Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 09:07 PM

72 posts, read 105,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
i would like to know if anyone believes in existence of spiritual beings? give me good reasons if you don't and clarify your belief of not believing in the spiritual world
I sure do beleive but the source of all these earthly beings is Satan, how it manifests is up to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 03:54 PM

22,211 posts, read 19,238,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
i would like to know if anyone believes in existence of spiritual beings? give me good reasons if you don't and clarify your belief of not believing in the spiritual world
yes, they exist, i have experienced them
until i experienced them, I doubted that they existed.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:01 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,981,917 times
First of all, I will add that the existince of ghost, spirites etc is not the usuall "atheists vs. theist" thing, because there are plenty of atheist out their who don't believe in god but do believe in the "supernatural", and I know some myself.

Second...I do believe in ghost, and demons, and angels, as well as....

Fairies
Unicorns
Dragons
Animistic Spirits
ESP
Astral Projection
Magick
Sea monsters *
monsters
Shamanry etc...

Why do I believe? One, because they cannot be disproven and, most importantly, the one thing no rationalist can ever refute, at least in my case...

BECAUSE IT'S FUN!

I have so many great memories of childhood being a crazy black wearing kid listening to the Sisters of Mercy, the Cure, Bauhaus, etc and doing seances and rituals and all. When I was younger, it didn't matter...left handed path, right handed path, magick was magick. I would do a ritual to Freya one day and a ritual to Leviathan the next, and man were they fun!

I once snuck out to the woods with a couple of my friends late night on June 21st...yep, Midsummer's Night! We started a boon fire in a trash can (it took ALLOT of convincing for me to get those idiots to not just stack logs and light em and maybe burn the whole forest down!) and did a ritual to call forth the power of the Seelie Court. Did it work? Probably not. Was it fun to do? HELL YAHH!

I will always get a kick out or ghost stories and tales of demons. I will always go to "haunted locations" and look for spokes. I will always use magick...GRANTED, I am more careful with my magick now, and I do not use the black arts anymore, not ever since some erie "coincidences" while using the dreader Goetia or "Lesser Key of Solomon", but the safer arts I do.

Do I depend on it? No! Does that mean it doesn't work? Not at all! All it means is that I am not sure I am that good a sorcerer that I can get by with just magick alone, and I should also depend on my more mundane powers to get through life. I did cast a spell to find a job quickly and it did work because a week after I cast it, I found a job! Coincidence? Maybe...but how fun is a "coincidence"?

I will always be into ghost and fairies and demons and all that. Why should I give up my hobby? Because some pencil-neck "rationalist" doesn't like it? Give me a break!

I did once see something I am trying to figure out to this day...ever see something in the corner of your eye and when you look, it vanishes? "shadow people" they call them, and most people think they're just someone seeing things. Well, when I was fourteen, I saw something moving out the corner of my eyes and looked...AND IT WAS STILL THERE!

It was a little blob of darkness with legs in the middle of a dark hallway. It turned a corner and was gone. Was I just seeing something? Maybe...but the little sucker was right in front of me, moving! I was creeped out to say the least, and slept with the lights on for a month after that...that is, until I got a little sandalwood, frankensinse and High John the conqueror root mixed with sea-salt, spring water, and some candles and got a nice little "kick-the-demonic muttafaqua-a-out-of-my-house" spell going! It was FUN

*(granted, sea monsters are not supernatural, because even the most devout "rationalist" has to admit, it's a big ocean out there and who knows what's in it)

Old 02-10-2009, 03:52 PM

6,957 posts, read 6,882,745 times
The trouble is that most people have to see/feel things to 'know' that they are 'real'.
What we dont understand is how the illusion of this 3d place is created and how we perceive things as real, even though they are really pure energy and not solid at all.

This is the way all these miracles and ghosts and all kind of 'strange' phenomena can happen.

If we understood this and if we were taught how the universe was put together, none of these things like UFOs, apparitions, etc etc would need to be 'proved' to us, they would be just as 'real' to us as a solid table.

So, yes, I do believe they 'exist' because I believe they are all just part of the conscious, sentient, energy fabric of the universe like we are.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,445 times
My mother owns a hair salon in Delaware,Ohio and on June 8th, 2009 my mother and I were listening to the radio and the radio turned off. I had looked back in the room where the radio was and no one was there. But I had ran back as fast I could to try and find out who had did it but no one was there.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I do believe ghost are demons, and they are here to create a false reality.
The Bible states that when we die we either go to be with the Lord, or to a place of judgement. Demons may appear as departed loved one, or someone who lived in the past, such as a solider from some past war ect. They do this, to convince us that the Bible is untrue. By appearing as a human who is in between worlds, they would have you believe that the Bible was in error when it tells us that the departed go to be with the Lord, or to judgement. Demons also appear as UFOs and other phanomana.
They have been with us since the beginning, and they are here to hurt and deceive us. I do believe God uses angles to protect us from time to time as well. Yet I believe true angles do not deceive us by appearing as a deceased loved one.
Hmmm....so when Saul had the Witch at Endor summon the shade of Samuel, was that actually him, his shade or a demon pretending to be Samuel? Just asking. (1 Samuel 28:7-20)

Old 06-10-2009, 02:16 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,958,411 times
To the OP....ya know, I have to take my good old agnostic stance on this one and say, "I don't know".

There's been some things that have happened that I cannot explain, but cannot say for sure what they were. The one that I will always remember is a time I crashing at a friend of mine in Cache, OK (Cache is in the middle of Comanche Country and has a high Comanche population). Anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night and I heard the drum and some OLLLLLLDDDD Comanche songs being sung in the woods near his house. I figured it was some folks having what we call a "49" and went back to sleep. I'm not going to go into what that is, if ya wanna know ask in a PM or Google it.

When I got up the next morning I asked my friend, "Did you hear those guys 'nining in the woods last night? They were singing some old songs! I haven't heard those in a really long time!" He said there was no one out there last night, but that I had heard the ghosts. He said they do that sometimes and even come into his house and move things around and look at stuff. His grandma agreed with him.

Now, being the skeptic that I am, I have no idea if these were really ghosts or me being in one of those dreaming I was awake things or what it was. But being culturally Comanche, I can't rule it out either.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:12 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,173 times
Well, I took a picture with my phone about two years ago of my living room and a face was in the picture. You could see the face, eyes, hair, nose and chin. I don't have the phone anymore, but hoping to take or see another as I did before. If I ever take a picture I will post it here.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:13 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I do believe ghost are demons, and they are here to create a false reality.
The Bible states that when we die we either go to be with the Lord, or to a place of judgement. Demons may appear as departed loved one, or someone who lived in the past, such as a solider from some past war ect. They do this, to convince us that the Bible is untrue. By appearing as a human who is in between worlds, they would have you believe that the Bible was in error when it tells us that the departed go to be with the Lord, or to judgement. Demons also appear as UFOs and other phanomana.
They have been with us since the beginning, and they are here to hurt and deceive us. I do believe God uses angles to protect us from time to time as well. Yet I believe true angles do not deceive us by appearing as a deceased loved one.
Then I quess Jesus was conspiring with demons!

Matthew 17:1

Quote:
1After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. 2There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:16 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,173,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Show us the proof then, because all I've ever seen is either vague or doctored photos and films....I await with bated breath!
Watch what you wish for....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality