Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2020, 12:26 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
ok, so you choose number three and you are using your emotional plea to support that. I counter your "evil list" with all the good I see in the world. Things I see: over three hundred thousands children sacrificed to stop slavery and free a people. The amount of charity and good will to help all the things you listed.

heck, I offer humanist views as evidence that god may care. Maybe he made humanism to counter the bad. I see millions of people standing against children traffickers. I see countless million of dollars and resources deployed to stop the things you listed.

ok, so now what?

I listed goods that counter your bad. so lets take it one step further.

I compare "doesn't care at all" to "may care but can't do much to stop it."

I compare "doesn't care at all" to "actually it understands that without this process we don't evolve."

"doesn't care at all just doesn't add up."

The problem of evil means there is a problem with good.

If you stick with "you have the deity wrong." it just makes more sense than "god doesn't care about us at all" The later is just too easily gotten around.
Still confused. I'll offer my view of things and try to answer your points.

"Emotional plea". Nothing emotional about it. It's a cold hard rational analysis of what I see in the world. Countering evil with good is self-defeating because the good never gets close to the evil. They are two entirely separate worlds. The world of human trafficking never comes in contact with anything good. The traffickers run their operation, and law enforcement is completely ineffective to stop it. Very few traffickers are ever caught. If they are very few ever see the inside of a prison. There is no "good" circulating in this shady world.

You want to offer some examples of "good" like Care packages getting shipped to Africa and such. Sure such things are nice. But I NEVER but NEVER give donations to charities because charities like Kids Wish Network and Cancer Fund of America are nothing but organizations licensed to steal. Have a look at how 95% of your hard-earned $$$$'s go to pay for lavish offices, junkets and exorbitant salaries for the boards and only about 5% every reach the people you intended it to go to. Here read this:

https://crateofgood.com/article/corrupt-charities/

Please don't throw that argument at me, "I'd rather see 5% go to the victims than 0%." If that's how you manage your money I don't every want you handling mine.

So as you can see, Arach, even the good you cite has an evil underbelly to it.

If you see countless millions of dollars going to fight this crap then you need glasses. Law enforcement has given up for the most part on trying to stamp out world hunger, trafficking, and the like. The problem of evil is just to vast and widespread. Throwing "countless" millions at it doesn't make a dent. This God you think is so good doesn't lift a finger to stop it. We don't have the resources to stop it. The world is what it is. It's up to the various local law enforcement agencies in the areas where it's happening to do something about it. I am certainly not going to send a check for $1000 to some unknown destination in Zimbabwe to fight trafficking because my money is just going to land in the pocket of some corrupt local cop.

If God can't do anything to stop it then why call Him God? Let Him turn in His badge and give the job to someone more competent.

Doesn't care at all absolutely makes the most sense in this Godless senseless world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2020, 12:33 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,587,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Yikes! Hopefully nothing too bad.

I was born in and lived for most of my life in Maryland, which is kind of a state that perhaps a long time ago was "southern," but really isn't today probably. For the past 5 years I've been in Michigan.

Well, the Society of Friends or Quakers are a diverse group of people that can be hard to quantify, but I might say that it is a bit about the individual having a relationship with God as opposed to a hierarchy telling you what to believe as an intermediary. People are to live outward lives that they get from their inward experiences with God.

Historically speaking we have been disproportionately overrepresented in the abolitionist movement, women's suffrage, pacifist movements, and temperance movements due to common teachings.

https://quakerinfo.org/quakerism/beliefs

Ok....thank you. I also googled it yesterday.........the belief each person can access the light within or god is in all of us.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:39 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Still confused. I'll offer my view of things and try to answer your points.

"Emotional plea". Nothing emotional about it. It's a cold hard rational analysis of what I see in the world. Countering evil with good is self-defeating because the good never gets close to the evil. They are two entirely separate worlds. The world of human trafficking never comes in contact with anything good. The traffickers run their operation, and law enforcement is completely ineffective to stop it. Very few traffickers are ever caught. If they are very few ever see the inside of a prison. There is no "good" circulating in this shady world.

You want to offer some examples of "good" like Care packages getting shipped to Africa and such. Sure such things are nice. But I NEVER but NEVER give donations to charities because charities like Kids Wish Network and Cancer Fund of America are nothing but organizations licensed to steal. Have a look at how 95% of your hard-earned $$$$'s go to pay for lavish offices, junkets and exorbitant salaries for the boards and only about 5% every reach the people you intended it to go to. Here read this:

https://crateofgood.com/article/corrupt-charities/

Please don't throw that argument at me, "I'd rather see 5% go to the victims than 0%." If that's how you manage your money I don't every want you handling mine.

So as you can see, Arach, even the good you cite has an evil underbelly to it.

If you see countless millions of dollars going to fight this crap then you need glasses. Law enforcement has given up for the most part on trying to stamp out world hunger, trafficking, and the like. The problem of evil is just to vast and widespread. Throwing "countless" millions at it doesn't make a dent. This God you think is so good doesn't lift a finger to stop it. We don't have the resources to stop it. The world is what it is. It's up to the various local law enforcement agencies in the areas where it's happening to do something about it. I am certainly not going to send a check for $1000 to some unknown destination in Zimbabwe to fight trafficking because my money is just going to land in the pocket of some corrupt local cop.

If God can't do anything to stop it then why call Him God? Let Him turn in His badge and give the job to someone more competent.

Doesn't care at all absolutely makes the most sense in this Godless senseless world.
but he will do that. but his hour has not come yet... he is still camp/home base.. ready..... and you will be even more upset with him when he does do that ..
so when he gives you what you think you want, well just don't rise up to fight him or his ..
because he will do what you appear to want in this moment anyway..( or is is really just strawman of accusation of God and Man in Satans's disguise?)...

so for the benefit of that doubt...
his day is starting soon .... but it means turning over everything and starting all over...like in the days of Noah..
Not one of us are prepared for that, I promise....but under that much stress, we all will find out exactly what we really believe in..and what owns us because we are only submitted to them.. and who it is who will have us...

Old 05-19-2020, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
but he will and you willbe even more upset with him when he does..
so when he gives you what you think you wantm just don't rise up to fight him or his ..
because he will do what you appear to want in this moment anyway..( or is is really just accusation of God and Man in Satans's disguise?)... so for the benefit of that doubt...
his day it starting.... but it means turning over everything and starting all over...like in the days of Noah..
Not one of us are prepared for that, I promise....but under that much stress, we all will find out exactly what we really believe in..and what owns us because we are only submitted to them..and who it is who will have us...

Welll...I never expected to see you in this part of the world, X. Eh, I won't hold my breath waiting for God and Jesus and all that. Been there, done that. Historical evidence shows there's IS no historical evidence for Jesus, son of God. It's all just a lot of phony baloney. Maybe you'll wake up to it once day, but probably you won't. You seem to be saturated in it up to your ears and over your head. But hey, if believing in all this nonsense gives you comfort I say, "Go for it!" I think it's better for your body if you get high on Jesus. Better certainly than getting high on glue, booze and Marijuana. Not sure about the psyche part though. Eh, it's probably okay if you're not suffering ill-effects like doubts, wavering faith, uncertainty and other psychological difficulties.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:48 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,731,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte;58152080

[I
Doesn't care at all[/i] absolutely makes the most sense in this Godless senseless world.
God has always offered mankind mercy...

as seen By all the facts about mankind presented in this thread ...
mercy and grace and peace ..is something men do not have and few are even capable of , neither do they recognize it , or recognize as a gifts anyway.
in God alone.. these is available for those who ask.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
God has always offered mankind mercy...

as seen By all the facts about mankind presented in this thread ...
mercy and grace and peace ..is something men do not have and few are even capable of , neither do they recognize it , or recognize as a gifts anyway.
in God alone.. these is available for those who ask.

God can stuff His mercy. Let Him roll up His sleeves and offer some real help...like zapping 50% of the traffickers with Coronavirus and cancer or something. Let Him do something that has an actual effect on stopping all the evil plaguing this world instead of offering something as useless as mercy. Pitiful.

Old 05-19-2020, 12:56 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,795,410 times
Quote:
God can stuff His mercy. Let Him roll up His sleeves and offer some real help...like zapping 50% of the traffickers with Coronavirus and cancer or something. Let Him do something that has an actual effect on stopping all the evil plaguing this world instead of offering something as useless as mercy. Pitiful.
Thrill....I only have ONE thing to say to you....

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

Look up the lyrics...

Old 05-19-2020, 01:29 PM

63,848 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I listed goods that counter your bad. so lets take it one step further.

I compare "doesn't care at all" to "may care but can't do much to stop it."

I compare "doesn't care at all" to "actually it understands that without this process we don't evolve."

"doesn't care at all just doesn't add up."

The problem of evil means there is a problem with good.

If you stick with "you have the deity wrong." it just makes more sense than "God doesn't care about us at all" The latter is just too easily gotten around.
Nicely done, Arach.

Old 05-19-2020, 02:15 PM

2,962 posts, read 865,258 times
Quote:
So much righteous indignation and hubris as you criticize God. You remind me of a child having a tantrum, telling their parents they hate them, in a ploy to get the parents to show them more love. Are you hoping that God sees you as a squeaky wheel, takes pity on you and pulls you close to His bosom? Are playing the part of the wounded sparrow? Is this a pity-party?

Old 05-19-2020, 02:32 PM

50,873 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasmadenew View Post
So much righteous indignation and hubris as you criticize God. You remind me of a child having a tantrum, telling their parents they hate them, in a ploy to get the parents to show them more love. Are you hoping that God sees you as a squeaky wheel, takes pity on you and pulls you close to His bosom? Are playing the part of the wounded sparrow? Is this a pity-party?
Another poor analysis of someone else's motives. If there is a god, he's a do-nothing god. Stop excusing him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality