Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2018, 12:03 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,069,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And a higher than that, and a higher than that, and a higher than that - where do you stop?
Right here. Or right above that last one. Or somewhere in between. A completely human choice of imagination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 04:41 AM

16,784 posts, read 4,989,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find there is 'general truth' or 'truth in general ' (secular truth) and there is also the 'religious truth' of John 17:17 which Jesus taught that Scripture is religious truth. So, to me it is Not how many people (quantity) believe, but Jesus is looking for ' quality ' - Matthew 7:21-23
So Jesus is your god, Jesus is not your god, and your god is not the god of the Old Testament?
A very strange truth you have, there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I wonder how primates over 1,500 years could get together to have the matching corresponding cross-reference verses and passages that are in harmony with one another. Because of that internal harmony is why Jesus could base his teachings by his logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures for us.
If only you had that for the Bible.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You’re comparing a higher being to an amoeba.
Indeed.
Low specified complexity with a high specified complexity.
More probable with less probable.
Special pleading does not refute my argument, it just means you do not have one.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Ah! A reason for our existence. Doesn’t that beg for a creator/mover?
Yes. The laws of nature.
No intelligent being required.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
What valid science are atheists supposedly denying?

Arach science. Oh, wait, you said valid.

Old 11-17-2018, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
shira, I dare you to take my "string of facts" to trained people.

I did, a few months ago. I wanted to see if I was misunderstanding you because of bad English, so I asked some German friends in our English Stammtisch*.

I had "I do not get the stick" (because you was talking about a 47cm long stick for some reason).
I had 3 comments about you talking BS.
And from the quiet and polite high school science teacher, I had the surprising "She is a <expletive> idiot, are they on drugs?"

* From Wikipedia - "A Stammtisch (German for "regulars' table",[1] [ˈʃtamtɪʃ]) is an informal group meeting held on a regular basis, and also the usually large, often round table around which the group meets. A Stammtisch is not a structured meeting, but rather a friendly get-together."

Old 11-17-2018, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Therefore, a mover/creator is the only logical conclusion, at this point.
A non sequitur is a logical fallacy, not a logical conclusion.

Old 11-17-2018, 05:08 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
I did, a few months ago. I wanted to see if I was misunderstanding you because of bad English, so I asked some German friends in our English Stammtisch*.

I had "I do not get the stick" (because you was talking about a 47cm long stick for some reason).
And from the quiet and polite high school science teacher, I had the surprising "She is a <expletive> idiot, are they on drugs?"

* From Wikipedia - "A Stammtisch (German for "regulars' table",[1] [ˈʃtamtɪʃ]) is an informal group meeting held on a regular basis, and also the usually large, often round table around which the group meets. A Stammtisch is not a structured meeting, but rather a friendly get-together."
Arach has had his Peer review. Paper rejected.

Old 11-17-2018, 06:40 AM

2,512 posts, read 3,060,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yes. Yes it would. Only in Canada, eh.

Pity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I laughed.
Thanks TD and MQ for helping me sort this out. I'd rep you both but C-D computer telling me it's too soon to do so from your last reps...

Old 11-17-2018, 06:45 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

lets us see if me just not being clear.

My claim: humans are in a larger more complex system and we are connected to that system from biology to the fundamental fabric of space.

experiment:

1) complexity verses volume ratio. Using a cell and the number of chemical reactions in that cell over a time interval, compare that ratio to the biosphere's complexity vs volume ratio.

i used the middle numbers for cell dimensions. The volume of biosphere is a little tricker due to the volume of the atmosphere. But include the volume of the atmosphere, it really doesn't change the results.

2) a measurement.

the measurement.

using a meter stick, put a cell, at one end, a virus in the middle, and the LHC on the other end. If you don't know what a LHC is and just how complicated it is, that means you don't even know what you measuring. Be that as it may, use your computer, its good enough.

in your backyard hold the meter stick at arms lengths. Move the meter stick back and forth until the the interactions in your back ground line up to the interactions on the stick. record and take it to your high school teacher.

so harry, it aint me thats BS. this deny everything because of how you feel about religion sect of atheism is BS.

I have to be honest harry. My claim is so sound that I just don't believe you. I have spoken to at 20 professors in the sciences and they all said "yes, I can clearly see it." You actually sound just like a fundy denying evolution.

Like a fundy theist using other fundy theist, you using people that use the tactic of "deny everything we can to stop religion" doesn't really change the fact of my claim. If we are in a larger more complex system and classify humans as life, how do we classify the larger system? lmao harry, its such and easy notion, you denying it telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality