Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2009, 04:32 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You are, I think, suggesting that the sun is the light? -nope! The Bible does not say the sun is the light and the Bible says the sun was made by labor, on the 4th day.
The sun refracts the light, as do the stars.
I could care less what the bible says, but the sun, which by the way is a star, creates light and heat because it they are basically gigantic nuclear reactors.

It boggles my mind why anyone would prefer to remain so ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 05:05 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,462,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I could care less what the bible says
And that is your loss.
Quote:
, but the sun, which by the way is a star, creates light and heat because it they are basically gigantic nuclear reactors.
No, the sun is not a nuclear reactor. It is a created light refractor, and the ancients said it is built of [rock] crystal [tesselated, says Enoch], and it is the place where God set His created temple for His created throne in the created heaven; and that is Bible doctrine; "in the sun hath He set His tabernacle".
I wrote this on another board, about the Bible doctrine of the temple of YHWH set in the sun, which is where Jesus Christ sits on His throne, today, too];
Quote:
Isaiah 18:4 in the Hebrew is just as plain; There is a created temple in the created heavens called "His dwelling place, the dazzling hot sun" from where God rests and scans intently, looks down upon, the doings of specific sons of Adam -Isaiah 18:4, in the Hebrew.
The inhabitants of earth are as grasshoppers in His sight, from His throne set in the dazzling hot sun.

Enoch's visit to His created temple in His created heaven shows a "tesselated" crystal house surrounded by bands of fire, which Enoch went through to the temple. In that temple Enoch said there were no delights of life [it is not in Paradise, the City of God, then] and it was "hot as fire and cold as ice".
Above the created temple, Enoch viewed a heaven like clear water, where was the paths of the stars "above" that Holy of Holies in the heavenly temple which Enoch visited in the vision.
Enoch chapter 14 And I went in till I drew nigh to a wall which is built of crystals and surrounded by tongues of fire: and it began to affright 10 me. And I went into the tongues of fire and drew nigh to a large house which was built of crystals: and the walls of the house were like a tesselated floor (made) of crystals, and its groundwork was 11 of crystal. Its ceiling was like the path of the stars and the lightnings, and between them were 12 fiery cherubim, and their heaven was (clear as) water. A flaming fire surrounded the walls, and its 13 portals blazed with fire. And I entered into that house, and it was hot as fire and cold as ice: there 14 were no delights of life therein: fear covered me, and trembling got hold upon me. And as I quaked 15 and trembled, I fell upon my face. And I beheld a vision, And lo! there was a second house, greater 16 than the former, and the entire portal stood open before me, and it was built of flames of fire. And in every respect it so excelled in splendour and magnificence and extent that I cannot describe to 17 you its splendour and its extent. And its floor was of fire, and above it were lightnings and the path 18 of the stars, and its ceiling also was flaming fire. And I looked and saw therein a lofty throne: its appearance was as crystal, and the wheels thereof as the shining sun, and there was the vision of 19 cherubim. And from underneath the throne came streams of flaming fire so that I could not look 20 thereon. And the Great Glory sat thereon,
Chapter 71]
1 And it came to pass after this that my spirit was translated
And it ascended into the heavens:
And I saw the holy sons of God.
They were stepping on flames of fire:
Their garments were white [and their raiment],
And their faces shone like snow.
2 And I saw two streams of fire,
And the light of that fire shone like hyacinth,
And I fell on my face before the Lord of Spirits.
3 And the angel Michael [one of the archangels] seized me by my right hand,
And lifted me up and led me forth into all the secrets,
And he showed me all the secrets of righteousness.
4 And he showed me all the secrets of the ends of the heaven,
And all the chambers of all the stars, and all the luminaries,
Whence they proceed before the face of the holy ones.
5 And he translated my spirit into the heaven of heavens,
And I saw there as it were a structure built of crystals,
And between those crystals tongues of living fire.
6 And my spirit saw the girdle which girt that house of fire,
And on its four sides were streams full of living fire,
And they girt that house.
7 And round about were Seraphin, Cherubic, and Ophannin:
And these are they who sleep not
And guard the throne of His glory.
8 And I saw angels who could not be counted,
A thousand thousands, and ten thousand times ten thousand,
Encircling that house.
And Michael, and Raphael, and Gabriel, and Phanuel,
And the holy angels who are above the heavens,
Go in and out of that house.

Rev 11:19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Rev 14:15 And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
Rev 14:17 And another angel came out of the temple which is in heaven, he also having a sharp sickle.
Rev 15:5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened:

Rev 19:17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
Look at Numbers 25:4. I deleted all the words added for understanding, and look at what is left.
Num 25:4 LORD said [unto] Moses, Take heads people, up before YHWH sun, fierce anger LORD away Israel.
When the sun rose, the heads of the people were hung up before YHWH , whose habitation -His dwelling/temple- is in the sun, and His anger was turned away from Israel.

There's too much evidence to discard that indeed, God means what the Word does say in the original in this matter.
The glory and fire of the created sun is an example/type, of the Glory of God.
Mal 4:2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom [be] honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Mat 17:2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.

Mat 13:43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

Dan 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:34 PM

33,574 posts, read 37,202,082 times
Ridiculous!

HowStuffWorks "How the Sun Works"

Old 07-26-2009, 05:41 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,109,274 times
Do you have a real bible handy?

Not a website, or some type of computer program, but a real bible written on paper?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
I could care less what the bible says,.
Thats fine, but would you like to just see what the Bible teaches to be able to compare it to science or whatever faith teachings you hold to?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Ridiculous!
I have to agree with you on that call.
Thats not even close to what the Christian Bible teaches,...

I swear some people just dont have a clue...

anyway,

Old 07-26-2009, 05:45 PM

sans....(can i call you sans?)

are you up for my posts?

Old 07-26-2009, 05:57 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,934,124 times
Default A giant Crystal? What the.....

I'll cover your six, san.

The sun's a giant crystal? This is too rich to let slip on by. And just when I was going to retire...

Let's have a go. It could keep my mind off my arthritis for a few more weeks...

The sun's just a refractor crystal? All the stars are? Using what source of light?

Oh my lord. We're doomed!

Old 07-26-2009, 05:59 PM

So, you got your bible out?
good...

Now open it up to the first part , and the story of genesis.
You there?...
good.

Now what we all want to do first is find out what the bible says is the first thing God made in the beginning and while we are at it, compare this answer to what science teaches was the first thing (or things) that were made?

So what does the text say?

(Not what do you think it means, lets just stick with what the text says)

Old 07-26-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post

Oh my lord. We're doomed!
I have to agree ...

If that junk were in the bible I would have tossed mine away years ago.

And if such teachings were part of the christian faith?...count me out!!!

But as that stuff is not in the Bible, and is not any part of the christian faith, we are safe...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality