Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 06:27 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times

Advertisements

I'm beginning to understand, but it's way way too far out there for the likes of me

The Sirius Mystery is a book by Robert K. G. Temple first published in 1976. It presents the hypothesis that the Dogon people of Mali, west Africa, preserve a tradition of contact with intelligent extraterrestrial beings from the Sirius star-system. These beings, who are hypothesized to have taught the arts of civilization to humans, are claimed in the book to have originated the systems of the Pharaohs of Egypt, the mythology of Greek civilization, the Epic of Gilgamesh, and so on.

The Sirius Mystery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 06:30 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,125,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Thats fine, but would you like to just see what the Bible teaches to be able to compare it to science or whatever faith teachings you hold to?
I know what the bible teaches, but have rejected it in favour of reality many years ago.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:31 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,742 times
Quote:
Let me guess...you believe in UFOs too right?

I bet you do.
I bet your god fly's around in a UFO too...
I bet you also believe you have been on one....
You sure don't know how to hold a real intelligent debate, do you? I mean, you attack me for what I put up proofs for why I believe what I believe, and offer no intelligent refutation based on anything at all -just your say-so.

There are no UFO's; just holy angels, fallen angels, and men; and all have had chariots, and do have chariots -using Bible language.
Jesus rides the heavens by His name YAH!, and the chariots of the LORD are ten thousand times ten thousand.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:40 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,102,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

The Sirius Mystery is a book by Robert K. G. Temple first published in 1976. It presents the hypothesis that the Dogon people of Mali, west Africa, preserve a tradition of contact with intelligent extraterrestrial beings from the Sirius star-system.
I knew it!!!!!!I knew it!!!!!!
I knew it!!!!!!
I knew it!!!!!!

Old 07-26-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I know what the bible teaches, but have rejected it in favour of reality many years ago.
Then you do not want me to go on?....

I admit, the bible is way more dull than our Mr Spock's UFO ideas....

Old 07-26-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
People said the earth was flat once too.
But the Bible never said the earth was flat, and ancient, truly wise peoples, never said the earth was flat. -and they traveled around the world and settled it all, right after Babel, and had trade back and forth from and to all points on earth, before dark ages set in; which set man back, again.
You might learn some real history about the earth, if you just wanted to. It isn't hidden and unavailable information. The world is filled with the historical artifacts documenting the advanced technology and understanding of the ancients, even after the flood -and in some places long after the confounding of the mother tongue at Babel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
We KNOW for a fact what the sun is.

It is not rock and it is not "crystal".
And so you have been to the sun, have you?, and you can tell us from your own experience just exactly what the sun is, can you -Not!
God says He set His tabernacle in the sun, and it is made of tessellated [rock] crystal.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You sure don't know how to hold a real intelligent debate, do you? .
With an adult I do.

But from what Im reading?

I think your ideas should be listed right up there with the other great questions of our time...

Like who shot first Han Solo or Greedo?

Old 07-26-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
I knew it!!!!!!I knew it!!!!!!
I knew it!!!!!!
I knew it!!!!!!
Well, so you are in on the conspiracy, too! I know nothing of it and do not read such books, for I have it on God's word that He made the earth as the center, and first, of His creation, and then stretched out the heavens and placed His created sun, moon, and stars, in His stretched out firmament on the 4th day. There are angels, and there are fallen angels, and there is a City of God in the heavens, in which the angels who rule earth as Watchers, dwell. I don't know where that city is, but we'll never get there by trying, cause we're earth bound, like in a fishbowl, because we are, in Adam, fallen sons of God.

Mr Temple has a book which is filled with research on the ancient use of optics in all ancient civilizations, the book if called "The Crystal Sun"; the purpose of my own use of the book is to see what the ancients said and did about optics, and it is fascinating.
For myself, I said clearly that Robert Temple is not a Bible Believing born again Christian, the research on optics which he has done in the book the Crrystal Sun is probably out of your depth to follow, as you are a skeptic.
It is too bad that Mr Temple is not a Bible Believer, but research he has done on ancient optics is there for anyone who does not have the years to devote to the research to read, and then they can go check the sources to see if what he has laid out is true.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:52 PM

I think I know who has the complete set of BattleStar DVDs.....

Old 07-26-2009, 06:53 PM

got a bible handy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality