Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 04:12 PM

2,430 posts, read 2,768,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
A lot of people experience that, regardless of their faith/lack of faith. That's a conscience, not some supernatural message.
.........yeah the Conscience is a small invisible rat of little intellect that confuses mankind with mental promptings that some men just ignore. Right. ??????????????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
From reading this whole religious forum, I've seen that what I said before was right. You can never discuss religion and politics. You end up disgusted or not getting anywhere but bored. So to each his own.
Well at least you know you are ?

Old 01-06-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
First, God himself did not write the Book, as you phrased it. The "Book" was written by priests, bishops, philosopers and religious people over the course of thousands of years.

And secondly, being still (quiet) is no guarantee that the voice that one hears is that of God. I am sure you have heard of the many individuals who "heard" the wrong voice and did some very terrible things as a result of being still (quiet). People such as Jim Jones, David Koresh and others.
NO PRIEST OR PHILOSOPHERS WROTE THE BOOK

Old 01-06-2009, 04:34 PM

[quote=LogicIsYourFriend;6771958]God sure does try hard to make himself completely invisible and silent. HEY ...What is skitzofrenia?......and who gets to decide? it is actually different on different continents.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
My Creator does not speak from any written book, my Creator speaks to us through the heart, mind, and spirit, we do not need written words to add to any confusion, as you say. And if your Creator supposedly crosses over all cultures and beliefs than I am not telling you that your God is wrong and that my Creator is right, I'm telling you that it is possible that they are both the same and that they are both right. Do not make assumptions and twist words from my statement. There is nothing confusing about what I said, my culture is far different from yours but that does not mean that it is wrong or that yours is right or vice versa, it just means that there is the possibility that both are right for our respective beliefs, there is nothing confusing about that. osay
NUM 22:28......God does what he wants

Old 01-07-2009, 09:16 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,489 times
I don't understand that religion. God was never master of the space and time I deluded my conventions for.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
I don't understand that religion. God was never master of the space and time I deluded my conventions for.
...........I don't know,but I believe you are passive aggressive? Or IT MAYBE the false conclusion syndrome.Or if you are a free thinking person..........go for it.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:28 AM

414 posts, read 777,123 times
Exclamation What a tiresome job it is ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescityleon View Post
...........I don't know,but I believe you are passive aggressive? Or IT MAYBE the false conclusion syndrome.Or if you are a free thinking person..........go for it.
... to get some structure in the henhouse C-D university still appears to be

The Structure of Scientific Revolutions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-07-2009, 09:49 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,489 times
Space thing eh? I remember in2001 I had a conversation where they misunderstood the point of intent for understanding HOW I regarded doing the wrong thing. Did really deserve the conscience of accepting ignorance in the fellowman?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
he has but somehow i dont think you would be on the list of people that would believe me.
the issue is not the speaking ability, the issue is the listening ability.
he is just not saying what some folks wana hear.
"regardless of faith" of course i agree absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality