Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2021, 03:49 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Perhaps it's 'what answers?'. Religion may come up with more pleasing answers than science. But are they true? I think the truth is, after all, better.
You couldn't care less about the truth. You have a mission that is devoid of truth.
Quote:
Hardly worth the effort, is it?
You do have things locked down pretty tight, however you managed it, Arq. There certainly is no logic or reason behind any of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
This isn't a thread about what "Reality" is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Answers about what then???? "Has religion ever come up with a better answer than science?" Science only provides answers about Reality.
<crickets>???
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Hardly worth the effort, is it?
Yes, it seems so.
Quote:
You atheists do have things locked down pretty tight, however it was managed, Arq. There certainly is no truth, logic, or reason behind any of it.
I keep trying to use truth, logic, and reason, but they seem completely impotent against whatever is driving the utterly inexcusable bias in here.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 03-08-2021 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 03-08-2021, 05:08 PM

16,679 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
<crickets>???
Yes, it seems so.
I keep trying to use truth, logic, and reason, but they seem completely impotent against whatever is driving the utterly inexcusable bias in here.
Sorry you feel this way.

Old 03-08-2021, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
Sorry you feel this way.
Well, Bless your heart. Sorry, but I have difficulty believing you about that, mensa.

Old 03-08-2021, 06:23 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,608,117 times
Quote:
<crickets>???
Yes, it seems so.
Doesn’t that conflict with your faith belief?

“To me, faith is your belief that what you believe is true.â€

Old 03-09-2021, 12:28 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,750,770 times
Quote:
You couldn't care less about the truth. You have a mission that is devoid of truth. You do have things locked down pretty tight, however you managed it, Arq. There certainly is no logic or reason behind any of it.

Since I don't have a popcorn eating gif, here's something more worthwhile than Mystic's direputable efforts above.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZvQEOOpOnw

Old 03-09-2021, 02:35 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,657,729 times
Quote:
<crickets>???
Yes, it seems so.
It's actually quite a trip...a forum where a large percentage of the posts bash the subject of the forum, and criticize and insult the people that embrace it!
Even more of a trip...my twisted mind finds that to be one of the main attractions to it.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:46 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
It's actually quite a trip...a forum where a large percentage of the posts bash the subject of the forum, and criticize and insult the people that embrace it!
Even more of a trip...my twisted mind finds that to be one of the main attractions to it.
You, like a number of others, are clearly looking for a praise forum. This is a discussion of the topic forum. Two completely different things.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:49 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,594,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You, like a number of others, are clearly looking for a praise forum. This is a discussion of the topic forum. Two completely different things.
He means that I don't hang in garden forums telling "Whats the point? Cut the lawn and trim the bushes and move on." But I suspect you know but don't care.

Old 03-09-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I do not consider myself a slow learner, but it has taken me more than a decade to absorb the cumulative frustration of thinking there were legitimate minds here that simply didn't understand my views. I have come to realize, internalize, and eliminate the abreaction to that obviously mistaken fantasy. This forum and its proponents seem to have a very specific agenda regarding religion and spirituality that is completely devoid of reason, rationality, or any desire to even try genuinely to understand plausible alternative views of Reality. It really is a kind of mirror image Gldn forum in so many ways, my friend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality