Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 07:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

My brother, a very logical, down-to-earth type, said he awoke in the middle of the night while sleeping at his girlfriend’s house. (His girlfriend lived in a very old house.)
When he awoke, he saw a woman wearing a very old looking dress, sitting in front of the dresser, brushing her hair. My bother watched in amazement until her eyes met his through the reflection of the mirror. She had a look a shock and disappeared!
My brother said he knew he did not dream this because he did not sleep the remainder of the night after that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2009, 08:18 AM

467 posts, read 984,209 times
i had a wierd experience as a teen once. My only witness would be 2 dogs outside that freaked out during this time, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what exactly it was, other than puzzling and I never forgot it. Still give me chills.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:14 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
I don't give this a lot of thought, but then again, it's not something I'll generally start a conversation about either, unless of course someone else should bring up the subject. To many non-believers out there, they think that what they can't see and touch doesn't exist, but then we can't see air either, but we know that it's there. We can't see out into the universe either, but know that it's there too.

Reading this post, interesting. I've seen the "shadow people" too.
I just brush it off, go on with whatever I was doing. I've only discussed it with one other person who has seen them as well. It's just another dimension to the universe, souls that for some reason are not at rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
First of all, I will add that the existince of ghost, spirites etc is not the usuall "atheists vs. theist" thing, because there are plenty of atheist out their who don't believe in god but do believe in the "supernatural", and I know some myself.

Second...I do believe in ghost, and demons, and angels, as well as....

Fairies
Unicorns
Dragons
Animistic Spirits
ESP
Astral Projection
Magick
Sea monsters *
monsters
Shamanry etc...

Why do I believe? One, because they cannot be disproven and, most importantly, the one thing no rationalist can ever refute, at least in my case...

BECAUSE IT'S FUN!

I have so many great memories of childhood being a crazy black wearing kid listening to the Sisters of Mercy, the Cure, Bauhaus, etc and doing seances and rituals and all. When I was younger, it didn't matter...left handed path, right handed path, magick was magick. I would do a ritual to Freya one day and a ritual to Leviathan the next, and man were they fun!

I once snuck out to the woods with a couple of my friends late night on June 21st...yep, Midsummer's Night! We started a boon fire in a trash can (it took ALLOT of convincing for me to get those idiots to not just stack logs and light em and maybe burn the whole forest down!) and did a ritual to call forth the power of the Seelie Court. Did it work? Probably not. Was it fun to do? HELL YAHH!

I will always get a kick out or ghost stories and tales of demons. I will always go to "haunted locations" and look for spokes. I will always use magick...GRANTED, I am more careful with my magick now, and I do not use the black arts anymore, not ever since some erie "coincidences" while using the dreader Goetia or "Lesser Key of Solomon", but the safer arts I do.

Do I depend on it? No! Does that mean it doesn't work? Not at all! All it means is that I am not sure I am that good a sorcerer that I can get by with just magick alone, and I should also depend on my more mundane powers to get through life. I did cast a spell to find a job quickly and it did work because a week after I cast it, I found a job! Coincidence? Maybe...but how fun is a "coincidence"?

I will always be into ghost and fairies and demons and all that. Why should I give up my hobby? Because some pencil-neck "rationalist" doesn't like it? Give me a break!

I did once see something I am trying to figure out to this day...ever see something in the corner of your eye and when you look, it vanishes? "shadow people" they call them, and most people think they're just someone seeing things. Well, when I was fourteen, I saw something moving out the corner of my eyes and looked...AND IT WAS STILL THERE!

It was a little blob of darkness with legs in the middle of a dark hallway. It turned a corner and was gone. Was I just seeing something? Maybe...but the little sucker was right in front of me, moving! I was creeped out to say the least, and slept with the lights on for a month after that...that is, until I got a little sandalwood, frankensinse and High John the conqueror root mixed with sea-salt, spring water, and some candles and got a nice little "kick-the-demonic muttafaqua-a-out-of-my-house" spell going! It was FUN

*(granted, sea monsters are not supernatural, because even the most devout "rationalist" has to admit, it's a big ocean out there and who knows what's in it)

Old 06-11-2009, 11:18 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,863,269 times
I have lived in a home that had a ghost for lack of a better term. It seemed to be a male presence and his energy was very heavy. several of us could see him move around the home. He didn't do anything except thrive off of the stress in the home... with a divorce pending there was plenty of that.

My present home has a couple of playful spirits in it we were leaving the house and outside getting into the car when my cell phone rang... it was my home phone calling me... No one was in the house.

They also like to rearrange things and hide things... that can get annoying.. but it is always playful, and no harm done.

Old 06-11-2009, 11:47 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,111,153 times
I've experienced weird things before, but all of them had a logical explanation, so no, I don't believe in ghost, goblins or any of that good stuff.

I used to get sleep paralysis at least once or twice a week when I was younger. I eventually learned to just ignore it and try to go back to bed.

I've also had crazy dreams and once, thankfully just once, a mild panic attack.

None of those things made me a believer in the supernatural, although I can understand how some people, if they experienced similar things, would be inclined to believe.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:57 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Ohh..its real...the God of Judaism, Christianity & Islam are One and the same..just that somewhere along the way...people's interpretation of Him got off the straight path..
So then, I guess that means that Marduk of ancient Sumeria is the true GOD since he is at the start of the "path" leading down to the Abrahamic religions

The god of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are misinterpretations of HIM.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:22 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,972,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I hear many say they're all demons but I'm really torn. Someone whom I know to be very down to earth and 'logical' was driving down a country road one night when he approached a person at the side of the road just standing there staring at him. As he got right up to her, she looked exactly like his mom. But it couldn't have been her. She passed away a couple years prior. He was so startled by this he pulled over and looked behind him. There was no one there. As he sat there for about ten minutes collecting himself, a car sped past him at an excessive speed. Moments later, he started driving again and right over the hill, he came upon a bad accident with two cars. One was the car that sped past him. Both cars were mangled and everyone was dead.

Why would a demon appear to you and cause you to pull over, thereby, probably saving your life? I don't know. Some might say it was an angel but it seems kind of cruel to appear as someone's deceased loved one whom they're probably missing terribly.
Demons like to pretend they are departed love ones. They do this to get people to believe the Bible is untrue. Because death in life for the Christian means present with the Lord. Yet if your mother dies and you see her walking down main street, that could get someone to believe the Bible is untrue. Demons do stuff like this all the time.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:32 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Demons like to pretend they are departed love ones. They do this to get people to believe the Bible is untrue. Because death in life for the Christian means present with the Lord. Yet if your mother dies and you see her walking down main street, that could get someone to believe the Bible is untrue. Demons do stuff like this all the time.
So I ask you again..

....so when Saul had the Witch at Endor summon the ghost of Samuel, was that actually him, his ghost or a demon pretending to be Samuel? (1 Samuel 28:7-20)

Old 06-12-2009, 12:52 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,836,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
So I ask you again..

....so when Saul had the Witch at Endor summon the ghost of Samuel, was that actually him, his ghost or a demon pretending to be Samuel? (1 Samuel 28:7-20)

It was almost the ghost of Samuel himself.

[But IMO the thing is that his ghost was of an old man, while the soul of man is always a mature young man: about 35 years old, unless he died at younger age.

The other thing is that the woman told Saul that the ghost of the old man was "coming up out of the earth!" While in such case the ghost of Samuel the prophet should come down from the heaven, not up from the earth.

I think that there has been some alteration of this story as of many other tales included in the Torah written by Ezra following their return from the captivity of Babylon.]

New Page 1 (http://man-after-death.t35.com/1.htm#Evocation_of_Spirits - broken link)_

Last edited by eanassir; 06-12-2009 at 01:29 AM..

Old 06-12-2009, 03:59 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
For ghost to be real, everything else we know about physics must be a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality