Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2016, 03:47 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
A bigger shame is living a lie and believing in a cartoon godling.

Why do you believe in such things then? I don't.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:08 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Of course you don't.

Old 07-23-2016, 04:11 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Of course you don't.
IF you could reason with fundamentalists, there would be no fundamentalists, Jer!

Old 07-23-2016, 04:22 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,958,879 times
i am everywhere and nowhere all at once. i am blind yet i can see straight into the depths of your sinful soul. meccaleccahi meccahineyho. but, O Sarah! if the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they loved, I shall always be near you; in the brightest day and in the darkest night—amidst your happiest scenes and gloomiest hours—always, always; and if there be a soft breeze upon your cheek, it shall be my breath; or the cool air fans your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by.

i was for a little while unable to believe that such things would in fact be done by any government that hitherto subscribed to the humane practices of civilized nations. international law had its origin in the attempt to set up some law which would be respected and observed upon the seas, where no nation had right of dominion and where lay the free highways of the world.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:02 PM

351 posts, read 226,310 times
Quote:
the lord is ready to judge you because of all the evil you have been doing, soon you will cry and graon in anguish chased down dark slippery trails, the lord will see to it that you pay your penalty in full. quick, give justice, begin doing what is right before his burning anger flash out upon you. to all who despise the lord and follow the stubbornness of their hearts.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiafrog View Post
i am everywhere and nowhere all at once. i am blind yet i can see straight into the depths of your sinful soul. meccaleccahi meccahineyho. but, O Sarah! if the dead can come back to this earth and flit unseen around those they loved, I shall always be near you; in the brightest day and in the darkest night—amidst your happiest scenes and gloomiest hours—always, always; and if there be a soft breeze upon your cheek, it shall be my breath; or the cool air fans your throbbing temple, it shall be my spirit passing by.

i was for a little while unable to believe that such things would in fact be done by any government that hitherto subscribed to the humane practices of civilized nations. international law had its origin in the attempt to set up some law which would be respected and observed upon the seas, where no nation had right of dominion and where lay the free highways of the world.
the lord has an indictment against all the nations, he will bring all people to trial. he brought evil upon the people which is called by his name, they have stumbled in their ways and have gone into bypathsso the gentiles shall not go unpunished for he will call for a sword upon the world. behold, disaster is spreading from nation to nation, a great whirlwind of his wrath.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:13 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepy View Post
the lord has an indictment against all the nations, he will bring all people to trial. he brought evil upon the people which is called by his name, they have stumbled in their ways and have gone into bypathsso the gentiles shall not go unpunished for he will call for a sword upon the world. behold, disaster is spreading from nation to nation, a great whirlwind of his wrath.
Sounds like your "lord" is pretty evil dude. Not interested.

Last edited by zzzSnorlax; 07-28-2016 at 12:38 PM..

Old 07-28-2016, 01:21 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post

The finger is always being pointed the wrong way. Its God who says what is wicked and its mortals who practice those things daily. Its their own fault, they refuse to believe Jesus over the dogmas of men.

Old 07-28-2016, 01:38 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,832,835 times
Quote:
The finger is always being pointed the wrong way. Its God who says what is wicked and its mortals who practice those things daily. Its their own fault, they refuse to believe Jesus over the dogmas of men.
Not fond of might makes right philosophy either.

Old 07-31-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
why do you cry out over your affliction? your sorrow is uncurable, for the multitude of your iniquity, your punishment has been harsh. the anger of the lord is a furious storm that shall rage over the head of the wicked. nevertheless the lord will make you well again, he will heal your wounds if you repent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.