your future is suffering, great suffering, the anguish, the gnashing of teeth and hitting your head upon a wall with a door that has no key. You will come to the aid of somebody that you do not even know and you will show great courage, but Lo and behold, an accident will take place and you will be rewarded evil for the good intents of your heart.

The thunderbird will come and eat up the sky and the Siskins will sing their new song and then you will be free, but until then, WOE IS YOU AND WOE TO THOSE WHO WILL BETRAYED YOU!

A man of sorrow you are amongst 10,000 who pisseth against a wall.

But from the ashes of your sorrows you will find a glorious end with the mighty and your name will be written in a book of the acts of men.

https://youtu.be/fJ9rUzIMcZQ

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-17-2016 at 02:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality