Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 07:28 PM

275 posts, read 687,179 times

Advertisements

i would like to know if anyone believes in existence of spiritual beings? give me good reasons if you don't and clarify your belief of not believing in the spiritual world
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 07:42 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,007,791 times
I hear many say they're all demons but I'm really torn. Someone whom I know to be very down to earth and 'logical' was driving down a country road one night when he approached a person at the side of the road just standing there staring at him. As he got right up to her, she looked exactly like his mom. But it couldn't have been her. She passed away a couple years prior. He was so startled by this he pulled over and looked behind him. There was no one there. As he sat there for about ten minutes collecting himself, a car sped past him at an excessive speed. Moments later, he started driving again and right over the hill, he came upon a bad accident with two cars. One was the car that sped past him. Both cars were mangled and everyone was dead.

Why would a demon appear to you and cause you to pull over, thereby, probably saving your life? I don't know. Some might say it was an angel but it seems kind of cruel to appear as someone's deceased loved one whom they're probably missing terribly.

Old 02-04-2009, 01:11 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
I hear many say they're all demons but I'm really torn. Someone whom I know to be very down to earth and 'logical' was driving down a country road one night when he approached a person at the side of the road just standing there staring at him. As he got right up to her, she looked exactly like his mom. But it couldn't have been her. She passed away a couple years prior. He was so startled by this he pulled over and looked behind him. There was no one there. As he sat there for about ten minutes collecting himself, a car sped past him at an excessive speed. Moments later, he started driving again and right over the hill, he came upon a bad accident with two cars. One was the car that sped past him. Both cars were mangled and everyone was dead.

Why would a demon appear to you and cause you to pull over, thereby, probably saving your life? I don't know. Some might say it was an angel but it seems kind of cruel to appear as someone's deceased loved one whom they're probably missing terribly.
I do believe ghost are demons, and they are here to create a false reality.
The Bible states that when we die we either go to be with the Lord, or to a place of judgement. Demons may appear as departed loved one, or someone who lived in the past, such as a solider from some past war ect. They do this, to convince us that the Bible is untrue. By appearing as a human who is in between worlds, they would have you believe that the Bible was in error when it tells us that the departed go to be with the Lord, or to judgement. Demons also appear as UFOs and other phanomana.
They have been with us since the beginning, and they are here to hurt and deceive us. I do believe God uses angles to protect us from time to time as well. Yet I believe true angles do not deceive us by appearing as a deceased loved one.

Old 02-04-2009, 04:44 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,440,456 times
I have seen an angel. She carried my brother to my parrents after he fell off his bike and hit is head on a sewer cover. She insisted they take him to the hospital, she gave my parrents the address of where she lived down the road. My parrents took my brother to the hospital and he had a skull fracture and he could have died. When we looked for the woman to thank her, the people at the address said they never knew the woman and anyone matching her discription. We asked up and down the street with no luck finding her.

My father saw a centurion soldier walking down the street. He had no body from the waist down. My Grandfather saw an angel appear in his room one night as he was struggling with questions about work. After seeing the angel in both cases my father and grandfather felt peace. My grandfather rolled over in bed and went to sleep.

My father-in-law was trying to get his family home during a flood. A man in a VW bug pulled up along side of him and said "follow me", while the torential rains poured down. They followed the car till it lead them a certain way to their home. The mysterious VW driver slowed down at their house, when my father-in-law pulled in the drive-way the man in the VW waved at him and drove on. How did he know where they lived? After my father-in-law found out that the man drove them through roads that were supposed to be many feet under water, which they were not when they drove through (could God have parted the waters?).

These are encounters with angels, not ghosts. I think that ghosts for the most part are demons attempting to deceive humans. As stated above the sighting of UFO's in the sky are also demons. The disciple thought Jesus was a ghost when he walked on the water in the storm as he came near their boat. The disciple were familiar with ghosts, and Jesus just appeared like one in the storm. There is also only one place in the bible where an actual ghost was the person that had died and that is Samuel. When Saul went to the witch of Endor, she condured up the dead and was in terror when she found that it was the spirit of Samuel himself who appeared as an apparition not the familiar spirit which she was used to working with.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:19 AM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
i would like to know if anyone believes in existence of spiritual beings? give me good reasons if you don't and clarify your belief of not believing in the spiritual world
This sounds like an elementary school test....

My reasons are simple...Nothing supernatural has ever had one iota of proof...Not ghosts, fairies, angels, satan, demons, souls, communicating with the dead or even god.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:21 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,918 times
Quote:
No, I do not. Reason? Because there is absolutely not one shred of evidence supporting the existence of any supernatural entities.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:32 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Before my dad died 7 yrs ago, he had hospice care in his home. Of course I was there 24/7, and often I laid in the hospital bed with him in his living room. I would talk to him about everything, and he would talk as much as he could.

Every once in a while, he would point to the ceiling, smile, and move his mouth like he was talking, but nothing would come out. I would ask him if he sees anything, and he would shake his head yes, and ask, don't you? I would tell him no, I don't. He would just say "beautiful".

Old 02-04-2009, 07:33 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,755,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Before my dad died 7 yrs ago, he had hospice care in his home. Of course I was there 24/7, and often I laid in the hospital bed with him in his living room. I would talk to him about everything, and he would talk as much as he could.

Every once in a while, he would point to the ceiling, smile, and move his mouth like he was talking, but nothing would come out. I would ask him if he sees anything, and he would shake his head yes, and ask, don't you? I would tell him no, I don't. He would just say "beautiful".
Touching, but not proof of anything. Dying people often hallucinate.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:46 AM

520 posts, read 896,026 times
Quote:
No I do not believe in the existance of spiritual beings, nor a spiritual world. Why? Becuase i have never seen any valid proof that either exisist, and i have never experienced either of them.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:50 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Touching, but not proof of anything. Dying people often hallucinate.
Absolutely. You'll notice I never said what he might have been seeing, because I have no clue. But he saw something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality