Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2021, 10:20 PM

22,218 posts, read 19,238,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo1234 View Post
The self deception practiced by GldnRule that his perception equals reality and truth says it all.
What he has is a "belief". He has nothing more than faith and belief, but regardless of anything whatsoever he'll never admit it.

Folks, it's 100% pointless trying to debate with GldnRule, because just like other religious fundamentalists he will never, under any circumstances, admit that his perception could be inaccurate. Why? Because his feeling of self worth depends on him feeling that he's right, and feeling that anyone who does not agree with him must be wrong.
But he's human, and he has the right in a free society to not think normally and to reject normal thought from others.
normal in this world is 84% of the world population identifying with a religion (=84%). That is 2015 Pew data.
Normal in the USA is 75% of adults say they believe in God (2013 UPI / Harris poll). And of those in USA who do not identify with a religion, only 2.4% of them self-identify as atheist. A 2004 CIA survey shows 2.4% of world population is atheist.

since the post above brings up "to reject normal thought" "to not think normally" and "self deception"
an example of that would be looking at the data just presented, and trying to argue that 84% is not normal and 2.4% is normal.

that's funny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2021, 10:42 PM

50,851 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
normal in this world is 84% of the world population identifying with a religion (=84%). That is 2015 Pew data.
Normal in the USA is 75% of adults say they believe in God (2013 UPI / Harris poll). And of those in USA who do not identify with a religion, only 2.4% of them self-identify as atheist. A 2004 CIA survey shows 2.4% of world population is atheist.

since the post above brings up "to reject normal thought" "to not think normally" and "self deception"
an example of that would be looking at the data just presented, and trying to argue that 84% is not normal and 2.4% is normal.

that's funny
Lincoln's quote still works: “You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

Old 07-12-2021, 11:24 PM

128 posts, read 39,575 times
More personal abuse from GldnRule. It's his major tactic when he doesn't like people who don't agree with him.
He will never stop honorable, decent people from expressing views that he doesn't agree with, no matter how abusive he gets.
People here like GldnRule and Arach Angle and just 1 or 2 others will always be loved by me, they never ever upset me, and never ever prevent me from expressing views that they don't agree with, no matter how abusive they become.

Last edited by Jumbo1234; 07-12-2021 at 11:35 PM..

Old 07-12-2021, 11:50 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
More personal abuse from GldnRule. It's his major tactic when he doesn't like people who don't agree with him.
He will never stop honorable, decent people from expressing views that he doesn't agree with, no matter how abusive he gets.
People here like GldnRule and Arach Angle and just 1 or 2 others will always be loved by me, they never ever upset me, and never ever prevent me from expressing views that they don't agree with, no matter how abusive they become.
You are upset...that is why you are whining about how Tzaphkiel had to educate you to the fact that believing in & knowing God is what's "normal" thought in this world (84%)...and the proof was shown that it's YOU, who doesn't know God, (2.4%) that lacks and rejects that "normal" thought.
You should listen to Tzaphkiel and learn something about how things really are.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:04 AM

To GldnRule, you are not to blame for your behavior. It's likely been ingrained into you via life's experiences.

You can change. Abuse is one negative aspect of human behavior, and many people have changed and have found ways to respect others who have different opinions.
Be positive, be kind, be accepting. You can do it.
I love you.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:34 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
To GldnRule, you are not to blame for your behavior. It's likely been ingrained into you via life's experiences.

You can change. Abuse is one negative aspect of human behavior, and many people have changed and have found ways to respect others who have different opinions.
Be positive, be kind, be accepting. You can do it.
I love you.
Fortunately for you...you have come to a place where people like Arach, Tzaphkiel, and others can help to educate you.
It will bode you well as you go forth in life.
So...that is a very positive thing.

Old 07-13-2021, 12:50 AM

See GldnRule, you can be non abusive. You wrote 3 lines with no personal abuse. That will help you cope and live a happy life. Excellent.

Old 07-15-2021, 07:13 AM

16,677 posts, read 15,684,725 times
OK, folks. This thread is being reopened. Some explanation is in order.

First, a bunch of posts were deleted. One member started talking about Pantheism, which is off topic, but several others decided to reply instead of reporting the post. If your post was included, it will be reflected in the reason given for the deletion. Report problem posts. Don't reply to them.

Second, we had a problem with a quoted post. Most of us know that you can edit a post as soon as you submit it and there is no "Last Edited By" notice. Many of us do this when we spot a typo as soon as we submit a post. As near as I can ascertain at this time, the forum software seems to allow 5 minutes for this to occur. (Beyond that, you have 90 minutes to edit your own post.)

A post was made. It appears to be quoted by another member, but the quoted post is different from the original. The second post, not immediately following the first, was made 5 minutes after the first, meaning that the quoted part was cached less than 5 minutes after it was submitted. Because of that 5 minute window, I have no way to determine with any certainty what happened.

Beyond that, discussing the problem and making accusations about each other in the public thread is not the best way to deal with it. Report the problem. Send a Direct Message to a moderator. Maybe you need to make ONE post saying you have reported a problem in the thread so people don't keep posting about it.

The moderators are not watching every thread 24 hours every day. We sleep. We cook. We eat. We watch TV. We interact with other people. We MIGHT see a problem post, but you can't assume that we will unless you report a problem or notify us that an issue exists.

Now, the thread is reopened. Try to stay somewhat close to the topic.

Old 07-15-2021, 02:48 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Quote:
The question applies to any supernatural god/God (singular or plural), worshiped under any religion or any type of non religion. It's also obviously directed towards theists. Non theists are welcome to comment on the theist replies. To all people ..... please don't abuse or denigrate anyone.

In my opinion, if you "know" a god exists that means you don't have "faith and belief" a god exists. Why? Because you "know". For example, I don't have belief and faith that planet Earth exists, I know it exists.

In my opinion, if you have "belief and faith" a god exists then that means you don't "know". Why? Because faith and belief are required because you don't "know". For example, I have faith and belief that physical aliens exist, but I don't know they exist.

So theists, which do you have ..... a "belief" that a god exists or do you "know" a god exists?
Also, if you say you "know" a god exists, will you admit you don't have "belief and faith" that a god exists?

Remember, saying "I believe I know god exists" or "I know I believe god exists" are not proper answers (and you know it).
i know that God is real. There was time i did not believe in any spiritual entity, there was time when i began to believe that there is God, and time came that i came to know that God is reality. Any 'belief' must eventually become 'know'. 'Belief' only comes when God taps your shoulder...

Old 07-15-2021, 03:17 PM

63,832 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
i know that God is real. There was time i did not believe in any spiritual entity, there was time when i began to believe that there is God, and time came that i came to know that God is reality. Any 'belief' must eventually become 'know'. 'Belief' only comes when God taps your shoulder...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality