Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2021, 09:17 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
After being pulled up short on the other thread...you are trying to set me up to get jammed here too, maybe even worse...while you know mensa's trigger finger might be itchy.
That's low-down...but I'm not a sucker.
That's rich. I respond to your post, following up on a statement YOU made, and I am somehow the one setting YOU up? You set your own self up, old chum.

The delusion must be hip-deep where you live.

I was correct when I predicted "blow hard", and you didn't fail to come through on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2021, 09:31 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Sorry, a 50/50 chance does not make it fact.

Old 07-10-2021, 09:33 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Water View Post
That's rich. I respond to your post, following up on a statement YOU made, and I am somehow the one setting YOU up? You set your own self up, old chum. The delusion must be hip-deep where you live.
I made a statement here that I believe was "within bounds".
But, now, your response requests me to follow with greater detail...that you know would get me jammed up, like in the other thread...you even noted the post #.

Old 07-10-2021, 10:14 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,085,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo1234 View Post
The question applies to any supernatural god/God (singular or plural), worshiped under any religion or any type of non religion. It's also obviously directed towards theists. Non theists are welcome to comment on the theist replies. To all people ..... please don't abuse or denigrate anyone.

In my opinion, if you "know" a god exists that means you don't have "faith and belief" a god exists. Why? Because you "know". For example, I don't have belief and faith that planet Earth exists, I know it exists.

In my opinion, if you have "belief and faith" a god exists then that means you don't "know". Why? Because faith and belief are required because you don't "know". For example, I have faith and belief that physical aliens exist, but I don't know they exist.

So theists, which do you have ..... a "belief" that a god exists or do you "know" a god exists?
Also, if you say you "know" a god exists, will you admit you don't have "belief and faith" that a god exists?

Remember, saying "I believe I know god exists" or "I know I believe god exists" are not proper answers (and you know it).
Reverse the question.
Do you KNOW that God does NOT exist, or do you have a believe that God does NOT exist?

This should help you find the answer to your own OP.

Old 07-10-2021, 10:18 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,648,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry, a 50/50 chance does not make it fact.
No...but it proves my point that you cannot make valid absolute statements.
Like, "X exists, no faith required."
And...since nothing is "for sure", all you have is nothing but "Faith and Belief"...it's all anyone has ever had.
It also makes all demands for "proof" and "objective evidence & facts" bogus...because it's all potentially invalid.
The best you can do is give your opinion of where something falls on the Probability Scale. Like I've always said.

Old 07-10-2021, 10:52 PM

2,400 posts, read 782,608 times
Quote:
I made a statement here that I believe was "within bounds".
But, now, your response requests me to follow with greater detail...that you know would get me jammed up, like in the other thread...you even noted the post #.
Paranoia.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:37 PM

128 posts, read 39,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Reverse the question.
Do you KNOW that God does NOT exist, or do you have a believe that God does NOT exist?

This should help you find the answer to your own OP.

This topic is not about "me".

Please understand, I did not start this topic in order to provide "my" answers to the topic. As stated in my opening post, I am seeking the views of THEISTS and also the reactions of non theists to those theistic responses.

Old 07-10-2021, 11:59 PM

16,769 posts, read 4,976,506 times
Quote:
According to one scientist (who is so top he does not even have a Wikipedia page), who basically relies on the principle of indifference. And if you start with 50/50 odds (a trilemma is actually 33%) and add no other data, you will remain with a 50/50, which equates to we do not know one way or the other and we have no other data to move the odds.

Old 07-11-2021, 12:01 AM

16,769 posts, read 4,976,506 times
Quote:
Details, please. Photos would be a big help.

This may be it, folks. Clear evidence of god. Or, it just may be more "blow-hard".

But please, Gldn don't let my, and everyone else's, skepticism stop you, fill us in on the details of this sighting.
Please, no, let us not have another thread derail. It will just be his usual word games.

Old 07-11-2021, 12:12 AM

33,531 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Paranoia.
Stronger than paranoia... Drugs, delusions or both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality