Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2016, 05:58 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,047,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The day and hour are set in stone. The righteous suffer because satan rules this world. Jesus taught his followers to be no part of this world( they do not fit in) yet still have to live in it. The righteous store their treasures in heaven and will reap the benefits in Gods kingdom and get life everlasting--so in reality who has prospered? This life is all the wicked will get.
Satan doesn't rule this world, man does...

Old 08-11-2016, 01:23 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post

The spirit world is in full control-- most mortals are satans puppets. Not a single govt on this earth does Gods will. Satan offered to Jesus--EVERY kingdom on this earth( because he rules them)A kingdom makes up--govt, armies, supporters)
Jesus taught satan is the ruler of this world. It is not wise to stand in opposition to the son of YHWH.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
This, folks, is what religion does to brains.

What this world has turned into is what a lack of listening to God does. Selfishness is the reason most are suffering.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,199,290 times
Quote:
The spirit world is in full control-- most mortals are satans puppets. Not a single govt on this earth does Gods will. Satan offered to Jesus--EVERY kingdom on this earth( because he rules them)A kingdom makes up--govt, armies, supporters)
Jesus taught satan is the ruler of this world. It is not wise to stand in opposition to the son of YHWH.
As Jehovah is my witness, religion turns brains into paranoid sludge factories.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:36 PM

Quote:

The otherside of the coin = pure darkness.

Old 08-11-2016, 01:43 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I think I should contact the guy who wrote the New Age BS Generator and have him do a fundamentalist Christian version.

Instead of stuff like "Quantum reality opens the solar system itself to divine transcendence" it would be in quasi-Elizabethan English and far darker. Stuff like "Blasphemers! Idolaters! How shall you escape the judgment of God, ye who passeth the covenant between the parts of the calf! Behold, your place is left unto thee desolate, and thou art given into the hands of thine enemies, to become a laughingstock and a byword among the nations."

You mean stuff like this?

Quote:
Blessed is the man who doesn't walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the way of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in Yahweh's law. On his law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree planted by the streams of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also does not wither. Whatever he does shall prosper. The wicked are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. For Yahweh knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked shall perish.
Bible Ipsum - Gnrateur de texte de remplissage

Old 08-11-2016, 07:56 PM

20,020 posts, read 13,496,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
Well I was thinking in terms of reproducing Keepy's faux prophetic utterance the same way that there are "deepity generators" out there who satirize Deepak Chopra's content-free new age pronouncements.

Folks who claim a prophetic gift tend to adopt the same stentorian tone as the Old Testament (and the more authoritarian parts of the new) much as Joseph Smith authored the Book of Mormon in quasi-Elizabethan English. Your link just uses the Psalms as a source of royalty-free text for the purpose of populating sample web layouts in various languages.

If I had the time I would write a faux-scripture BS generator myself, it would be a fun project.

Old 08-12-2016, 03:16 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times
Quote:
You guys crack me up.

kjw47, didn't satan know he was talking to god?

Old 08-12-2016, 05:13 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Quote:
There y'go Richard. Man does not rule the world, Stan rules the world though men. But, kjw, God made Satan didn't he? And he could destroy or at least remove Stan if he wanted, couldn't he? (if you want to say "No, He couldn't" to either of those, feel free, and we'll alter the discussion accordingly ) and so, if he allows that situation to continue, it is because it suits him to, doesn't it? And therefore, God is ruling the world through Satan, isn't he? Or at least, he is letting the game be payed according to God's own rules. And if he is making the rules, why is it either ourselves or Satan who has to take the responsibility?

I know why, but, do you?

Quote:
I'm going to pinch that

Old 08-12-2016, 06:43 AM

1,248 posts, read 824,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Behold, I say unto thee, I am one who hath devoted myself and come close to the lord, and durst approach him. I became a priest at his altars. But lo, he did prove to be nonexistent, for he had fled from the presence of the congregation of the people, if indeed he had ever been there. When godliness came to aught and the destruction of all things holy and good were complete, then did I realize that the lord is fiction and this fiction doth wax gross amongst the nations. Then did I eschew the ways of faith, and chose an epistemology that hath been proven. Then did my righteousness flow as a mighty river, no longer called forth on threat of eternal suffering, but from free volition: and then did I find my life explicable and became content withall.

Now therefore, comest thou no more into the midst of the people, saying, peace, peace, where there is no peace. Take thy failed reasoning and unctuous pronouncements and go thither into the outer darkness, where is weeping, and wailing, and gnashing of teeth, which thous rejoiceth in apparently.
This one deserves ten reps, no less!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality