Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2021, 08:23 AM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo1234 View Post
Now back to the Topic ......
Theists, do you believe any supernatural god exists or do you know any supernatural god exists?
You have deliberately biased the OP against any conceivable evidence by using the adjective "supernatural." The only evidence science is able to gather is "natural." This is direct evidence that this is a "baiting"post designed to provide opportunities to mock or ridicule any whose beliefs or experiences cause them to know God exists. This is also why the OP considers Gldn's God and posts baiting because it involves a completely "natural" God and does NOT involve any "supernatural" God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2021, 08:49 AM

50,859 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Anyone can slant any moral point in order to feel morally superior. That's ok, that's one trait of humans. Our species is not nearly as intellectually advanced as we think we are.
Funny you mention this (and it's a good observation). Yesterday as I was reading a few posts, I starting thinking that a couple of our posters have fallen into the category of "religious nut". And let me make clear, very few christians or other religionists fit into that category. And it has to do with feeling religiously superior...and acting on it.

Old 07-11-2021, 09:01 AM

128 posts, read 39,575 times
I hope that we eventually get lots of decent and honorable theists to reply to my original question with honesty and integrity. There's many theists who "don't" try to ridicule and abuse people who ask them to explain their perspectives with honestly.
The obvious abusers (theists and non theists) here should be ignored by me and others, and I welcome any replies from non abusive and decent theists (my original question concerns theism) , and offer thanks in advance for your upcoming honest and non abusive replies. Thank you.

Last edited by Jumbo1234; 07-11-2021 at 09:52 AM..

Old 07-11-2021, 09:19 AM

16,786 posts, read 4,992,682 times
Quote:
I hope that we eventually get lots of decent and honorable theists to reply to my original question with honesty and integrity. There's many theists who "don't" try to ridicule and abuse people who ask them to explain their perspectives with honestly.
The obvious trolls will be ignored by me, and I welcome any replies from non abusive and decent theists, and offer thanks in advance for your upcoming honest and non abusive replies. Thank you.
To be fair, some of your posts do look as if you are here to challenge the religious, which will be used by those who want to argue about tone instead of addressing the post.

Also, calling others trolls is against the rules.

Old 07-11-2021, 10:55 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,092,120 times
Quote:
Anyone can slant any moral point in order to feel morally superior. That's ok, that's one trait of humans. Our species is not nearly as intellectually advanced as we think we are.
??
What does this even mean and how is it connected to what I posted?

The question was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Do you KNOW that God does NOT exist, or do you have a believe that God does NOT exist?
Let’s try again to get your answer. And we will move on to address the OP.

Old 07-11-2021, 05:56 PM

22,227 posts, read 19,238,916 times
Quote:
This topic is not about "me".

Please understand, I did not start this topic in order to provide "my" answers to the topic. As stated in my opening post, I am seeking the views of THEISTS and also the reactions of non theists to those theistic responses.
if you can't answer the question when it is asked to you about your own views,
do you "believe god does not exist" or do you "KNOW god does not exist"

then it's akin to someone serving up a meal, insisting and demanding guests eat it, but refusing to eat it yourself.
your motives for serving up the meal, pressuring others to eat it, yet refusing to eat it yourself
reveal shall we say an agenda that is suspicious and not benign
in spite of the oily fawning

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 07-11-2021 at 06:37 PM..

Old 07-11-2021, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
To be fair, some of your posts do look as if you are here to challenge the religious, which will be used by those who want to argue about tone instead of addressing the post.
Also, calling others trolls is against the rules.
bold above, of course he is.
it's utterly transparent.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 07-11-2021 at 06:14 PM..

Old 07-11-2021, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Folks, GldnRule is just baiting you (and every time you reply to him he feels like he's winning, regardless of what you write). This topic will only advance if you reply only to genuine, non baiting posts.
that rules out the opening post then

Old 07-11-2021, 06:05 PM

63,833 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
if you can't answer the question when it is asked to you about your own views,
do you "believe god does not exist" or do you "KNOW god does not exist"

then it's akin to someone serving up a meal, insisting and demanding guests eat it, but refusing to eat it yourself.
your motives for serving up the meal, pressuring others to eat it, yet refusing to eat it yourself
reveal shall we say an agenda that is not benign
in spite of the oily fawning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
that rules out the opening post then

Old 07-11-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
The obvious abusers (theists and non theists) here should be ignored by me and others, and I welcome any replies from non abusive and decent theists (my original question concerns theism) , and offer thanks in advance for your upcoming honest and non abusive replies. Thank you.
and when a post or thread is deemed decent and honorable, with honesty and integrity,
then we'll consider it.

based on posts thus far, this thread does not meet those named criteria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality