Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2020, 03:58 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,619,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Absolutely, thrill...If I can dish it out, I'd BETTER be able to take it...right? Go for it...
good luck young man. I don't mean winning or losing, I mean learning to honestly look at yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2020, 03:58 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,804,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
All right, Mink. Shall you start or shall I? I have 5 posts to ask you questions and you respond and you have 5 posts to ask me and I respond. Total 20 posts. Agreed?
W-w-w-wait. You said that *YOU* could do this. So, YOU start.

Five posts? *swallows hard*. O.k. Start....*wipes sweat off of brow, hoping it's not Coronavirus* I'd high five you, but with social distancing and all....

After all, it's YOUR thread, thrill. So YOU call the shots....

Old 05-17-2020, 04:09 PM

11,083 posts, read 6,024,649 times
Quote:

Five posts? *swallows hard*. O.k. Start....*wipes sweat off of brow, hoping it's not Coronavirus* I'd high five you, but with social distancing and all....

Aah, Mink. You're pulling an Iwas on us.

Just kidding.

Old 05-17-2020, 04:11 PM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Tread carefully, Mink, he is very off-balance and vengeful. You risk being perceived as one of those who perpetrated what he sees as a dangerous fraud on him. His treatment of our innocent QB is probative.

Old 05-17-2020, 04:17 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,965,861 times
Quote:

No, no, I want to be fair. I mean this is like a flyweight venturing into the heavyweight division. I don't want to hurt you too badly.

If you want more than 5 posts, fine let's agree on 7 with an option for 3 more each with either of the parties having the freedom to bow out and cry "Uncle!" if they get too bloodied. As I am going to take a 2 hour nap right now you're welcome to start, or you can wait until I get up, but I advise you to hit me with your best shot while I'm bleary and half-asleep after getting up. It might give you a fighting chance. Your call. If I don't see anything from you I'll assume you decided to let me go first. Talk to you in maybe 3 hours.

Old 05-17-2020, 04:23 PM

18,255 posts, read 16,965,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
maybe, but for you and me. Think of how the you now can speak to the you of then and get through to him.

To me, You make your position look anti-god-ish. anti- something more not more deities. When in fact, you know the science points to anti-god as silly a notion as a biblegod.

How can you get through to you?

If I could talk to my 18 year old self I'd say, "You're probably not going to listen me, kid but I want you to know the whole "following God" thing is only for losers who haven't got anything better to spend their lives on. You find very few successful people earning fortunes or engaged in making the world a better place engaged in preaching about God. Sure, He exists, but He couldn't give a damn about you and the sooner you find this out the better off you will be."

But I probably wouldn't have listened to me. Churchill said, "Youth is wasted on the young." How right he was.

Old 05-17-2020, 04:30 PM

1,763 posts, read 764,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Thrill suffers from extreme abreaction to his prior belief in God in a fundamentalist church that induced him to expect unreasonable things from God based on the magical thinking he was indoctrinated with. Psychological abreactions are usually very severe because they are born of years of accumulated frustration and are generally broadly projected to any and all targets that resemble the earlier frustrations. It is not you personally that is the focus of his unbridled rage, QB. He is indiscriminately discharging his pent up frustrations. Your trust in a loving God is justified.
Thanks, you are a blessing to these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
…...

In my concept of evil, nothing could possibly be more evil than hacking babies to death. Yet, according to the Bible, YOUR GOD ordered it done!

So the question becomes, Is supporting and justifying hacking babies to death evil? Is the very act of worshiping a deity that would order the hacking of babies to death evil?

Perhaps the larger question here is, do you really fully comprehend what it is that you think you believe? Or is your understanding little more than the result of a lifetime of indoctrination? The same sort of indoctrination that the faithful of every other belief system the world over have undergone.
I am glad that you are Pro-Life too.

All atheists believe that the Bible was not written by God.

Some Christians also believe that the Bible was not written by God.

If a Christian believes that the Bible was written by God then they are likely to believe that evil is not subjective and such morals are completely set by God in the Bible in that case any action of God in the Bible is not evil as he sets the standard for righteousness.

If a Christian doesn't believe that the Bible was written or not completely written by God as some early Quakers argued then they aren't held to every literal translation of the Bible.

Quote:
Look, Quaker, it's not a sin to be 18. It's not expected of you to be seasoned and mature like someone my age because frankly it's impossible. The kind of maturity I have only comes about with years and experience. I can tell you that you are naïve and be pretty accurate because kids your age are naïve. That's to be expected of them.

Moderator cut: Quoted post edited

Perhaps you mean you exercised your freewill to stay faithful to Jesus. Young girls do that. The only ones I can think of who don't are the ones who testify about being sexually abused so horrifically as children that they lose all hope and belief in God, and who can blame them? Their innocence, their psyche is shattered. Frankly, the talk of Jesus loving them sounds so ludicrous to them as to be insulting. Again, who can blame them? For them, Jesus was nowhere to be seen, heard or felt during their darkest days and nights. Again, you seem not to be able to pick up on this kind of despair, Quaker. Part of your naïvety probably. Maybe insensitivity too, who knows.
I am a full adult. I am not an infant. I turn 19 next month for heaven's sake. 19. I am a legal adult. Please stop acting like I am a child looking at the world as kittens and bubble machines. I've also been working hard since age 15 to make money and I had to help with many things since my father was often not as productive/stable as I would have preferred.

...with that said.

When I was assaulted Jesus didn't leave me.

I had choices from freewill...I could try to hit or claw his face...I didn't...I am a pacifist...he had been drinking and I was able to wiggle my mouth free multiple times and I was able to scream. People were able to come to my rescue before he did too much and I am a bit too bothered to go into all of the details at the moment. He put constraints on my freewill with his freewill, but I had some choices of my response.

I am upset with myself that I didn't report it. That was also my freewill. I was pressured not to by the very people who helped stop it, because he was on the college's football team and "millions of people in Spartan Nation" would be upset with me...and blah blah blah……..so I didn't. I am also upset with myself as I kind of hold a grudge against the whole college itself...and I know that isn't the right thing.

Can we just drop it for now..before I get anxiety.

Quote:
My heaven's, Quaker, so serious! Calm down. Nothing I said was meant to be insulting. I told you it's no sin to be naïve at 18. When I was your age I was 10x's more naïve than you. Why so violent??
You've made snide comments on other threads and most people will think it is aggressive to call them naïve, immature, error in thoughts, etc...

Calling me violent isn't nice as I am a pacifist that has shown no violence to you.

Please, I am 18...that is a full adult...enough with the you're a naïve child stuff.

Also...calling me immature? How so...I don't call you names. I've worked hard since age 15 to help with food and my clothes. I am a hard worker, I babysit. Everyone says I am extremely responsible that is mature.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 05-18-2020 at 06:27 AM..

Old 05-17-2020, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Aah, Mink. You're pulling an Iwas on us.

Just kidding.

LOLOL!! *virtually high-five's Guy* Yeah...what the hey. I'll take the bait. I mean, after all...what do I REALLY have to lose? Not like thrill's going to convert me or anything (...but *shhhhhh…* don't tell HIM that....)

Our discussion is GOOD! It's banter....it's fine...

Old 05-17-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Tread carefully, Mink, he is very off-balance and vengeful. You risk being perceived as one of those who perpetrated what he sees as a dangerous fraud on him. His treatment of our innocent QB is probative.
I understand, Mystic. And I thank you for your support. I don't see him as "off balance"....

Misguided,, perhaps...

Old 05-17-2020, 05:23 PM

63,944 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
I understand, Mystic. And I thank you for your support. I don't see him as "off balance"....
Misguided,, perhaps...
Perhaps, but to verbally abuse an 18-year-old rape victim qualifies as a bit unbalanced to me, Mink.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality