Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 06:01 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You don't really know the history of the Bible all that well do you?

Of course not, he's a Christian!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 06:10 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
Yes Alan, we could. And you and I would probably have a gay old time doing it. However, I see your join date is just but this year? I've been coming here and reading their words for several years now.

I read more than I post, because mostly I do not have anything to say. Also I know I must choose my words wisely least some one come back at me and try to enter me into a match of testament. CD has proven for me a great place of learning what other people think.

I will share with you my favorite verse in the Bible. It is one that I believe the Lord has given to me specific for a specific purpose. Along with the one verse are the other words that continue to substantiate the one for me. Click on the link provided.

The King James Version

Galatians

6:1Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
The King James Version Free Online Bible

Now Alan, we must get back to the topic at hand and the question of the OP. Would Christians make Homosexual illegal if they could?

My contingency is, that it is just sex. And that the act of sex has nothing to do with how God will judge them in the end, in that if they believe that or not. But for the people of this world to govern the act of sex and to know they would even need to govern this, then there is something wrong with people and their moral judgments displayed on this earth, for that to have to take place.

I vote no, I would not make the act of sex illegal, hetero, or homo.

Just as the word gay does not mean one is happy any more, the word Parent is also being redefined within the judicial system. All things are subject to redefinition at any given time and space.

The world is but forever spinning and changing as the people in it are forever, doing the same.

DM me Alan, if you would like to share scriptures in a private discussion.
Are you saying you think sexual orientation is just about sex?

Is being heterosexual just about sex? Really?

So you don't think homosexuals love and bond with someone? Or form committed relationships with someone or have families? They just have sex?

Or are you just projecting?

Old 07-03-2009, 06:13 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Of course not, he's a Christian!
You'd think that Christians who believe that "God" wrote (or inspired) the Bible would know it backwards. And know it's history and the history of their own religion... but that hasn't been my experience with Christians in general. Especially from the ones who like to cherry pick verses out of historical/cultural/linguistic context to judge and condemn others.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:42 PM

31 posts, read 41,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You'd think that Christians who believe that "God" wrote (or inspired) the Bible would know it backwards. And know it's history and the history of their own religion... but that hasn't been my experience with Christians in general. Especially from the ones who like to cherry pick verses out of historical/cultural/linguistic context to judge and condemn others.
WOW I KNOW HUH! I mean what ever happened to "Thall shall not judge?" Geeze loueese. I think the more diversity we have the more interesting life becomes and why wouldn't God think so too. Plus in the first part of the Bible "male and female" made he them could mean that in the beginning we may have been very interesting indeed. So we should all probably learn more tolerance.....huh! Especially of our MOMS!!!!!
Huh?

Old 07-03-2009, 08:35 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,103,480 times
Quote:
However, I see your join date is just but this year? I've been coming here and reading their words for several years now.
Im sure that Im a member of forums that you know nothing of too, or perhaps just learned about lately...the point is moot.

The only thing that might be of interest is the fact that I'm a lot older than most here are and I have had my share of ups and downs, pain and joy.

And in all this I remember that speaking up against evil is never going to be a very popular thing to do,,,,but it is what we are sent into the world to do.

We are the light of the world.
The Lost see our light, see our standards and see out moral guidance and then they are able to know where they stand in the world.

With our light to guide them, the Lost turn and see and do not stumble.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:04 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,593,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Im sure that Im a member of forums that you know nothing of too, or perhaps just learned about lately...the point is moot.

The only thing that might be of interest is the fact that I'm a lot older than most here are and I have had my share of ups and downs, pain and joy.

And in all this I remember that speaking up against evil is never going to be a very popular thing to do,,,,but it is what we are sent into the world to do.

The Lost see our light, see our standards and see out moral guidance and then they are able to know where they stand in the world.

With our light to guide them, the Lost turn and see and do not stumble.
I'm not spring chicken either Alan. However, maybe not as old as you. I'll tell you, I'm 48. Most people when they see me though, think I am much younger. Reason being, no hard drugs, drinks, or life in the area of choice most people have come in contact with. I am most fortunate.

I am adopted and have german bloodline and my parents, my father at least, well I was born into a german name. My folks were 40, and 41 at the time of my birth, so I was not taught of my generations of ideas, but ideas and standards, that of 20 years past. To shorten it, I was raised, not hatched. Also, unlike some, I took what they had to teach me very seriously as my mother once told me, 'if I do not teach you the difference between what is right and wrong, then how will you ever be able to know the difference'? My mother was a southern Dixie woman and my father was a yankee.

I have always thought myself to be most fortunate in that I have had the best of both the southern and northern, the generations, and is it coincidence my natural mother was a German woman and I am placed in a home with German heritage? I think the Lord knew my needs before I was born.

I do not agree with you that we are to fight evil. Vengeance is for the Lord. It is in how I was taught and in what I read of the Bible, "we are to spread His word". It also has been my experience, that you can take the horse to the water, but you can not make him drink it.

How we judge one another on earth is how we will be judge on judgment day. We are certainly to decide for ourselves in that which is right or wrong and act accordingly. It is wrong for me to have sex and not be married, correct? (the happy group)

Do you know that I have heard from men, that if I will not sleep with them in the dating period that I will never have the desire to have sex with them? (Here's your hat, there's your keys, what's your hurry)

Yes, we are the light and through that light they will see their acceptance into the Kingdom of God. Do you think those men saw, my light?

I took the liberty to do a quick search of the Daily Bible Study on line. This site I found several years back and since I have never owned a Bible of my own and I do not have one to put into my hands (the knowledge is in my heart) I have found this site, most interesting to read at times. So for this post I quick searched the word homosexual and I have three links of which I have not read yet. Read them with me.

1) Daily Bible Study - Inviting The Wrath Of Almighty God

2) Daily Bible Study - Mitylene

3) Daily Bible Study - Is Jesus Christ A Sissy?

imho, the OP's question is more of a political controversy topic and belongs in that form, however to fit it in here, the word Christian, was put into the question.

Those who have not sinned, cast the first stone.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 PM

Quote:
I do not agree with you that we are to fight evil. .
What good Christians are to do is fight against the plans and actions of evil men.
Sin is the evil we struggle and fight against.
But the world loves darkness.

Ever think about what the "Light of the world" is shining it's light on?....
ANSWER: the world's sins.

It is sins that the church is in business to uncover and speak out against.
Now the sin of being Gay is very dark.
The death that comes from this sin is very real.
That is the message we in the church should be telling the Gays.
That they are in darkness and dead....dead to God.
and that only by repenting and turning from their lifestyle of sinning can they enter into the kingdom....

any other path that might try to walk is death...

Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
What good Christians are to do is fight against the plans and actions of evil men.
Sin is the evil we struggle and fight against.
But the world loves darkness.

Ever think about what the "Light of the world" is shining it's light on?....
ANSWER: the world's sins.

It is sins that the church is in business to uncover and speak out against.
Now the sin of being Gay is very dark.
The death that comes from this sin is very real.
That is the message we in the church should be telling the Gays.
That they are in darkness and dead....dead to God.
and that only by repenting and turning from their lifestyle of sinning can they enter into the kingdom....

any other path that might try to walk is death...
So you think it is your business, and your churches to conform to what you believe? Do you have any idea how prejudiced and hurtful that nonsense sounds? You are the type of christian that I abhor. Why on earth don't you mind your own business? Gays are not evil, as a matter of fact I would much prefer to have them as friends rather than people like you.

Old 07-03-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
So you think it is your business, and your churches to conform to what you believe?.
The business of the church,,,is to GO into all the world and make Disciples...teaching them...

We in the church are not to just mind our own business and hope someone drops by and wants to know what we are about...
Rather we are to be knocking on doors,and taking to the streets or to the ballot box , the message of what we believe.

Jesus told us to to be ready to "Pick up your cross and follow me"

Not "Pick up your pillow and find a good place to stay out of the way"

Old 07-03-2009, 11:51 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
no but if i were able i would make posting about gay issues on a straight thread 24/7 illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality