Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 08:22 PM

611 posts, read 281,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
The only person I ever slashed with The Rightfighter Sword was myself. YMMV
Why, the shedding of innocent blood for the forgiveness of your own sins bother you or something? You don't think that would be right or something?

Old 08-21-2016, 04:17 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Why, the shedding of innocent blood for the forgiveness of your own sins bother you or something? You don't think that would be right or something?
I don't even know what you just said. It's more along the lines of if I go around judging others I end up judging myself more. I don't believe in sin. I believe most people do the best they can and screw up sometimes. That's part of being human, not some moral failing.

Edit: I see you must be talking about Jesus. Yeah, that always did bother me as a kid. The story is so graphic and if a person has any kind of empathy I would think they would be bothered to know that happened because of them.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 08-21-2016 at 04:25 AM..

Old 08-21-2016, 04:22 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
I have rarely seen a thread outside of Christianity forum that I so little wanted to have anything to do with, but I had to respond to this as there are two possible responses:

(1) Of course it bothers me Of course it isn't right . It would bother me and wouldn't be right even if it was necessary and at all likely to be true.

(2) that deserves the award for Toast -dry ironic post of the decade.

Old 08-21-2016, 04:27 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I have rarely seen a thread outside of Christianity forum that I so little wanted to have anything to do with, but I had to respond to this as there are two possible responses:

(1) Of course it bothers me Of course it isn't right . It would bother me and wouldn't be right even if it was necessary and at all likely to be true.

(2) that deserves the award for Toast -dry ironic post of the decade.
I have had numerous phone calls lately from someone claiming to be the IRS saying it is my final notice before they take action. I hang up on them each time. I know I don't owe anything.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:56 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
I have had numerous phone calls lately from someone claiming to be the IRS saying it is my final notice before they take action. I hang up on them each time. I know I don't owe anything.
My wife got a robo-call answering that description this past week too. Must be a "thing" making the rounds.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:31 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
My wife got a robo-call answering that description this past week too. Must be a "thing" making the rounds.
It is. Take down the phone number they ask you to call and report it to your District Attorney.

Old 08-22-2016, 03:55 AM

Quote:

The spyware that gave into the bold.

Day 1 "Hello! Sorry to interrupt what you were doing with this pop-up, so you lost all your work, but we noticed you had a lot of files.
Would you like us to delete some of them and install Mal5?"

Day 2 "Hello! We noticed that you did not take advantage of our offer to delete your files and install Mal5. Please click "Yes" if you would like us to delete your files and install Mal5.@

Day 3. " We noticed that you clicked the "No" Option on our Mal5 Offer. Are you sure?"

Day 4. "Hello! We are again offering to delete your files and install Mal 5. Please click. "No" if you don't want us to perform this action."

Day 5 "We noticed that you clicked the "No" option of our offer to delete your files and install Mal5. Are you sure? Please click the "No" option if you would like us to perform this action."

Day 6 "Thank you for choosing the option to install Mal 5. Please do not reply to this message as it has no reply facility."

Day 7 "Mal5 has successfully been installed on your computer! You can select the Visa or Paypal option below to remit payment."

Day 8 "Please pay now. Choose one of the payment options below."

Day 9 "You have three days to remit payment, otherwise the debt will be referred to a collection agency."

Day 10 "We note that you have not remitted payment for the Mal5 software you purchased for us. Please remit payment immediately or we shall have no option but to take LEGAL ACTION."

Day 11, "You mean bastard."

Old 08-27-2016, 12:01 PM

351 posts, read 226,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The only way one comes to Jesus is by learning and applying every single teaching he gave to us, and then doing this-Matt 16:24
in those days? israel shall be without sin, even though they have been completely guilty. for the lord has punished them fully. ,

Old 08-27-2016, 02:13 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,920,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keepy View Post
in those days? israel shall be without sin, even though they have been completely guilty. for the lord has punished them fully. ,

This response had 0 to do with what I said.

Old 08-29-2016, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
This response had 0 to do with what I said.
But it has to do with the thread, which is outside of Christianity and deserves all it gets. The idea that the Jews will be permitted to become saved Christians because they have been persecuted enough by Christianity for not being Christians, egged on by that horrible lie in Matthew that they eagerly took the responsibility for Rome's execution of Jesus on themselves, is loathesome in the extreme.

Keepy's comment was a bit relevant in connecting to this wretched idea that every knee will eventually bow to the religion they happen to subscribe to, and stinking lie that the Jews have to be forgiven for something that they didn't do, and even now no church has begged their forgiveness for doing it to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality