Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2019, 12:37 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times

Advertisements

'''Pacing around my couch with my hands over my ears screaming,'' What are these people saying?''

Thank God for google, maybe I can google and figure out what is happening, maybe the spirit of bigfoot, I don't know, but what is being said?

People use big words to say something like it means something I can't comprehend because the truth is that I can't comprehend.

Let's try, I will sit as a guru and try to levitate, here goes.

''I am seeking my hidden inner man to assimilate all my feelings into one giant wave of undenying force taken from the universe from the being that I am, stardust.

Now I will try and reach the third tier of heaven by focusing on the dark side of the moon because there can be no light without darkness, you see, you see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2019, 12:41 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
Anyone who doesn't realize that they are in hell right now is foolish, study the bible and you will learn what hell is, and the fact that you are in hell right now, it only proves that this isn't your first go round, a third of heaven fell, and a third of heaven has always fell, and a third of heaven will always fall, and this is eternal.

This is hell, anyone wants to debate hell in biblical fact, let's do.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:44 AM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My experiences in altered states convince me that there is a truth to aspects of the experiences that reveal our true Reality. Those that cannot be altered by the meditator or dreamer reflect that Reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Or they may reflect any number of other things. Something as prosaic as not being able to reach a threshold of some neurotransmitter at the moment, for example. We haven't studied lucid dreaming enough to know that some aspect of a dream you can't influence = bedrock reality. What we DO know however is that it's unlikely to be a single factor with a simple, direct causal relationship, so your conclusion is suspicious on that count alone.
I cannot dispute your assertions, mordant, other than to say that my experiences of the unalterable aspects convince ME that they comprise real aspects of our Reality. YMMV.

Old 06-01-2019, 07:23 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Anyone who doesn't realize that they are in hell right now is foolish, study the bible and you will learn what hell is, and the fact that you are in hell right now, it only proves that this isn't your first go round, a third of heaven fell, and a third of heaven has always fell, and a third of heaven will always fall, and this is eternal.

This is hell, anyone wants to debate hell in biblical fact, let's do.
If one ACTUALLY studies the bible, and cross references it with other contemporary knowledge, one realizes that although some of that compendium of multiple books (66 or 73 depending what brand of christian you are), written by multiple authors, plagiarized by some, invented by others.

It presents a questionable morality that endorses slavery, genocide, rape, subjugation of women, and xenophobia on a broad basis. It presents an invented history that rarely is backed up by outside sources, history, contemporary observations or archaeology.

So, even if one takes some of the bible as metaphorical or allegorical, which one could, there are too many parts that only promote hate and violence.

No thanks. There are better philosophies out there, both ancient, and modern.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:34 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
If one ACTUALLY studies the bible, and cross references it with other contemporary knowledge, one realizes that although some of that compendium of multiple books (66 or 73 depending what brand of christian you are), written by multiple authors, plagiarized by some, invented by others.

It presents a questionable morality that endorses slavery, genocide, rape, subjugation of women, and xenophobia on a broad basis. It presents an invented history that rarely is backed up by outside sources, history, contemporary observations or archaeology.

So, even if one takes some of the bible as metaphorical or allegorical, which one could, there are too many parts that only promote hate and violence.

No thanks. There are better philosophies out there, both ancient, and modern.
The Bible is not a philosophy, despite what liberals tell you. It’s a story of redemption.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:37 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
The Bible is not a philosophy, despite what liberals tell you. It’s a story of redemption.
Right...a story.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Right...a story.
It's unfortunate that fundies confuse it with history.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:15 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Exactly. It's a great story. It even has some good moral lessons...and certainly lots of drama.

Old 06-01-2019, 01:32 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,437,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You are fooling yourself. The Bible fulfills its own prophecies over time, and the Old Testament foreshadows the New Testament in ways that clearly show divine authorship.

https://christinprophecy.org/article...he-scriptures/

Old 06-01-2019, 01:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
You are fooling yourself. The Bible fulfills its own prophecies over time, and the Old Testament foreshadows the New Testament in ways that clearly show divine authorship.

https://christinprophecy.org/article...he-scriptures/
Uh-huh.

And Santa brings presents to good children all over the world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality