Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2020, 01:43 PM

63,826 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I don't recall saying otherwise. Yes, one must trust Christ to be saved. That's the Gospel. It's what the Bible says.
Yes, one actually has to trust in Christ. That's really the issue, isn't it? You're bothered by the fact that God actually expects us to come to him on his terms.
That is what men have interpreted the Bible to say which is NOT trusting Christ, it is trusting the Bible! Instead of believing a bunch of things ABOUT Jesus, we are just supposed to BE like Jesus IS. He doesn't believe a bunch of "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Him. He believes our Father IS agape love and He perfectly manifests God's agape love and He did so even in the face of horrendous scourging and crucifixion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2020, 01:49 PM

50,846 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Sin is that bad.
But here's the problem -- what you're preaching...that's sinful to me.

Old 12-22-2020, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Sure, Doc. I'm not the one that bases my beliefs off of what verse I pick and choose based on my own feelings. I believe all of Scripture. Like it or not.
You are incorrigible and apparently an unabashed liar since you keep repeating these lies about my beliefs. As a Christian, my beliefs are based on Christ's revelations and demonstration of God's true nature as agape love, NOT my own feelings as I have repeatedly told you. Blindly believing EVERYTHING in the Bible has corrupted your understanding. STOP lying about my beliefs if you have ANY decency or honesty in your seemingly corrupted Soul.

Old 12-22-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post

Old 12-22-2020, 04:51 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You are incorrigible and apparently an unabashed liar since you keep repeating these lies about my beliefs. As a Christian, my beliefs are based on Christ's revelations and demonstration of God's true nature as agape love, NOT my own feelings as I have repeatedly told you. Blindly believing EVERYTHING in the Bible has corrupted your understanding. STOP lying about my beliefs if you have ANY decency or honesty in your seemingly corrupted Soul.
You've told me that you "test" everything, even the Bible. If it doesn't pass your test, it's wrong, and you're correct. Am I wrong? Did I misrepresent you there?

Old 12-22-2020, 04:52 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Oh, I have no doubt that you love your sin and hate the holiness of God. You've made that clear to me.

Old 12-22-2020, 04:58 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,872,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
In other words, you call yourself a Christian, but you have no respect for the centuries of traditional faith?

It's as if all the Christians of history carried their faith to the present day, just so you could use little bits from the Bible to create your own personal religion. It was all done just to serve you?

Why do you even associate with Christianity at all, then? Why not embrace the Sufi traditions in the same way? Or the principles of Hinduism?

Why would you even choose to pick the Christian label if you are going to reject its doctrines? Even reject the Trinity?

Old 12-22-2020, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Oh, I have no doubt that you love your sin and hate the holiness of God. You've made that clear to me.
Talk about a massive misstatement of my view! I said what YOU are doing is sinful to me.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
In other words, you call yourself a Christian, but you have no respect for the centuries of traditional faith?

It's as if all the Christians of history carried their faith to the present day, just so you could use little bits from the Bible to create your own personal religion. It was all done just to serve you?

Why do you even associate with Christianity at all, then? Why not embrace the Sufi traditions in the same way? Or the principles of Hinduism?

Why would you even choose to pick the Christian label if you are going to reject its doctrines? Even reject the Trinity?
In other words, if one doesn't agree with your version of christianity...hit the road.

Old 12-22-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

Simple. I have no respect for the primitive and barbaric "precepts and doctrines of men" created and followed in the Christian religions because they are NOT the basis of Christianity - Jesus Christ IS! I follow Jesus, NOT the Bible. The Bible is a source of information ABOUT Jesus, but Jesus and His "mind of Christ" as described and demonstrated unambiguously by Him is how I know the "mind of God" and His Holy Spirit of agape love Your acceptance of the millennia-old primitive and barbaric beliefs and practices of our ancient ancestors corrupts your understanding of the "mind of Christ" and causes your misunderstanding of Christ's Gospel (Good News) that IS the core of Christianity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality