Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:56 AM

321 posts, read 679,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
That's easy. Read the entire book of Psalm and you will no why. Nobody I mean nobody grobbled like King David could. Anytime I have felt bad or known that I disappointed my God I would read the book of David.

King David truely repented.
Yeah, I know about David. He was my favorite biblical character for precisely that reason, but I'm asking about Saul. Why did God have to do the guy so bad, man? Torment him with an evil spirit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
You mean the fact you came from monkey's cousin and that you as a black man (If I recall correctly) are a lower evolved specie? Sounds like European Imperialist evolution to me to call you a proud black man, the "missing link"

God calls you His child, His beloved.
C'mon man! From one black man to another, let's not go there, bro. I am an agnostic. Take a good look around these forums. I stay far from creation/evolution threads. I don't comment because I admittedly know VERY little about evolution and I still have questions about it even though I know the biblical account of creation is suspect at best. That being said, don't put thoughts in my mind that are not there. Cool?

Old 12-14-2008, 10:04 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condemned View Post
If people were telling me Harry Potter was all fact, then I might be on a forum about Harry Potter with lots of questions too.

Biblical truth according to whom???

My mind is made up about European colonization that has torn up this entire planet but I still went to watch the movie The End of Poverty and still had and have things to say about it. My kids hate me for it. Bad habit of mine. Forgive me, I just love to stir the mind to thinking by asking those difficult questions. I won't disrespect you by doing, Betsy, but beliefs/concepts/positions are fair game to be questioned on this OPEN forum.

Bible truths according to the Author and Finisher................................God! And as you've once again stated: Your mind is made up!! So again I Ask: What do you need to know??? Or, are you not so sure? Cause you're very adamant that you're mind is made up!

Old 12-14-2008, 10:11 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condemned View Post
C'mon man! From one black man to another, let's not go there, bro. I am an agnostic. Take a good look around these forums. I stay far from creation/evolution threads. I don't comment because I admittedly know VERY little about evolution and I still have questions about it even though I know the biblical account of creation is suspect at best. That being said, don't put thoughts in my mind that are not there. Cool?
LOL....I know a cheapshot but I could not resist. What do you believe?

Old 12-14-2008, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Bible truths according to the Author and Finisher................................God!

Quote:
And as you've once again stated: Your mind is made up!! So again I Ask: What do you need to know??? Or, are you not so sure? Cause you're very adamant that you're mind is made up!

Is yours not made up also, Betsy? It's not so much about what I need to know as much as what I want to discuss. Is that okay with you? Please don't go down that road that I am bringing these things up because I am NOT 'so' sure. I'm sure - VERY sure. I love discussion and not about TV reality shows either.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:23 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Interesting.....now I believe the bible to be infallible. What do you base your beliefs that the bible is not? and you forgot one very important variable in that circle. He's called the Holy Spirit. We are not tortured, burned alive, eaten by lions based on words in a book. The Holy Spirit is the He who comforts us. The words are God's words but it the Holy Spirit that reveals God's words to us to show it being absolutely without a doubt, the truth. The Holy Spirit moves in us in more ways then you can imagine

Old 12-14-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Interesting.....now I believe the bible to be infallible. What do you base your beliefs that the bible is not? and you forgot one very important variable in that circle. He's called the Holy Spirit. We are not tortured, burned alive, eaten by lions based on words in a book. The words are God's words but it the Holy Spirit that reveals God's words to us to show it being absolutely without a doubt truth. The Holy Spirit moves in us in more ways then you can imagine
That is your personal reality based on faith. There is nothing I can do about that.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:34 AM

Quote:
LOL....I know a cheapshot but I could not resist. What do you believe?
"Do not do to others what you do not want done to you" and with that, I live life within responsible fashion.

That covers it all and that's my religion.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:43 AM

5,289 posts, read 1,233,185 times
Here is another question that I've faced a lot, and that I will admit I've wrestled with. One of the 10 Commandments has to do with murder (or kill, depends on your translation). Basically God tell us not to kill others, yet He uses war often times (especially in the OT, and there is that battle that is predicted in Revelation) to bring about His plan. I think we can all agree that murdering someone is wrong, but what about the death penalty, and what about wars? Is it wrong/sinful to kill an enemy tango on the battlefield, or is it sinful to execute a murderer???

Old 12-14-2008, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyPoohFan317 View Post
Here is another question that I've faced a lot, and that I will admit I've wrestled with. One of the 10 Commandments has to do with murder (or kill, depends on your translation). Basically God tell us not to kill others, yet He uses war often times (especially in the OT, and there is that battle that is predicted in Revelation) to bring about His plan. I think we can all agree that murdering someone is wrong, but what about the death penalty, and what about wars? Is it wrong/sinful to kill an enemy tango on the battlefield, or is it sinful to execute a murderer???
The questioning mind is the first road one takes toward wisdom.

Yeah, it was a question I wrestled with too. Here we have God telling his people they are not to murder and a few chapters later, he's ordering them to do just that. Ask the tough question, come to the obvious conclusions and then try to reconcile them with your overall worldview and your brain might begin to hurt. Just be careful.

Last edited by Condemned; 12-14-2008 at 11:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality