Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 07:59 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,506,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
millions of what, I don't see facts
By "Facts" are referring to a feeling in your heart?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 08:17 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,306,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
By "Facts" are referring to a feeling in your heart?
He's not talking about anything in His heart, from His post, He is talking about facts about evolution. But I waiting for the facts.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:55 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
I didn't misquote you.

It's not a lose/win issue with me. The fact is, your arguments are not based on logic.

I'm not surprised about your reply though. Naturally, when you can't address what I say, you resort to talking about me as a person.
I don't know where you got those quotes. But only a few of thoe were mine. Go back and check it again.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:57 PM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Umm.. yes you misquoted a whole pile of quotes in your post #61 to Funkymonk that belonged mostly to slashsdfz the OP. I thought it was rather odd myself.... and quite confusing.
Exactly. What are you trying to do here Haaziq???

Old 04-19-2009, 04:38 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,736,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsdfz View Post
As I look around these forums, I can't help but notice people pleading for evidence of God's existence. God does not NEED to prove himself. Someone please show me, in the Bible, where it says GOD MUST PROVE HIMSELF. He does not need to. Why SHOULD God prove himself? Even if He DID, the disbelievers would still be...disbelievers - just like those that don't believe we landed on the moon to THIS DATE, they wouldn't believe in God if he appeared before them.

As far as I am concerned, look at your hands, feet, your child. Look at the trees, the sky, the sunset. Drink water, breathe air. That is good enough proof to me that we were created on a planet that we can live on. However, God needs no REASON to prove Himself to anyone. It is your choice to find Him, not for Him to find you.
there is probably a god!!!but not the one that the holey babbles of the world preach... the god that i think exist doe's not have enough time in his day to save all the humans on earth... look at noah's ark he only took two of each speises male and female... there are billions of universe and trillions of planets that are just like ant farms to a kid... god tags the ants he is going to save for future use.. so keep looking for the signs i have seen 4 so far. so maybe my loto number is up and i get to go on the ark.

Old 04-23-2009, 05:52 AM

970 posts, read 1,700,503 times
Hey people, this thread is not about evolution.
Quote:
As I look around these forums, I can't help but notice people pleading for evidence of God's existence. God does not NEED to prove himself. Someone please show me, in the Bible, where it says GOD MUST PROVE HIMSELF. He does not need to.
God is not "physically" forced to prove himself (/itself). But in my opinion he is morally obliged to do so - or at least the Christian God is.
Quote:
Why SHOULD God prove himself?
Because if the Christian religion is true, non-believers will be sent to hell. But since God did not provide us all with solid evidence of his existence, that means many a honest critical thinker will be send to hell. Using one's reason should not be a crime worthy of eternal torture - but that's just my opinion...
Quote:
Even if He DID, the disbelievers would still be...disbelievers - just like those that don't believe we landed on the moon to THIS DATE, they wouldn't believe in God if he appeared before them.
How incredibly rude of you. Despite what you apparently think, atheists are not all madmen or idiots. If God had the good grace of showing me a miracle, I would become a believer, like most (if not all) atheists.
Quote:
As far as I am concerned, look at your hands, feet, your child. Look at the trees, the sky, the sunset. Drink water, breathe air. That is good enough proof to me that we were created on a planet that we can live on.
That's not evidence of God's existence, merely evidence that is consistent with the God hypothesis. Just as it is consistent with the Flying Spaghetti Monster hypothesis - or the scientific theories explaining the formation of the earth and subsequent evolution of the human specie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahv
There will never be 100%, irrefutable evidence of God's existance because that would mean the choice of accepting Him would be taken away. You can't choose to believe in something if there is no way for you to deny it.
And that's a good thing... why? Wouldn't the choice of whether or not to obey God's commands knowing that he exists be much more meaningful?
(Besides, how can you presume to know the reasoning of God himself?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahv
I believe a better question would be would you actually want proof? In the words of Joan Osbourne:
"If God had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets"
Of course I would want proof. Ultimate justice? An end to all moral dilemmas? Eternal life in heaven in exchange for relatively small work on earth? Sounds good to me. And hey, inevitable death is a pretty frightening perspective to me. But I do not base my beliefs on what I want to be true.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:00 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,446,125 times
Default God does not need to prove Himself to anyone

Of course not.

Neither do dragons, sea serpents or unicorns.

Old 10-09-2009, 04:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,230 times
God doesn't need to prove his existence, but you need to provide a reason for why you to believe. If you don't believe me, read your bible it says it.

Old 10-09-2009, 06:14 AM

1,301 posts, read 2,111,264 times
You gotta love Diva God.

Diva God: Don't you know who I am!? I do things my way on my own time. I don't need to prove anything to you. Who are you again? Oh, that's right. You're a little nobody. I'm God! I do what I want! I don't answer to you!

I don't think it could be any more clearer that this "God" is nothing more than a reflection of the personalities of his believers.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:15 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
......... you choose to not believe in God, but there are some that do.
Many theist have said to me 'It's your choice to believe in god or not'. I don't understand this. I have never been able to 'choose' what I believe. I'd be really interested to know how it's done Miss Shawn. As you appear to think that it is something voluntary that can be done, perhaps you could explain just how it's done. I don't believe it can be done. How do you 'choose' to believe something? For example, I assume that you don't believe in the existence of three-headed elephants? So could you, (just to demonstrate how one chooses to believe something) choose to believe that three-headed DO exist. OK....GO!

So now, at this precise moment, having chosen to believe.... do you truly and sincerely believe that three-headed elephants exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxolan View Post
........ Ultimate justice? An end to all moral dilemmas? Eternal life in heaven in exchange for relatively small work on earth? Sounds good to me. And hey, inevitable death is a pretty frightening perspective to me. But I do not base my beliefs on what I want to be true.
Quite so Roxolan. I'd love there to be a 'god'. Just think of it...eternal life, the chance to meet family and friends that have gone, no illness, no worries, eternal bliss in a paradise. Who wouldn't want that?? But like you I just can't believe something is true simply because I want it to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality