Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:41 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times

Advertisements

I have no reason to doubt. With energy constantly changing, manifestations, and weird things are always on my agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 11:48 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
i would like to know if anyone believes in existence of spiritual beings? give me good reasons if you don't and clarify your belief of not believing in the spiritual world
I have definetely encountered spirits, and in the presence of witnesses. I have lived in one haunted house, one haunted Silverstream trailer, and witnessed a "howling wind" phenomena indoors on two occasions seperated by more than two years. Perhaps not coincidentaly, since I was saved in 1981 and became a Christian, I have had no paranormal spirit provoked experiences of any sort. On the other hand, there have been some undoubted miracles.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 PM

33,552 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I have definetely encountered spirits, and in the presence of witnesses. I have lived in one haunted house, one haunted Silverstream trailer, and witnessed a "howling wind" phenomena indoors on two occasions seperated by more than two years. Perhaps not coincidentaly, since I was saved in 1981 and became a Christian, I have had no paranormal spirit provoked experiences of any sort. On the other hand, there have been some undoubted miracles.
Well then, here is your chance to be rich and famous...Grab your camcorder and get it on video....You would be the first with authentic evidence...Then you could write a book, and then comes the movie offers.... Don't miss this great opportunity.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:34 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Your sarcasm is not appreciated. I am posting my actual experiences. If you have not seen any evidence of spiritual activity, so be it, but it is impolite to disparage others as you so often do. You are joining a select few on my ignore list.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:48 PM

33,552 posts, read 37,151,051 times
I was serious. You guys are always full of testimonial evidence, but when today even cell phones have cameras, why not gather some real evidence? I don't know why you are insulted if you really believe what you say. Get cracking, get those pictures and show me how I'm wrong for not believing in ghosts or spirits.....As I said you would be the first.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:32 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
I believe in the existence of the paranormal and have had several personal experiences.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:46 AM

6,956 posts, read 6,880,495 times
Quote:
Now.. does cloth have a spirit?
If cloth does not have a spirit then these so-called ghosts would be naked.
Anyone ever seen a naked ghost?
Not just cloth or any organic material, but inoganic material too.

I dont know why everyone expects the 'experts' and 'scientist' to know what is going on. They dont. They THINK they do, yes, but in reality they only know a very small percentage of the knowledge that is available.

Even something as mundane as physical illness is not understood properly yet, so how can something as etherial as ghosts and spirits hope to be understood. If you ask a doctor why you get cancer, he can only tell you what processes the body goes through - because that has been studied in many people. No-one really knows the reason why one person gets sick then gets better again.

Just an example to those (like sanspeur) who say that this spirit and ghost phenomena cannot possibly be 'real'. ....and how do they know for sure anyway?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:29 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,505,779 times
When you start examining the details of these experiences, you soon find out that they are not likely to be true - even when the story teller believes the story they are telling.

Your brain lies to you - a lot. It will tell you that you see what you are expecting to see, not what is there. You will detect facial patterns where none exist. You should be very skeptical of all these paranormal tales, because even when people are being honest, their brains may not be.

Ghost are usually given all the attributes that Hollywood gave them. But hollywood is filled with contradictions, and when you get to the details, you'll find that most often the person is describing what their mind believes a ghost should be like, not what they experienced

Old 08-03-2009, 02:21 AM

320 posts, read 449,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Your sarcasm is not appreciated. I am posting my actual experiences. If you have not seen any evidence of spiritual activity, so be it, but it is impolite to disparage others as you so often do. You are joining a select few on my ignore list.
LoL hey we have something in commen, we have the same wish list! wish it away. dang! flippen keep rubbin the bottle but its not wooorking. oh wel sweep it under the mat!

Old 08-03-2009, 02:31 AM

320 posts, read 449,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightynerd View Post
2007 I moved into a 2 bdrm Unit my neighbor came over to welcome us that was nice of her. She gave us a back ground history of the unit and who had live here before us, she said an old man had died in the unit and which is why so many other tenants had left after living in this unit for one week.

Cut a long story short. I invited some friends over for Dinner, all was good, came to the end of the night one of me buddies left to go home while the other crashed out on the couch.

3am I woke, senced a presence standing over me, I turned round, and sure enough it was stairing at me, I got up and said to it "Yeah I Confronted It " I said " don't you even touch me' GOT IT!

I then walked past it and went to check on my mate who was sleep on the couch, woke him " he woke up and said whats wrong " I said nothing just couldnt sleep, just got up to see if you wanted a coffee' I said this because i didn't want to scare him.

After talking and finished our coffee's I went back to bed, and my mate went back to sleep, all was good. So I thought!

Within 20min of sleeping my mate came in the room shaking me to wake up! " wake up, he said, trembling like a leef, YOU GOT SOMETHING IN your house! "I remember thinking" Hmm here we go!

I told him to calm down you'll wake the neighbors, not like they could hear anything, he was shaken and scared. That to comfort him i had to tunr on the lights, all of them! then he said to me. You don't believe me, I said ah yeah I do. Thats why I woke you to see if you were alright.

lol he clung to be like a little boy! he described to me that there were a few spirits maybe 3 and that they kept making these horrible sounds like Whaaaaa in his face, My mate said he could smell the breath and feel the breath of these things, he called it. He even tried to get out the front door, but that was good he never!

Anyway he stayed till morning and even went back to sleep, morning came I drove him home and went back to set these spirits straight....practically told them to leave and that theres no place there for them..said a small prayer! and after that sweet as algood!

Lol my mate even came back and stayed another night He said I was cool, now i can't get ridd of him Sheeees!
Did I mention! that my mate is Atheist! he didn't believe in the Ghost/Spirit/ Demon anology either. Saying it was a whole bunch of trash fairy tale crap LOL till it happened to him! now these days he says nothing. Guess the ghost got his tongue!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality