Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2008, 05:16 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times

Advertisements

Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
For all you know I may not even be a person. You might be just talking to a machine.
Well, based on your posts I would imagine you could be a machine, probably one of the very early computers that didn't work very well. Hey, I'm just joking with ya. I can see we're never going to agree on anything so we might as well have a laugh once in awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 06:10 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Oh man do i hate this answer!!!!!
me too! Just someone blinded by their own conditioned dogma...such a ready response that doesn't even begin to answer the question.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:24 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeasisrael View Post
me too! Just someone blinded by their own conditioned dogma...such a ready response that doesn't even begin to answer the question.
Again you would have to assume that I am looking to follow a list of rules that have been written by men only. That would require a leap of faith on your part. I have been telling folks here from the beginning that I have had an encounter with the living God. I have told them of a number of pratical stories of these encounters. Which you either have ignored or donot believe. You have put yourself into the same postion you have accused me of. And that is, one who has been conditioned to believe in their own blinded dogma. At least I have good reason to believe what I do. What is your belief based on ?

Old 03-10-2008, 08:04 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Again you would have to assume that I am looking to follow a list of rules that have been written by men only. That would require a leap of faith on your part. I have been telling folks here from the beginning that I have had an encounter with the living God. I have told them of a number of pratical stories of these encounters. Which you either have ignored or donot believe. You have put yourself into the same postion you have accused me of. And that is, one who has been conditioned to believe in their own blinded dogma. At least I have good reason to believe what I do. What is your belief based on ?
Ok friend, you think what you need to think. Best of luck to you.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:51 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Maybe it is you who don't listen.

Old 03-10-2008, 01:13 PM

8,827 posts, read 7,330,462 times
From reading this whole religious forum, I've seen that what I said before was right. You can never discuss religion and politics. You end up disgusted or not getting anywhere but bored. So to each his own.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:33 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,166,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
From reading this whole religious forum, I've seen that what I said before was right. You can never discuss religion and politics. You end up disgusted or not getting anywhere but bored. So to each his own.
It is so true...you know, the problem is talking of the supernatural, there is no right or wrong. Nobody can prove a darn thing so everyone basically beats their head against a brick wall...

Old 03-11-2008, 02:15 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
It is so true...you know, the problem is talking of the supernatural, there is no right or wrong. Nobody can prove a darn thing so everyone basically beats their head against a brick wall...
Well, I would say when a voice that comes from the supernatural tells you to harm someone, that would be the word that God has not spoken. Yet when a voice encourages you to help the down and out, or encourages you do be a better person. Well, that would be the voice of God. And that is why the Bible tells us to test the spirits, to see if they are of God, or the Devil. How many times have we heard on the news where someone said "God told me to kill my children". It does happen, but you can be sure that was not a message that came from God.

Old 03-11-2008, 02:20 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,451,330 times
God speaks for himself...........
With every birth of every human or animal.
Every miracle healing or life saved by strange circumstances where maybe they should not have made it.
With every sunrise and sunset.
With the love in every childs heart.
Gods speaks to us everyday in all things. All we have to do is listen!

Old 03-11-2008, 08:59 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
God speaks for himself...........
With every birth of every human or animal.
Every miracle healing or life saved by strange circumstances where maybe they should not have made it.
With every sunrise and sunset.
With the love in every childs heart.
Gods speaks to us everyday in all things. All we have to do is listen!
There are many individuals who believe such events are not the works of God, but other entities, nature, science, etc. Those beliefs are equally as valid as the belief that God is the source of such things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality