Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 04:13 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,257 times

Advertisements

The idea that God created something called 'light" en rout is the most silly teaching I have yet heard of.
It has no place within the Christian church and should be a thing only the cults push of the foolish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 04:14 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
I think that before you add to the text like this and try to tell people that God made the 'sun" on the 4th day, you should go back and look to see if that is the teaching of the text?

It is not!

Remember, what does the Bible say is the very first thing God made in the beginning?
You cant get the 4th day right if you dont know what God made on the 1st day!...LOL
You are, I think, suggesting that the sun is the light? -nope! The Bible does not say the sun is the light and the Bible says the sun was made by labor, on the 4th day.
The sun refracts the light, as do the stars.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
I'll post it again so that you may try reading it again. I.
Its like you have never read the bible before!

Do you even have a copy near you so that you might check what you are saying?

such errors!

Old 07-26-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Bible says the sun was made by labor, on the 4th day.
nope

Old 07-26-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
The idea that God created something called 'light" en rout is the most silly teaching I have yet heard of.
It has no place within the Christian church and should be a thing only the cults push of the foolish.
God created the light on day 1, then he made a firmament and divided the waters from the waters by that firmament, and stretched out the heavens in which he then set/placed, the sun, moon, and stars which He made, on day 4 in the same stretched out firmament between the waters which He divided.

Old 07-26-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
God created the light on day 1, then he made a firmament and divided the waters from the waters by that firmament, and stretched out the heavens in which he then set/placed, the sun, moon, and stars which He made, on day 4 in the same stretched out firmament between the waters which He divided.
error, error, error...

I think I may have to get you your first Bible for this Christmas,,,

Old 07-26-2009, 04:19 PM

do you even have a bible handy?

Old 07-26-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
nope
What God made on day 1...made on day 2...made on day 3...made on day 4 is all listed in Genesis. You got a problem with "God made" the sun, moon, and stars on day four, as it is written in the Word? -apparently you do have a problem with Bible language, and you make silly statements in light of the Truth, which slaps your doctrine down and shows your biblical ignorance.

Quote:
The Bible says that He made two great lights on day four. Everything he made on the days is listed in Genesis 1, which pertain to our creation. On day four, He made the stars and the sun and the moon.
Gen 1:16 And God made/עשה `asah two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: [he made] the stars also....Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

עשה `asah Gesenius's Lexicon (Help)

Old 07-26-2009, 04:23 PM

You know...its hard to get an answer out of you...
I will ask this one more time...

Do
You
Have
A
Bible
Handy?

do you have a bible handy?
Yes or no?

Old 07-26-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
The moon isn't a light source.
The sun is not the light source, but is a light refractor, as the stars are.
The light which was spoken into existence on day 1 is not the sun, nor the moon, nor the stars. The sun which was created on day 4 refracts the created light which was created on day 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality