Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 06:54 PM

33,596 posts, read 37,237,761 times

Advertisements

The Sun is the largest object in our solar system and contains approximately 98% of the total solar system mass. One hundred and nine Earths would be required to fit across the Sun's disk, and its interior could hold over 1.3 million Earths. The Sun's outer visible layer is called the photosphere and has a temperature of 6,000°C (11,000°F). This layer has a mottled appearance due to the turbulent eruptions of energy at the surface. Solar energy is created deep within the core of the Sun. It is here that the temperature (15,000,000° C; 27,000,000° F) and pressure (340 billion times Earth's air pressure at sea level) is so intense that nuclear reactions take place. This reaction causes four protons or hydrogen nuclei to fuse together to form one alpha particle or helium nucleus. The alpha particle is about .7 percent less massive than the four protons. The difference in mass is expelled as energy and is carried to the surface of the Sun, through a process known as convection, where it is released as light and heat. Energy generated in the Sun's core takes a million years to reach its surface. Every second 700 million tons of hydrogen are converted into helium ashes. In the process 5 million tons of pure energy is released; therefore, as time goes on the Sun is becoming lighter.

What we know about the Sun

Composition of the Sun
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 06:56 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,424,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You sure don't know how to hold a real intelligent debate, do you? I mean, you attack me for what I put up proofs for why I believe what I believe, and offer no intelligent refutation based on anything at all -just your say-so.

There are no UFO's; just holy angels, fallen angels, and men; and all have had chariots, and do have chariots -using Bible language.
Jesus rides the heavens by His name YAH!, and the chariots of the LORD are ten thousand times ten thousand.
Firstly, you have offered nothing in the way of proof, only conjecture and opinion based totally on vapors, spamming the site so that people will not address the points of your rediculious comments.

Secondly, if you do not wish to be ridiculed for these inventions, these fantasies, don't post the on the internet.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,111,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Secondly, if you do not wish to be ridiculed for these inventions, these fantasies, don't post the on the internet.
Always good advice to be sure...

But when you think about this guy, does it not figure that he actually wants to be made fun of?

I mean,would you not have to actually seek out people to tell them this junk?
and doing so, would you not know that you would be seen as a fool by all?

Old 07-26-2009, 07:00 PM

33,596 posts, read 37,237,761 times
I think he has to be yanking our chains. Nobody could possibly ignore what we know of the universe, in favour of this clap trap.....Could they?

Old 07-26-2009, 07:00 PM

sans....you never got around to my question so I dont know if I should go on, or stop?

Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,468,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
If you think that the sun is nothing more than a mirror, I'd sure like to know where you think all the life giving light and heat is coming from.

Every time I think I've heard every far fetched idea there is, I come across something like this.
This is not new news. It is what the Bible says, and what Enoch saw.
The sun is not a mirror. God set His tabernacle in it, as He said in the Bible, and Enoch went there, and it is made of "tessellated crystal" and flames of fire. John saw the same inner temple of the LORD, and remarked on the crystal sea before the throne.

The light was created on day 1. The sun was created on day 4, to govern the light by day, and the stars and moon govern the light by night.
The light does not dwell in the sun -and you can't find it by trying, for it is just there, through the created firmament.

Job 38:19 "Where is the way to the dwelling of light? And darkness, where is its place,

Old 07-26-2009, 07:01 PM

Quote:
I think he has to be yanking our chains. Nobody could possibly ignore what we know of the universe, in favour of this clap trap.....Could they?
well....never underestimate the power of beer or pot to help a guy come up with all kinds of wacky ideas.......

Old 07-26-2009, 07:04 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,468,246 times
Quote:
You know nothing about the universe. you have not been outside your fishbowl existence, and what the Creator says, you deny.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools".

Old 07-26-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
Always good advice to be sure...

But when you think about this guy, does it not figure that he actually wants to be made fun of?

I mean,would you not have to actually seek out people to tell them this junk?
and doing so, would you not know that you would be seen as a fool by all?
I was thinking more along the lines of "spreading the good word to the people" from whatever junk church/sect/cult he belongs to.

I've known a few like this one, tho I cannot remember what cult they belonged to, some really wierd conglomeration of Christianity and Eastern Dharmic beliefs sort of pushed together and sewn up like Frankenstien's monster.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You know nothing about the universe. you have not been outside your fishbowl existence, and what the Creator says, you deny.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools".
Keep proving our point, Sparky.

BTW, no response to the bible quotes I psoted earlier?

Do youself the biggest favor you can. Turn of the Idian music, put down Temple's junk, and go outside and actually enjoy some of the heat and light our hydrogen power nuclear reactors gifts us with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality