Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2016, 01:24 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,577,622 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
We are no heirs to the promises made to the children of Judea, to the Chosen Ones. The one who made these promises considers us no more than dogs licking up crumbs from the table. Why should we trust in him?
forget omni dude for now.

how do you treat "dogs"?
why would you consider yourself so much better than a smart ape?

Old 08-12-2016, 01:39 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Light will not enter darkness. That is why truth is not understood by most and this is how most are seeing-2Cor 4:4
Translation: if I'm seeming not to make sense, it's because you're stupid.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:52 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,917,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

Not at all--mislead is more appropriate. That is why, Jesus came and started the house to house, city to city work, when he sent his followers out by two. With--the good news of Gods kingdom, and the bible teaches--This good news of the kingdom will be preached as a witness to all nations, then the end will come.( Matt 24:14) So the work does not stop until the end.
Do you know--the good news of the kingdom?

Old 08-12-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norne View Post
We are no heirs to the promises made to the children of Judea, to the Chosen Ones. The one who made these promises considers us no more than dogs licking up crumbs from the table. Why should we trust in him?

The Israelites( religion) has been cut off of being Gods chosen, until they say---blessed is he( Messiah=Jesus) that comes in Jehovahs name.( Matt 23:37-39)-- its been over 1900 years--they still refuse to this day. The renting of the banner at the precise moment when Jesus died, signified that fact.
God called Abraham-friend--because he lived to do Gods will and did all asked of him. He calls those who live to do his will now--his children, not dogs. It was the Israelite teachers who referred to the flock as Amharets--meaning( giving table scraps to the dogs--this is spiritual table scraps)-- they placed themselves upon a pedastel and thought they were better than the rest. God did a gazillion things for our benefit and enjoyment in creation, because he loves us. Just imagine if God didn't think of us and create variety in every creation. He did it for our benefit.

Old 08-13-2016, 04:12 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The Israelites( religion) has been cut off of being Gods chosen, until they say---blessed is he( Messiah=Jesus) that comes in Jehovahs name.( Matt 23:37-39)-- its been over 1900 years--they still refuse to this day. The renting of the banner at the precise moment when Jesus died, signified that fact.
God called Abraham-friend--because he lived to do Gods will and did all asked of him. He calls those who live to do his will now--his children, not dogs. It was the Israelite teachers who referred to the flock as Amharets--meaning( giving table scraps to the dogs--this is spiritual table scraps)-- they placed themselves upon a pedastel and thought they were better than the rest. God did a gazillion things for our benefit and enjoyment in creation, because he loves us. Just imagine if God didn't think of us and create variety in every creation. He did it for our benefit.
Yet his devoted 'children' fight so hard to ensure that they are the only ones to benefit.

Old 08-14-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Yet his devoted 'children' fight so hard to ensure that they are the only ones to benefit.

Actually all the real Christians listen to Jesus, who sent his true followers out by two, house to house, city to city with the good news of Gods kingdom and the bible teaches--- This good news of Gods kingdom will be preached as a witness to all nations, then the end will come.( Matt 24:14) Thus the work Jesus started does not stop until the end.
True followers are like God in the sense--they desire-ALL -to repent. One doesn't go house to house for self, its to help others.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:04 AM

351 posts, read 226,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
it does not matter if we like the message or not, we will obey the lord so everything will turn out well. as a reward for trusting me , i will preserve your life and keep you safe, i will bless you and build you up. sorry that i had to punish you.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepy View Post
it does not matter if we like the message or not, we will obey the lord so everything will turn out well. as a reward for trusting me , i will preserve your life and keep you safe, i will bless you and build you up. sorry that i had to punish you.
A message has to be coherent to be of any use to anyone. It's not a question of liking it, it's a question of validating it and making sense of it and putting it to good use.

I guarantee you I didn't like figuring out that the universe is godless and impersonal and that the only purpose, meaning and justice to be found within it is self-created. I disliked it very much, given that I was suckled on the concept that god was in his heaven and all was right with the world. Eventually I came to see it as a better way to frame one's understanding of reality, but I went with it initially despite very much disliking it.

That is the nature of truth, it is true whether you want it to be or not. And the question of how to determine truth -- via what epistemology -- that of religious faith or of empirical investigation -- is what divides us -- not our desire for truth.

Old 08-16-2016, 07:21 AM

351 posts, read 226,310 times
maybe they will stop sinning when they hear the terrible things? i plan for them. and they will turn back to jesus, only then i will forgive then

Old 08-16-2016, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepy View Post
maybe they will stop sinning when they hear the terrible things? i plan for them. and they will turn back to jesus, only then i will forgive then
What does this even MEAN??

I am guessing that you're putting words in Jesus' mouth and that is what the first person declarations are about. When did you get the notion that you're his prophet? Quite a flattering thing to think of yourself. In the religious tradition I grew out of, you would be slapped down and taught a little humility. But whatever.

And who is "they"? I wasn't talking about a "they" so why would you respond concerning this amorphous "they" who will stop sinning? Is there something going on in between your ears that I'm supposed to know about without you telling me?

And what are the terrible things? Threats, doubtless, of infinite punishment. Which demonstrably don't work (what percentage of the people in the world bow the knee to your concept of god?) and even if they DID work, would produce not true, engaged, enthusiastic, loving believers with a "burden for souls" born of compassion, but a bunch of terrified, cowed, quavering, servile toadies with an armageddon complex.

Not that you will address even one substantive point above, you will probably come up with another "prophetic" pronouncement in an effort to frighten people into loving your god -- or else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.