Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2020, 08:08 AM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Is that the best example of an analogy you could come up with, BF?
I can’t wait to see you present these ‘many verses’. And, if Paul IS stating what you believe he is then Paul is contradicting the Bible big time! I don’t believe that he is in contradiction, by the way. I believe that it’s you and not he that has gotten it wrong. There ARE other explanations for Paul’s statement that align with other scriptures on the subject.
Paul – as is typically his style of writing – is simply using an expression just as he does in Colossians 2:5 where he states similarly, “For though I am absent in the flesh, yet I am with you in spirit.” Here’s another:
For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died; and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again. Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him thus no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:14-17 NKJV
Paul’s reference to being absent from the body and to be present with Christ is ongoing as we live on this earth. We see it here in Ephesians too:
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, Ephesians 2:4-6 NKJV
<snip>Well, quite clearly you can't handle the truth.
* Credit goes to Jack Nicholson for that quote.

No it doesn’t. You’ve simply been brainwashed into believing that it does. Moreover, even having been brainwashed with this evil belief should SURELY go against your own personal sense of morality, should it not? Would you honestly be comfortable sitting on your throne in heaven knowing that this thing that you kowtow to is presently enabling your friends and loved ones to be in literal torment?
I almost hate to wait for your answer, BF.
Good Post. BapFun doesn't judge what he has been told about God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 08:31 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,024,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Good Post. BapFun doesn't judge what he has been told about God.
Your view of God is too small if you believe that he is not sovereign to do what he wants with his own creation.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:38 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
That's probably the most creative twisting of that Scripture that I've heard. Congratulations. Did you come up with that on your own?

At this point I guess we're done here. You are quite clearly going to stick to your convoluted understanding, or make up an alternate idea to believe regardless of what I say.
What amazes me is that you cannot conceive of the idea that what is bolded is almost exactly what a non-believer see in you.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
What amazes me is that you cannot conceive of the idea that what is bolded is almost exactly what a non-believer see in you.
Difference being is that I base my views of God on the Bible. A non-believer, such as the ones on this thread, base their views on their feelings or opinions.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:49 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
Difference being is that I base my views of God on the Bible. A non-believer, such as the ones on this thread, base their views on their feelings or opinions.
I disagree. we base the belief in something more (undefined due to many of them) on what we actually see around us to the best of our ability. You god in the bible doesnt match. You have parts correct and parts not so much.

Old 12-30-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I disagree. we base the belief in something more (undefined due to many of them) on what we actually see around us to the best of our ability. You god in the bible doesnt match. You have parts correct and parts not so much.
So it's your opinion of how things work.

Old 12-30-2020, 09:25 AM

81 posts, read 37,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMDolan View Post
How curious then that your highly educated & quite clear understanding of the bible's term "perish" , so clear in fact that you quoted it in bold type " PERISH "just two pages ago as you elaborated to all those displaying such " ignorance" on it's biblical meaning, has suddenly disappeared from both your lexicon & your memory .
Very interesting sudden onset of total memory loss.

Are you sure you have completely forgotten your " quite clearly " understanding regarding the meaning of "PERISH" you elaborated so in depth on ?

It was only two pages ago after all ?

Short term memory loss of that severity could often be an indicator of a more serious medical issue .
You may want to get yourself checked out .

I certainly hope for your well being that yours is a case of totally manufactured memory loss .

Listen up, smart guy …stop playing your silly game with me. I’m here to dispel that archaic and sadistic myth believed by most Christians that “literal eternal torment awaits the unbeliever” as per the thread title. Savvy?

NOW, if you should have your own personal take on the thread subject and can offer something constructive then let's be hearing from you.
[/quote]

Memory loss as dramatic as your demonstrated total inability to recall so much as a syllable of your in depth explanation of the biblical meaning of " PERISH " just a couple of days is indeed a very serious issue.

Both medically and possibly psychologically .

Old 12-30-2020, 11:09 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,584,564 times
Quote:
So it's your opinion of how things work.
no, I am happy to put your process in sorting through all the different beliefs on the table to discuss and see where it is better than mine.

I don't run from, ignore, and report any belief I don't like. I am happy to learn.

Old 12-30-2020, 11:21 AM

50,822 posts, read 24,335,838 times
Quote:
No, that's not necessarily true.

First of all, it's not true because you are all wrapped up in your own religion, and much of that is based on emotion, as your posts often indicate.

Second, I base many of my views on Buddhist scripture, which is just as noble and tested as your christian scriptures.

And I'm sure that Hindus have some sort of scriptures that they base their beliefs on.

Honestly, you need to get over yourself (yourselves).

Old 12-30-2020, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
No, that's not necessarily true.

First of all, it's not true because you are all wrapped up in your own religion, and much of that is based on emotion, as your posts often indicate.
Do you know what my religion is?

I'm a Christian. We go by the bible. It's God's Word. So my belief is based on God's Word.
Quote:
Second, I base many of my views on Buddhist scripture, which is just as noble and tested as your christian scriptures.

And I'm sure that Hindus have some sort of scriptures that they base their beliefs on.
To this point, the discussion has been about atheists vs religious, specifically Christian. Not sure that's really relevant. But thanks for your attempt at a viable point.
Quote:
Honestly, you need to get over yourself (yourselves).
You're the one that is hanging out on a religious message board to attack and mock Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality