Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 05:02 PM

611 posts, read 281,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
1Cor 1:10 is clear-- a single religion was started--no division. Not a single trinity religion teaches what Jesus taught.
Jesus was 100% clear--He taught--John 17:3--the one who sent him is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- The Father sent Jesus( John 5:30)--they refuse to believe Jesus, proving they are wrong. Every time they teach a trinity they are calling Jesus a liar. Paul agreed with Jesus-1Cor 8:6--There is one God to all-The Father.
The teachings of Jesus prove it all.
The view of trinity doesn't make sense to me either. But when we know God, Jesus is with him, and that spirit of truth is also with him. And they are one. The spirit of truth will reveal the true Jesus, Jesus will reveal the one and true God. And we shall dwell before their presence.

For the spirit of truth will be found here: "Surely these are my people, a children that will not lie; So he was their Savior." The holy ghost is the spirit of truth.

Well, that's what I make of it.

Old 07-13-2016, 05:55 PM

Quote:
1Cor 1:10 is clear-- a single religion was started--no division.
What makes you call it a religion? I'd say come out of all religions. The word of God is pointing to a way of life, the truth. And truth has no religion.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:09 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
The view of trinity doesn't make sense to me either. But when we know God, Jesus is with him, and that spirit of truth is also with him. And they are one. The spirit of truth will reveal the true Jesus, Jesus will reveal the one and true God. And we shall dwell before their presence.

For the spirit of truth will be found here: "Surely these are my people, a children that will not lie; So he was their Savior." The holy ghost is the spirit of truth.

Well, that's what I make of it.

The HS isn't even a living being--it is Gods active force--It receives--no honor, glory, worship. It doesn't even have a personal name.
Jesus already revealed the true God= his Father.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
What makes you call it a religion? I'd say come out of all religions. The word of God is pointing to a way of life, the truth. And truth has no religion.

Actually here in these last days--in revelation--we find Jesus speaking to 7 different congregations( Rev 2)--of a single religion--yes they all have problems.
Jesus trained his teachers( apostles) personally, they in turn trained other teachers-- All in a single religion. 1Cor 1:10 is clear-- no division--a single religion has Jesus. He is ahead of the congregation in that religion Ephesians 5:23)

Old 07-14-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Another thing Jesus is doing, is trying to draw us to the Father. I believe you know Jesus and his teachings. But do you know the Father of the O.T. They are one spirit. When I found the Father saying the same things as Christ, I was beginning to know the Father. And all, or almost all, of Christ's teachings are found in the O.T. That's how you come to know the Father and the imposter, "And God sent them to make war and kill everybody in Canaan, young, old, babies, everything that has the breath of life, kill it too. Dogs, cats, horses...don't let anything live and steal their land, houses, everything they have." What does Jesus say about that? I think that was men fulfilling the desires of their own hearts and the serpent in that tree of knowledge of their own minds telling them "I am God."

That's how I come to know the Father. But now that you know Jesus and his teachings, will you kill a witch? A homosexual? Not me! And if I did, I certainly know the Lord did not desire me to do that. How about eating pork?

"And God Blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth. And the fear of you, and the dread of you, shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. "EVERY MOVING THING THAT LIVETH SHALL BE MEAT FOR YOU; even as the green herb..." which he gave for us to eat in the beginning. But after the Flood, God allowed us to eat every living thing that moves. But for the blood. God didn't tell Abel to sacrifice a lamb and eat it, Abel was doing that because he had a hungry belly. And God had respect for that. And after the flood if that snake can move, you can eat it. Of course God didn't say it would be better for you to do that. If you want to eat a skunk eat it if you can stomach it, I don't want any...but probably be better that that GMO stuff we are consuming here in Monsanto Land today.

We just have to learn to use our discernment, but no matter what the O.T. say's, God didn't and doesn't command us to kill and eat animals. Didn't you read there was an imposter running around claiming he was God? Have empathy and have mercy. We just do the best we can.

The Father= YHWH(Jehovah) ---the son = Jesus--2 separate beings.

We are no longer under Mosaic Laws--Jesus brought a new covenant = LOVE.

In the ot--When the Israelites stood strong, they were the only ones on earth serving the true living God--all else were wicked to God--death in this system is a temporary state of being. There will be a resurrection. The real life is in Gods kingdom.

If we lived in a place that ate bugs, worms, etc from our youth on up--it would be normal food to us.

Old 07-14-2016, 01:15 PM

19,997 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
1Cor 1:10 is clear-- a single religion was started--no division. Not a single trinity religion teaches what Jesus taught.
Jesus was 100% clear--He taught--John 17:3--the one who sent him is THE ONLY TRUE GOD-- The Father sent Jesus( John 5:30)--they refuse to believe Jesus, proving they are wrong. Every time they teach a trinity they are calling Jesus a liar. Paul agreed with Jesus-1Cor 8:6--There is one God to all-The Father.
The teachings of Jesus prove it all.
I am really not debating trinitarianism, which I agree is a fourth century development and therefore not an original feature of Christianity, and makes far less sense than, say, modalism or unitarian theology. I have no dog in that particular hunt anymore. My point is that people make very compelling cases for all sorts of conflicting things from the scriptures. That's because the scriptures are objectively vague. They're always crystal clear to anyone holding a particular view ... as they are to you ... and equally crystal clear to those holding other views. Funny how that works.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I am really not debating trinitarianism, which I agree is a fourth century development and therefore not an original feature of Christianity, and makes far less sense than, say, modalism or unitarian theology. I have no dog in that particular hunt anymore. My point is that people make very compelling cases for all sorts of conflicting things from the scriptures. That's because the scriptures are objectively vague. They're always crystal clear to anyone holding a particular view ... as they are to you ... and equally crystal clear to those holding other views. Funny how that works.

I agree-- The bible is vague on many matters. It kept satan in spiritual darkness, so that he couldn't twist it all into oblivion like he tried through the trinity based religions. Even Gods own angels didn't understand much of it( 1Pet 1:12)--until these last days and truth has become abundant( Dan 12:4)--

They may seem crystal clear to others, but the teachings of Jesus prove who is who.
That is why at Jesus baptism, God spoke from heaven( utterly important) and said--- This is my son the beloved in whom I am well pleased--LISTEN TO HIM.

His teachings have been preserved in every translation-- His teachings are not taught in trinity based churches--they expose them as false.

proof--every trinity based religion teaches--heaven or hell as ones end-- Jesus taught--Matt 5:5-- Blessed are the meek for they will inherit the EARTH. that's the new earth--where Paradise will be in Gods kingdom--not a new planet, but a new system of things--Gods kingdom ruling forever, no other mortal rulers ever( Dan 2:44) no more satan influences.

Old 07-16-2016, 06:53 AM

Quote:
The HS isn't even a living being--it is Gods active force--It receives--no honor, glory, worship. It doesn't even have a personal name.
Jesus already revealed the true God= his Father.
I guess I'm gonna have to go with that you, you, you word. And I do mean *You, every one of you.

The Holy ghost is The spirit of Truth. And that is exactly what it is, a spirit. And it is just alive or dead in you as the spirit of Jesus or any lying spirit of deception and wars. And you are the being that must decide what spirits you allow to dwell with you. And if you see no honor in speaking the truth, you have no love of the truth. And without this, you may know the teachings of Christ, but you do not perform them. Jesus revealed the Father to you, but that does not mean you pursued the Father and spent time with the words of the Father to really understand Jesus, and his father and his teachings, which my same father still rests and speaks the same teachings from the beginning as found in the O.T.

Any new covenant = Love is the same old covenant that = the same Love. You just can't find it in the Father because of the multitude of lies surrounding him honoring him with their lying lips but keeping their hearts and deeds far from him as they lust after things and lie, steal, and murder in the name of God while breaking every commandment or suggestion that might stand in their path. They refused to do the one thing he asks of them, which is the same thing Christ asks of you, creating and following whatever religion might more fully justify themselves and their evil deeds instead. God gave that "Strong Israel" you refer to over to the reprobate of their own heart, the commandments were too much of a burden upon the wicked desires of their hearts. And they did not let the spirit of Christ stand in their way either. And looks like that spirit of truth is just a stumbling block before them also. Them = Us.

So, if you don't understand this much, what use of me going on any further have?

And so you might understand, God was displeased when *You made a decision to follow after the ways of the kings so that they could go make war for you. Isn't that how you put it?

Even an atheist isn't enough of a fool to try and justify all the wicked deeds Israel performed before God just had to let them sow until the harvest comes home.

Before Jacob would share any of his food with his very hungry brother, he demanded payment. And since his brother had no money he demanded his birthright. And the "World" thinks of foolish Esau and sing cheers of justification for Jacob. But woe, woe, woe! Here comes the spirit of God again upon the son of man called Jesus turning the world right side up and all the kingdoms of Cain and all the religions of Abel upside down.

Sin is sin, you need to learn to recognize what it is before you can teach the Father and Jesus together.

What must I do to avoid sin? What must I do? "It is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say: "Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?" Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say: "Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?"

And most esteemed and most assured and foremost, God is reminding them about the commandments he spoke with his own voice before the people on mount Horeb that he had written upon stone with his own finger according to this story to make a point.

"But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it."

And any Love Christ brought forth was the same Love he found in his Father, his teacher. And they ask ed him: "What must we do to inherit this kingdom of God?"

And this same Love brought forth a new Love for you: "Keep the commandments?" You mean actually do them? That's really sick stuff, nobody can do that! You would have to be a fool, people would eat you alive..haha! I spit upon you and that worm you call Jesus!

Well whoever heard of such a thing? That man said to look both ways before crossing a road, you might as well go make that into another religion also because just doing it is way to hard?

So you know how pitiful I am, and now I guess you can remember me as some ranting fool not making any sense at all also. Are you deaf? Truth has no religion. I would have thought that meant something. What are you looking for? Truth or some religion?

Why would I even bother to post this stuff, it only hurts to do it. I guess it is only that small hope that someone somewhere will hear it and understand it. And seems that hope has only the slightest of a glimmer that flickers on and off. But no! This is not madness. Look at the world today, the path that it came from, the reality of it all, and the path it is maintaining onto the end, that is madness. And hear me, the candlestick of the bridegroom is about to go out in Babylon. The seven final curses are waiting in the wings, you possess the number of the beast SSS# = 666# for the buying and selling of merchandise, and Satan, that serpent from the beginning, is now cast back down to earth where God left him in the first place: On earth with men. And no place in heaven was found for him evermore. You should have known better!

and blab blab blob blob is all these words mean...just some silly story.

<gone-this week is finished>

Old 07-16-2016, 09:37 AM

261 posts, read 156,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepy View Post
don't be stupid like foolish children with no understanding that they will be punished. pay attention, change your ways and start living right. you do these things that the lord hates and you refuse to listen though he has been speaking to you. he told you to live as he commanded so that things would go well for you. but you do what your evil heart tell you and you have become rotten and worthless. you say, i can't turn back, i have loved my own ways and i will go on; but you will be disgraced. come back to the lord, he is merciful. understand that it is a terrible evil to turn away from the lord, a bitter mistake to reject him. you should decide to obey him and give yourself to his service. the lord still hope you may come back to him, he wants you to call him father. make promises in his name and do what you promise then he will bless you. but if you are stubborn and keep on sinning, his anger will burn like fire that cannot be put out. there is still time for you to be saved, wash the evil from your heart. why can't you understand that you should worship the lord with fear and trembling, why don't you listen when he speaks to you? and you like it this way. but on the day of disaster where will you turn for help? you should be ashamed of your disgusting sins but you don't even blush so the lord will punish you.
You very sad little person. You can't even write properly!

Old 07-16-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I guess I'm gonna have to go with that you, you, you word. And I do mean *You, every one of you.

The Holy ghost is The spirit of Truth. And that is exactly what it is, a spirit. And it is just alive or dead in you as the spirit of Jesus or any lying spirit of deception and wars. And you are the being that must decide what spirits you allow to dwell with you. And if you see no honor in speaking the truth, you have no love of the truth. And without this, you may know the teachings of Christ, but you do not perform them. Jesus revealed the Father to you, but that does not mean you pursued the Father and spent time with the words of the Father to really understand Jesus, and his father and his teachings, which my same father still rests and speaks the same teachings from the beginning as found in the O.T.

Any new covenant = Love is the same old covenant that = the same Love. You just can't find it in the Father because of the multitude of lies surrounding him honoring him with their lying lips but keeping their hearts and deeds far from him as they lust after things and lie, steal, and murder in the name of God while breaking every commandment or suggestion that might stand in their path. They refused to do the one thing he asks of them, which is the same thing Christ asks of you, creating and following whatever religion might more fully justify themselves and their evil deeds instead. God gave that "Strong Israel" you refer to over to the reprobate of their own heart, the commandments were too much of a burden upon the wicked desires of their hearts. And they did not let the spirit of Christ stand in their way either. And looks like that spirit of truth is just a stumbling block before them also. Them = Us.

So, if you don't understand this much, what use of me going on any further have?

And so you might understand, God was displeased when *You made a decision to follow after the ways of the kings so that they could go make war for you. Isn't that how you put it?

Even an atheist isn't enough of a fool to try and justify all the wicked deeds Israel performed before God just had to let them sow until the harvest comes home.

Before Jacob would share any of his food with his very hungry brother, he demanded payment. And since his brother had no money he demanded his birthright. And the "World" thinks of foolish Esau and sing cheers of justification for Jacob. But woe, woe, woe! Here comes the spirit of God again upon the son of man called Jesus turning the world right side up and all the kingdoms of Cain and all the religions of Abel upside down.

Sin is sin, you need to learn to recognize what it is before you can teach the Father and Jesus together.

What must I do to avoid sin? What must I do? "It is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off. It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say: "Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?" Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say: "Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?"

And most esteemed and most assured and foremost, God is reminding them about the commandments he spoke with his own voice before the people on mount Horeb that he had written upon stone with his own finger according to this story to make a point.

"But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it."

And any Love Christ brought forth was the same Love he found in his Father, his teacher. And they ask ed him: "What must we do to inherit this kingdom of God?"

And this same Love brought forth a new Love for you: "Keep the commandments?" You mean actually do them? That's really sick stuff, nobody can do that! You would have to be a fool, people would eat you alive..haha! I spit upon you and that worm you call Jesus!

Well whoever heard of such a thing? That man said to look both ways before crossing a road, you might as well go make that into another religion also because just doing it is way to hard?

So you know how pitiful I am, and now I guess you can remember me as some ranting fool not making any sense at all also. Are you deaf? Truth has no religion. I would have thought that meant something. What are you looking for? Truth or some religion?

Why would I even bother to post this stuff, it only hurts to do it. I guess it is only that small hope that someone somewhere will hear it and understand it. And seems that hope has only the slightest of a glimmer that flickers on and off. But no! This is not madness. Look at the world today, the path that it came from, the reality of it all, and the path it is maintaining onto the end, that is madness. And hear me, the candlestick of the bridegroom is about to go out in Babylon. The seven final curses are waiting in the wings, you possess the number of the beast SSS# = 666# for the buying and selling of merchandise, and Satan, that serpent from the beginning, is now cast back down to earth where God left him in the first place: On earth with men. And no place in heaven was found for him evermore. You should have known better!

and blab blab blob blob is all these words mean...just some silly story.

<gone-this week is finished>

The Israelites were told to do many things from the prophets of Jehovah--Many times though, they fell away--mostly seeking after foreign women. God warned them not to--When they did fall-they lost Gods grace until they repented and turned from their bad ways. Solomon even fell to false god worship because he married foreign wives.
Jesus spoke to 7 congregations( Rev 2) here in these last days is when Revelation occurs--it has been, Few can see it happening before their eyes.
Yes we are at the very end-- Learn to do this-Matt 16:24--
You are confused on the 666 matter.

Its only hard if self thinking comes before--Matt 16:24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.