Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 04:39 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times

Advertisements

Well, I've always considered Buddhist monks as spiritual beings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 11:34 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
I have a history of seeing spirits often. I just moved into our newly bought house and I've seen many walking through. But I don't feel they're negative spirits. I don't feel bothered by them. The house my family rented a few years ago had a very troubled, negative spirit that haunted the house. Way different feeling than those here now.

Old 08-07-2009, 05:27 AM

896 posts, read 1,865,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I have a history of seeing spirits often.
Yep me too.

But that's because my drinks cabinet is very near my computer desk.

Aside from the spirits that are in my drinks cabinet I do not believe in any other kind of spirit or 'ghost'. (Though I did enjoy the movie)

Old 08-07-2009, 08:11 AM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northsider View Post
Yep me too.

But that's because my drinks cabinet is very near my computer desk.

Aside from the spirits that are in my drinks cabinet I do not believe in any other kind of spirit or 'ghost'. (Though I did enjoy the movie)

That's funny, but I'm being serious. I didn't believe it myself for a while, until I started telling people about the messages I'd get from them, which were true 99% of the time and shocked the people I told.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:32 PM

896 posts, read 1,865,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
That's funny, but I'm being serious. I didn't believe it myself for a while, until I started telling people about the messages I'd get from them, which were true 99% of the time and shocked the people I told.
So tell us. What did they look like... how did they communicate... were they male or female.... were they transparent or solid.. were the 'messages' of great importance?

So many questions.

But hopefully you'll put some meat on the skeleton.... so to speak.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:54 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar overkill
When you start examining the details of these experiences, you soon find out that they are not likely to be true - even when the story teller believes the story they are telling.
Well, I can see that you dont like to be out of control of situations. It is generally fear of being out of control that makes people deny things which they find uncomfortable.

Before you tell people that these things are not true, how about explaining how there are thousands apon thousands of people who have experienced ghosts and paranormal phenomena. Once you can explain that satisfactorily, then you may have some basis for saying that these things are unreal to the people who have experienced them.

And... while you are at it, try explaining what 'real' is anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality