Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:52 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times

Advertisements

jackdonekings wrote:
Quote:
i would like to know if anyone believes in existence of spiritual beings? give me good reasons if you don't and clarify your belief of not believing in the spiritual world
I think others have stated the answer very clearly, there's absolutely nothing in terms of evidence to back it up. We've all heard hundreds of stories about ghosts, hauntings, etc. and there's plenty of so called documentaries of modern day ghost busters who stalk the spirit world in haunted residences and hotels where some unruly entity is scaring the inhabitants with their frightful behavior. Generally it's some tortured soul who suffered unjustly in their lifetimes and has come back to kick some ass. Sometimes I watch them just for a laugh. The ghost hunters are always trying to act spooky and often dress in black. I guess a bright hawaiian shirt would be inappropriate if you're dealing with the ghost of a crazed woman who hanged herself in 1850.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 09:54 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,756,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Absolutely. You'll notice I never said what he might have been seeing, because I have no clue. But he saw something.
My apologies then. The implication seemed to be that he was having some sort of supernatural vision.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 AM

1,384 posts, read 2,347,297 times
I used to strongly believe in spirits..not because I ever had an experience but because so many people seem to have. Even people I know personally and have no reason to lie.

But this should be an easy to prove case with our modern technology. Buy a house that is supposedly haunted and set up all kinds of 24/7 surveillance cameras. If it's haunted...something is bound to happen at some point.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:10 AM

970 posts, read 1,700,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird82
I used to strongly believe in spirits..not because I ever had an experience but because so many people seem to have. Even people I know personally and have no reason to lie.
That is true. Even in this thread there are already a couple of honest witnesses. However (and I'm not going to be more specific because a debate like that could get ugly), each time, it's easy to find a more plausible natural explanation to what they saw.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:38 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,785 times
Unfortunately for most people, the only encounter they will ever have with anything supernatural or spiritual will be on their deathbed when they meet the Angel of Death..and by that time it will be too late to say anything

Old 02-04-2009, 12:44 PM

970 posts, read 1,700,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe
and by that time it will be too late to say anything
Depends on which god (if any) ends up being real after all, though.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:09 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
Depends on which god (if any) ends up being real after all, though.
Ohh..its real...the God of Judaism, Christianity & Islam are One and the same..just that somewhere along the way...people's interpretation of Him got off the straight path..

Old 02-04-2009, 03:27 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
jackdonekings wrote:

I think others have stated the answer very clearly, there's absolutely nothing in terms of evidence to back it up. We've all heard hundreds of stories about ghosts, hauntings, etc. and there's plenty of so called documentaries of modern day ghost busters who stalk the spirit world in haunted residences and hotels where some unruly entity is scaring the inhabitants with their frightful behavior. Generally it's some tortured soul who suffered unjustly in their lifetimes and has come back to kick some ass. Sometimes I watch them just for a laugh. The ghost hunters are always trying to act spooky and often dress in black. I guess a bright hawaiian shirt would be inappropriate if you're dealing with the ghost of a crazed woman who hanged herself in 1850.
Well there is a great deal of proof for hauntings, and I would say there is much more proof for that, then there is for evolution. Yet it appears that proof may not agree with your world view, so you just laugh it off. It appears you must simply filter out every account that comes your way. And you must do this a lot, because they have done endless studies of the supernatural for years. The supernatural has been recorded on tape recordings, film, video tape, and personal accounts. The proof is there, you just ignore it.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:04 PM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well there is a great deal of proof for hauntings, and I would say there is much more proof for that, then there is for evolution. Yet it appears that proof may not agree with your world view, so you just laugh it off. It appears you must simply filter out every account that comes your way. And you must do this a lot, because they have done endless studies of the supernatural for years. The supernatural has been recorded on tape recordings, film, video tape, and personal accounts. The proof is there, you just ignore it.
Show us the proof then, because all I've ever seen is either vague or doctored photos and films....I await with bated breath!

Old 02-04-2009, 04:19 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,627,765 times
Campbell34 wrote:
Quote:
The supernatural has been recorded on tape recordings, film, video tape, and personal accounts. The proof is there, you just ignore it.
I've never been presented with any proof whatsoever. Having done alot of photography and made the occasional bad shot I know how a photograph with a blurred image can appear to be something sinister even though it's just a poorly taken photo. If you leave the shutter open in a fairly dark room like a church for example and then have someone walk by and act ghostly you can have your very own spooky photo. If you've ever seen a photo of a city street taken at night that shows the red and white streaks from headlights and tail lights, that's what I'm talking about. I've never seen or heard anything that seems authentic but I'm completely open to considering it if you have a link to any website that has evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality