Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 08:40 PM

43 posts, read 104,274 times

Advertisements

I wish I could give thoes who refuse to see, what I have. To be hugged by Him is an awesome experience. To wake up with your spirit praying, is unbelieveable. At night, to feel the love engulf you, I dont know if it is possible to explain your relationship with Him. You cant give it to any one they have to want it for themselves. No I dont think He made any mistakes, I too believe that everything is alot more simple than (we, as humans try to make it). He knew that some wouldnt understand, He wont punish them for it. For the rest of us, all He wants is our Love. For us to Love Him just a tiny fraction, as much as He loves us. If you want to believe, and just dont, try this. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Ask Him into your heart, noone has to know this but you and Him. It cant hurt you, and it just might be the best thing you ever did for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 08:41 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well God could do that, yet if you really wanted to know who really loves you, you would wait an see who was looking for you. Most people could care less about God or His truth, and that is why so few seek Him. Yet, those who do seek Him, are the one's He is looking for.
It would be kinda hard to miss a booming voice in the sky, even for those who could care less about god.
An omnipotent being with limited powers....interesting

Old 12-20-2008, 08:52 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arod0331 View Post
It would be kinda hard to miss a booming voice in the sky, even for those who could care less about god.
An omnipotent being with limited powers....interesting
I would say it wouldn't make a difference if God did boom his voice from the sky. Those who don't want to admit/accept God would probably dismiss the voice as well.

Luke 16:31 (NIV) - "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "

Old 12-20-2008, 08:55 PM

1,385 posts, read 3,007,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
I would say it wouldn't make a difference if God did boom his voice from the sky. Those who don't want to admit/accept God would probably dismiss the voice as well.

Luke 16:31 (NIV) - "He said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.' "
If something's loud enough, everyone will hear it. Like when an accident happens, you hear the loud crash, and EVERYONE will look.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:23 PM

43 posts, read 104,274 times
One thing for sure, Id rather die believeing in Him and find out its not true, than to die, not believeing in Him, and find out it is true. In this world we are not going to know, the whys, hows and whens. I just know what I know and let the rest go. There is a God, and Hes waiting for you to turn to him, and when the time is right you will. Being rude to us, wont change our minds. We know its hard to understand, call us crazy if it makes you feel better, why cant we just agree to disagree and let it go at that?

Old 12-20-2008, 11:44 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesomedove54 View Post
I wish I could give thoes who refuse to see, what I have. To be hugged by Him is an awesome experience. To wake up with your spirit praying, is unbelieveable. At night, to feel the love engulf you, I dont know if it is possible to explain your relationship with Him. You cant give it to any one they have to want it for themselves. No I dont think He made any mistakes, I too believe that everything is alot more simple than (we, as humans try to make it). He knew that some wouldnt understand, He wont punish them for it. For the rest of us, all He wants is our Love. For us to Love Him just a tiny fraction, as much as He loves us. If you want to believe, and just dont, try this. Ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Ask Him into your heart, noone has to know this but you and Him. It cant hurt you, and it just might be the best thing you ever did for yourself.
It is absolutely necessary to experience it for oneself to "know" God is real and loving and accepting. What isn't necessary is accepting the descriptions that violate that experienced love and acceptance. Men interpreted and created those descriptions (primitive and savage men). They served the purpose of taming human savagery and producing more and more enlightened souls. To retain them without applying that enlightenment is just foolish. Do not use anything other than our 21st Century minds to understand the God we experience so clearly as loving and accepting. Retaining that primitive jealous, vengeful, wrathful, and egotistical god and trying to rationalize it . . . after knowing Jesus . . . is foolish in the extreme, IMO.

Old 12-21-2008, 07:21 AM

15 posts, read 18,679 times
Its good and right that you wonder why.
In my experience, and JUST as jesus told everyone who then told everyone who then told everyone, as I TELL YOU...
'god' is 'listening' - to you at *this very moment*.
NO need to be afraid. Forget all the books and prophets and buildings.
'God' that no one can explain - is in touch with each one of us and with everything there is.
Try this - when you next feel deeply despairing - hopeless, alone,
just imagine - as jesus advised - that there is someone there who will hear you, who loves *you* - very VERY dearly. Just like a perfect father would. Someone who understands that you have NEVER meant to screw up or get things wrong or ruin anything..yanno?
If you can just for a moment - imagine that - all to yourself. And be quiet - for as long as it takes. JUST like the littlest kid you ever knew
then I promise - the gentlest love you ever knew will come to give you strength.
No use saying hey god!! -
I want this and this and this - like a shopping list.
Doesnt work like that.
It works like LOVE works. Which is mysterious and more wonderful than ANYTHING else in the universe or beyond it.
I could not BEAR so much of life - without this sure knowledge. That love is there - and love cares for me.
I dont need to know how or why. It never fails me.
N E V E R .

But if you DO need to wonder about it - you might start along scientific lines - yanno ??
Like look up 'neutrinos' tiny something or others - BILIONS of them pass through you body at every second..
there could EASILY be a way that a creator could have made a system of that kind to communicate with you (and I know neutrinos WONT do it but something else similar might). Science knows SOOOO little too.
Just tiny little bits of how everything works.
just try it. TRY talking to God -
to Love that loves you.

Remember this - you dont need to have all the WORDS. sometimes pain is too much to put into words.
Sadness hurts too much
There ARE no words, even if you were the greatest poet that ever lived,
You may not be able to express your own heartache - or joy.
Words dont matter.
Just be there - and give *yourself* to Love. to 'god'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Now, let me get this right. According to the Bible, God can do All Things. He created the stars, sky and universe; all of mankind and animal life, and everything that is, God created.

But, when it comes to speaking directly to his most esteemed creation-- Man; God decided to speak thousands of years ago through Prophets, Popes, Bishops, Apostles, Muhammad, Jesus, etc, many of whom have lied and misled the people.

I cannot help from wondering why, if God has all of this Power, why doesn't God make it easy for man and speak in a clear audible voice to each person, not this spiritual internal voice stuff Christians keep referring to and many Chistians mistake for their own thoughts.

I am trying to be open-mined about religion, and the Bible, but so much of it just makes no sense.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:33 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,952,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonesomedove54 View Post
Sounds as if you are describing "enlightment" "karma" or some sort of unification of the spirit with the supernatural world or forces of nature. Your religion (Christianity) refers to this unity or "enlightment" as God or the Holy Spirit, whereas, others in different parts of the world or of different religious persuasions may refer to these same supernatural forces as something entirely different.

Now, this is in no way denying that such feelings or emotions of peace, calm, or tranquility, whichever you prefer, are real and exist; but, the truth of the matter is, many people on this Earth, of many different religious backgrounds, or no religion background at all, can be "touched" by these same forces. This is simply a fact, which could lead logical, open-minded individuals to draw the conclusion that, supernatural, unexplained "forces" are present on the earth for the benefit of all mankind and his emotional and spiritual well being.

Last edited by dorado0359; 12-21-2008 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: ...

Old 12-21-2008, 04:38 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,554,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Now, let me get this right. According to the Bible, God can do All Things. He created the stars, sky and universe; all of mankind and animal life, and everything that is, God created.

But, when it comes to speaking directly to his most esteemed creation-- Man; God decided to speak thousands of years ago through Prophets, Popes, Bishops, Apostles, Muhammad, Jesus, etc, many of whom have lied and misled the people.

I cannot help from wondering why, if God has all of this Power, why doesn't God make it easy for man and speak in a clear audible voice to each person, not this spiritual internal voice stuff Christians keep referring to and many Chistians mistake for their own thoughts.

I am trying to be open-mined about religion, and the Bible, but so much of it just makes no sense.
This gets into the purpose of life on earth. For some reason, God has chosen to leave a question as to his existence. Many interpret that to mean we are here to choose what we believe. If that's the case, then God would not speak directly to us as he'd remove all doubt if he did.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:53 AM

414 posts, read 777,194 times
Question Thank you ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
This gets into the purpose of life on earth. For some reason, God has chosen to leave a question as to his existence. Many interpret that to mean we are here to choose what we believe. If that's the case, then God would not speak directly to us as he'd remove all doubt if he did.
... and all those daring to "go beyond" (Meister Eckart).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality