Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:55 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,522,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
No, I hasn't...
LOL, what a liberating one!

yet to op's question:

most likely, yet the mind (software program perhaps) can process it to conform with any other relevant judgment.

and now, what has you...?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 06:12 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
I may be a little late in replying to the earlier post(on page 5), but thankyou Fomalhaut for sharing that experience.

The only thought I have on this that I would like to make, is that any being who knows how to travel across dimensions would also be able to easily manipulate out brain patterns and thoughts. If any of the much-reported instances of alien encounters are to be believed (I do not think they can ALL be imagination), it looks as if the aliens have been with us for many hundreds of years and with their advanced technology, they would be able to give us all kinds of experiences at will. We do not know the hidden agendas of these beings either, maybe not all are beneficial to humans.

The point I am making is that we need to be aware of all other possibilities - however remote, and to take these into account when assessing our experiences. Formalhaut, I am not trying to put down your experience as the essence of it is the amazing feeling of peace and contentment it brought to you at the time and afterwards. That in itself is worth an immense amount. What I am trying to do is to bring a sense of perspective on the situtation and to caution everyone in general, to not lose their heads in the clouds of religion.

Of course we still have our wonderful experiences, it is important to appreciate them for what they were, but to attribute these experiences to some kind of a God would be to ignore other possibilities and would leave us open to possible gross manipulation by other beings.

In essence, all I am saying is to be grounded and consider all the practicalities in the light of the collective experiences we all have of other entities - unless we choose to ignore the experiences of others and place them in the category of as "fantasy" and keep our own experiences as "real".

Old 07-01-2009, 12:42 PM

63 posts, read 105,284 times
Ghosts are NOT demons. A ghost is the spirit of a DEAD person. Demons are fallen angels that are not and never will be humans.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:45 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Yes I believe in ghosts. Saw my grandmother twice, she came to comfort me and let me know she was no longer in pain. And she WAS NOT A DEMON!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 07:12 AM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
If it was really her then I am sure she was not a demon. However, I think you may find that spirits are not always what (or who) they seem to be Just like humans, malicious spirits have various adgendas. Some of these are not in our best interests.

So, what I am saying is that something may be able to impersonate our loved ones if they think that their objectives may be met. These objectives are sometimes not very pleasant and so we always need to be careful and check out the entity before taking further action.

Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
I belive people actually see ghosts and UFO's (although I'm sure the majority of reports are misidentifications and/or hoaxes). I also suspect the two are somehow related to each other.

I hesitate to say they are the spirits of the dead and aliens from outer space though. We are reading what we see through our cultural lenses and we might be seeing something completely different.

I think the phenomon should be seriously studied, although admittedly it would be very difficult to objectively do so, and the amount of BS crap that comes along with the real deal makes it almost impossible to sort fact from fiction.

I imagine that in time we will find a scientific explanation for the phenomon, just like we figured out the stars aren't painted on the belly of Nut as she does backbends over the Nile and that lightning bolts aren't chucked around by Zeus when he gets pissed off. We have already learned how to see unseen worlds with microscopes and other instruments and we already know there is more going on than what we can see with our own eyes, so why can't there be even more?

Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 PM

320 posts, read 449,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
A pretty long and important speech by Samuel don't you think? Why then would a holy god use an evil demon to deliver such an important message? Don't demons lie? Keep in mind as well, that to the Hebrews, Satan is an angel of G-d's court....not as some devil. So this was either Samuel or his ghost.
Very Good Obsevation!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:27 PM

2007 I moved into a 2 bdrm Unit my neighbor came over to welcome us that was nice of her. She gave us a back ground history of the unit and who had live here before us, she said an old man had died in the unit and which is why so many other tenants had left after living in this unit for one week.

Cut a long story short. I invited some friends over for Dinner, all was good, came to the end of the night one of me buddies left to go home while the other crashed out on the couch.

3am I woke, senced a presence standing over me, I turned round, and sure enough it was stairing at me, I got up and said to it "Yeah I Confronted It " I said " don't you even touch me' GOT IT!

I then walked past it and went to check on my mate who was sleep on the couch, woke him " he woke up and said whats wrong " I said nothing just couldnt sleep, just got up to see if you wanted a coffee' I said this because i didn't want to scare him.

After talking and finished our coffee's I went back to bed, and my mate went back to sleep, all was good. So I thought!

Within 20min of sleeping my mate came in the room shaking me to wake up! " wake up, he said, trembling like a leef, YOU GOT SOMETHING IN your house! "I remember thinking" Hmm here we go!

I told him to calm down you'll wake the neighbors, not like they could hear anything, he was shaken and scared. That to comfort him i had to tunr on the lights, all of them! then he said to me. You don't believe me, I said ah yeah I do. Thats why I woke you to see if you were alright.

lol he clung to be like a little boy! he described to me that there were a few spirits maybe 3 and that they kept making these horrible sounds like Whaaaaa in his face, My mate said he could smell the breath and feel the breath of these things, he called it. He even tried to get out the front door, but that was good he never!

Anyway he stayed till morning and even went back to sleep, morning came I drove him home and went back to set these spirits straight....practically told them to leave and that theres no place there for them..said a small prayer! and after that sweet as algood!

Lol my mate even came back and stayed another night He said I was cool, now i can't get ridd of him Sheeees!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:36 PM

11 posts, read 9,488 times
I have seen my own spirit before while I was sleeping. I had an out of body experience. However, be skeptical of anyone who says they see spirits while in their physical body.

"The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - The Bible

Old 07-16-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJayXJ View Post
I have seen my own spirit before while I was sleeping. I had an out of body experience. However, be skeptical of anyone who says they see spirits while in their physical bodies
Wow this al to be good " care to explain pls "

You are sleeping " how did you see your spirit. again " while you were asleep?

Who are those that see spirits while in there physical bodies? care to enlighten!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality