Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2016, 09:27 AM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
One most likely will have a garden and trees to be taken care of--God knows it will work.
Great. I will get to kill plants for all eternity.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:18 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,083,997 times
Quote:
God has promised--every desire of ones heart will be filled. Not in the sick thinking of this system though.( like wife swapping)
Eh? What? Why not.

I have many desires...:evil grin:...including my neighbor's wife...I can't have that? Damn...so I guess I'm going to hell? All the prostitutes and loose women will be there too? I don't need virgins, I want experience- sign me up!

No, neither the idea of eternal luxury nor eternal torment make any sense. None at all.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:49 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,835,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Great. I will get to kill plants for all eternity.
I hate yardwork. Pass.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:41 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Eh? What? Why not.

I have many desires...:evil grin:...including my neighbor's wife...I can't have that? Damn...so I guess I'm going to hell? All the prostitutes and loose women will be there too? I don't need virgins, I want experience- sign me up!

No, neither the idea of eternal luxury nor eternal torment make any sense. None at all.

If those are your hearts desire you wont be in Gods kingdom. Only the righteous will be there-Psalm 37: 9,11,29
Hell = the grave( eternal destruction) not eternal suffering like the false religions that do not know God teach.

Old 08-02-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Eh? What? Why not.

It will not be eternal luxury, one will work for what they have-- not for the profit of others, but satisfying work of taking care of ones family and sharing with any who need. There is no eternal torment--that would be eternal life in suffering--a false teaching--Jesus said those who walk the broad and spacious path will be destroyed.
God set before all-Deuteronomy 30:19--Life or death both are everlasting.

Old 08-02-2016, 04:05 PM

20,013 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
It will not be eternal luxury, one will work for what they have-- not for the profit of others, but satisfying work of taking care of ones family and sharing with any who need. There is no eternal torment--that would be eternal life in suffering--a false teaching--Jesus said those who walk the broad and spacious path will be destroyed.
God set before all-Deuteronomy 30:19--Life or death both are everlasting.
I am not interested in everlasting gardening so I guess I'll take what's behind door #2. Oblivion is fine with me, it is what I think to be by far most likely anyway.

In all honesty I am past my best-used-by-date already and I think I would be insufferably cranky in another hundred years, much less another couple thousand.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I am not interested in everlasting gardening so I guess I'll take what's behind door #2. Oblivion is fine with me, it is what I think to be by far most likely anyway.

In all honesty I am past my best-used-by-date already and I think I would be insufferably cranky in another hundred years, much less another couple thousand.

God knows exactly what he is doing--He only rested creating--there are many wonderful things in store for obedient mortals. His word guarantees--Every desire will be filled. There will be no aging like we do now--we will be perfect, never sick. Knowing only good is Gods will for mortals.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:32 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,083,997 times
Quote:
...there are many wonderful things in store for obedient mortals...
Really? Like what? And for how long will those things remain "wonderful"?

Quote:
Knowing only good is Gods will for mortals.
If that were actually true, then he could have just killed that damned snake in the garden. The story says that the snake conned them into eating the fruit that gave them the ability to "become as gods, knowing good and evil". If he *truly* wanted them to 'know only good', he could have nipped it in the bud right then and there. But if you believe the story, then that didn't happen, so your statement is false.

Instead, the story says that he allowed his imperfect creatures, who lacked the power to discern 'evil', to be persuaded by an 'evil' being which was *also* his creation. Do you see the logic fail here?

So (according to the story) we have thousands of years of suffering, pestilence, death and destruction (much of it wrought by his own hand), because he let his imperfect creatures who didn't know 'evil' learn of 'evil'.

And now you say he wants them to "know only good". Sorry, doesn't stand up to the tests of credibility and logic, and it is shown to be patently untrue.

Old 08-03-2016, 02:45 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Really? Like what? And for how long will those things remain "wonderful"?

If that were actually true, then he could have just killed that damned snake in the garden. The story says that the snake conned them into eating the fruit that gave them the ability to "become as gods, knowing good and evil". If he *truly* wanted them to 'know only good', he could have nipped it in the bud right then and there. But if you believe the story, then that didn't happen, so your statement is false.

Instead, the story says that he allowed his imperfect creatures, who lacked the power to discern 'evil', to be persuaded by an 'evil' being which was *also* his creation. Do you see the logic fail here?

So (according to the story) we have thousands of years of suffering, pestilence, death and destruction (much of it wrought by his own hand), because he let his imperfect creatures who didn't know 'evil' learn of 'evil'.

And now you say he wants them to "know only good". Sorry, doesn't stand up to the tests of credibility and logic, and it is shown to be patently untrue.
<clap>

Old 08-04-2016, 05:49 AM

351 posts, read 226,471 times
Quote:
God has promised--every desire of ones heart will be filled. Not in the sick thinking of this system though.( like wife swapping)
One most likely will have a garden and trees to be taken care of--God knows it will work.
God has only rested from creating--who knows what wonderful things he has in store for the inhabitants of his Kingdom?.
happy are those who would believe and hope in those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality